News Forum - Nigerian drug lord’s Thai wives and foreign accomplices nabbed in Bangkok smuggling sting

Thaiger

3 hours ago, PhuketBloke said:

"But it is a lot easier to date nurses and bank tellers and all other types of girls in Thailand than it is back West(I've done it)"

Well not unless you are a young good good-looking guy with a clear English (called a British Accent in Texas) accent working in Texas for six months, for example, it was quite easy I found. Same in Germany etc.

(Oh those were the days).😃

But it would not have worked if it was an old guy trying to date a very much younger woman. 

I take on board your comments and I agree there are many different scenarios involved. 

I would still say in my 30+ years of experience with Thai people they do in the vast majority of cases marry someone of a similar age.

Plus in my case the vast majority of rip-off cases I personally have been told about directly have involved bar girls who were much younger than the farang.

I am not saying that is always the case but the odds are against the much older guy with the much younger woman scenario.

Plus there are two sides to a story, the farang might have been trying to exploit someone much younger than themselves thinking they were taking advantage until the tables were turned. 

I've seen all kinds of scenarios 

And I do think we all fall into a trap of looking at other's situations to sort of justified that we are doing it right 

But at the end of the day 

Who cares what others are doing 

We all should just worry about ourselves 

11 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I agree with you @Manu and I am sure you see it as much or more as most 

But it is shocking how so many of these guys allow themselves to get taken when they seemingly went through life with decent jobs, and navigated life

Then come to Thailand and lose their senses 

I don't think it's funny and it is sad.

But sometimes you just have to shake your head.

Absolutely right, at the end there is indeed not much more else to do then shake your head, but to me it is always some kind of sad "it does not make any sense" type of head shakings.

16 hours ago, PhuketBloke said:

It is funny as many of the guys prance about as though they are special, they are deceiving themselves by thinking it is natural for good-looking young women to physically fancy old Farang guys.

Many of them wonder why we do not have such a beauty hanging on our arm, we already know the answer but do not bother to tell these guys as the girl will then convince her prey to believe we are jealous so we stay well away from that sort of conversation, we just look on silently laughing to ourselves. 

I think a revision is in order, "Many a fool has been put under the bridge by a woman." (written by Mr. Common Sense)

Yes, I got your point in the first place, and you find that funny, yes, I got that. It is just that I, personally, find that sad.

"I think a revision is in order, "Many a fool has been put under the bridge by a woman." (written by Mr. Common Sense)"

When you hear these stories, you find them funny, your common sense. When I do, I find them sad, my common sense. Why adding that last sentence in your comment?

25 minutes ago, Manu said:

Absolutely right, at the end there is indeed not much more else to do then shake your head, but to me it is always some kind of sad "it does not make any sense" type of head shakings.

Yeah

Unless the guy is a real jerk, I don't take any pleasure in hearing about a guy getting scammed.

There is one in my wife's village

I don't even think you can call it a scam

Nice German guy, been married to his Thai wife for about 10 years

He still lives in Germany and she lives there as well but goes back to Thailand a lot

He built a nice 4mil baht home in village

Well she lost money gambling and sold the house without even notifying him for 2mil baht!

He's still with her and talking about building a new house 

That blows my mind but that's his business, not mine 

54 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Yeah

Unless the guy is a real jerk, I don't take any pleasure in hearing about a guy getting scammed.

He still lives in Germany and she lives there as well but goes back to Thailand a lot

Well she lost money gambling and sold the house without even notifying him for 2mil baht!

Well that story is the perfect example. A sad story to me, especially as there is also a gambling addiction in it, which could happen anywhere really. But on the bright side, those stories are a minority, fortunately, there are far more happy stories, I am surrounded by s*** loads of them, well I am surrounded by mostly happy stories and a few sad ones, pretty much the same here as everywhere I lived or have been before in my life, quite a few countries that is. I believe the difference here it is that pratically all of us started discovering Thailand in the wrong places, where there is indeed a concentration of the wrong Thai people where quasi all these sad stories start.

