News Forum - Nigerian drug lord’s Thai wives and foreign accomplices nabbed in Bangkok smuggling sting

Thaiger

Police swooped to arrest a Nigerian drug lord’s three Thai wives and five foreigners in a drug smuggling operation at a house in Bangkok’s Nimit Mai district. Kirisak Tantinawachai, acting commissioner of the Narcotics Suppression Bureau (NSB), said officers had uncovered a drug trafficking network in Thailand controlled by a Nigerian man called Joseph, also … …

The story Nigerian drug lord’s Thai wives and foreign accomplices nabbed in Bangkok smuggling sting as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

A Nigerian up to no good in Thailand well there's a first (not) . 

Bet his three Wife's were really Pumpui as well and he told them he was American. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, 23RD said:

Bet his three Wife's were really Pumpui as well and he told them he was American. 

Is that the scam then as I have only come across one self-claimed American with an extremely Pumpui Thai 'wife' (who thinks he is American) here in Phuket?

There are two very Pumpui women living in the house so I am not sure if they are both 'wives', but he is definitely not American unless the USA has adopted a Nigerian-English accent as its national standard. 

1 hour ago, PhuketBloke said:

Is that the scam then as I have only come across one self-claimed American with an extremely Pumpui Thai 'wife' (who thinks he is American) here in Phuket?

There are two very Pumpui women living in the house so I am not sure if they are both 'wives', but he is definitely not American unless the USA has adopted a Nigerian-English accent as its national standard. 

Bar girls in Pattaya are still falling for The Nigerian Prince scam.

There's a few Africans hang about a  couple of certain nightclubs in Pattaya claiming to be Americans there's also been quite a few of them lifted by the BIB for Facebook scams against Thai girls over the past few years. 

And I've never seen them with slim girls either (probably because they don't come free).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 23RD said:

Bar girls in Pattaya are still falling for The Nigerian Prince scam

Only the fat or ugly desperates.  Stunners fall for Scots and Welshmen :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 10/27/2023 at 6:48 PM, 23RD said:

Yea, said by a westerner who’s derided by Thais for dating the extremely hideous leftovers and uneducated bar girls who end up outsmarting them and separating them from their money. What an irony haha

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, McTavish said:

Oh! Look! Another deluded white man thinking he’s adored by thai women? You’re a walking ATM my friend. The smart white boys know this already. If you aren’t spending your $$ to keep her (no money no honey), you’re most definitely a cheap Charlie who educated and well to do thai women avoid. Get off your high horse man

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, McTavish said:

Welshman! Yo boys, look at a sheep shagger 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Thethihger said:

Oh! Look! Another deluded white man thinking he’s adored by thai women? You’re a walking ATM my friend. The smart white boys know this already. If you aren’t spending your $$ to keep her (no money no honey), you’re most definitely a cheap Charlie who educated and well to do thai women avoid. Get off your high horse man

You do realize @McTavish was joking, right???

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, McTavish said:

Good one Jock. 😃

I was told a good joke many years ago by a Scotsman (I am English), I will shorten it with the key phrases.

Scottish Girl tells her mum she is getting married but the bloke is violent.

Mums say he will change.

But he has also spent five years in jail for armed robbery.

Mum says the time will have reformed him.

This goes on and on, with murder, arson etc........ until the final confession.

......But he is English.

Mum shouts at the top of her voice,  "Get rid of the bastd sassanack". 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thethihger said:

Yea, said by a westerner who’s derided by Thais for dating the extremely hideous leftovers and uneducated bar girls who end up outsmarting them and separating them from their money. What an irony haha

What do you mean hideous?

Over the 30 years of visiting/living in Thailand, there have been some very attractive beautiful bar girls who have managed to rip off farangs and deprive them of their money, the first step is the I love old blokes scam.

Then there is my Thai ex-husband is a monster scam and my parents are poor scam, as they look after the girl's two kids,  this is the start of the leak from the farang's accounts.

Then there will be the buy a house and car scam, which seals the farang's fate as when he pops home for a month or two to earn some more money the car has gone and the house has been sold by the time he gets back.

It is funny to listen to such stories though as they cry into their beer.

Edited by PhuketBloke
type

2 hours ago, Thethihger said:

I can see your total experience of Thai women is from a very narrow field, I can assume it is from hanging out at farang bars,  your comments say more about you than it does about the millions of honest and straightforward Thai women who do not hang around bars looking for farangs.

But you have never probably come across any of those, you sound like the Middle Eastern guys who pay for high-class hookers in Central London and think all English women are on the game as that is the extent of their experience.

I tell you what, go into a bank, a hospital, an office, for example, and ask a woman working there if you can buy her, let's see how long you will survive.

But in general people with your narrow experience of Thailand do make me laugh. 

And By the way, @McTavish was blatantly joking. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thethihger said:

Who's been drinking a  bottle of Sangsom from the 7/11 then???

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, PhuketBloke said:

I can see your total experience of Thai women is from a very narrow field, I can assume it is from hanging out at farang bars,  your comments say more about you than it does about the millions of honest and straightforward Thai women who do not hang around bars looking for farangs.

But you have never probably come across any of those, you sound like the Middle Eastern guys who pay for high-class hookers in Central London and think all English women are