5 minutes ago, Manu said:

Well that story is the perfect example. A sad story to me, especially as there is also a gambling addiction in it, which could happen anywhere really. But on the bright side, those stories are a minority, fortunately, there are far more happy stories, I am surrounded by s*** loads of them, well I am surrounded by mostly happy stories and a few sad ones, pretty much the same here as everywhere I lived or have been before in my life, quite a few countries that is. I believe the difference here it is that pratically all of us started discovering Thailand in the wrong places, where there is indeed a concentration of the wrong Thai people where quasi all these sad stories start.

7 minutes ago, Manu said:

You couldn't be more right in what you say at the end!

I think you also need to keep away from the negative people in Thailand 

There is a lot of girls in my wife's village with farang husband or boyfriends

And when she was younger there would be a lot of drama that I refused to get involved in

And she soon learned to distance herself from any drama and negativity 

She stays with her best friend and her Aunt when she's in the village 

That's it

And they both only want good things 

And that goes for us farang as well

Keep away from negative expats and frequent visitors 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I've always done alright with girls my whole life.

I'd actually say I've done well, even if that sounds like a brag

It was undoubtedly more easy to meet interested girls in Thailand

But I was only in my early 30's

Although I have a hunch if I were single now at 51yrs old it would be similar 

Now that doesn't mean the majority of Thai girls are interested in western guys

Most aren't 

When guys get a little too conceited I always point out that these Thai girls didn't grow up with posters of old white guys on their walls 5555

But I still contend it is far easier in Thailand 

That could be all down to your attitude and approach when in the presence of a Thai woman.

For example in the UK from a young age, I have always fancied Asian women, I did not decide on it it was just natural for me.

As a young kid, some of my best friends were of Indian and Chinese origin and I used to eat at their houses often and mix with their families so maybe there was some influence there. 

So whenever I was at a party or some other event and I saw an Asia girl I fancied my interest was such that I made a special effort and was thus maybe more friendly, funny or whatever to that person and so had a better chance with them, I had no enthusiasm for English women and that probably showed.

No discrimination etc involved here, my choice was down to my own natural preferences which I had no control over. 

5 hours ago, Manu said:

Yes, I got your point in the first place, and you find that funny, yes, I got that. It is just that I, personally, find that sad.

"I think a revision is in order, "Many a fool has been put under the bridge by a woman." (written by Mr. Common Sense)"

When you hear these stories, you find them funny, your common sense. When I do, I find them sad, my common sense. Why adding that last sentence in your comment?

You have the right to find them sad and I have the right to find them funny.

5 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Yeah

Now I call that totally dim, he is still with her waiting to get ripped off again.

A gambler will never change.

But it does not make any difference if we think it is funny or sad, we are not going to do anything about it except write comments about it.

I have in the past tried to warn a few guys directly as they were naive as far as women were concerned and were in obvious danger but it always backfired so now I say nothing at all.

They did of course find out later what I was trying to warn them about.  

To clarify, most of the Farang - Thai relationships I have come across are sound, I am talking of the obvious con-merchants out there. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Umm 

I think you and @Thethihger are both saying the same thing 

In both of your haste to make fun of guys, neither of you realized that you are both on the "same team" 5555

If that doesn't encapsulates these Thai forums, I don't know what does!   😀

But just to add to you and his points...

In my 20 years time going to Thailand

I've seen both bar girls and "regular girls" rip off farangs, old and young 

I know many guys that have married bar girls and still going strong for almost 20 years (I'm one of them )

I've seen guys marry supposed "hi-so" girls that were ruthless and left them poor and crying 

And yes, I hate when guys think all Thai girls are for sale

I've admonished quite a few of those guys...

But it is a lot easier to date nurses and bank tellers and all other types of girls in Thailand than it is back West(I've done it) 

And often times those "regular girls " above are looking for the exact same thing as a bar girl is.

A lot of these so called "good girls" are up to their eyeballs in debt as well. 

And being a teacher, nurse, bank teller, government worker etc is a very low salary job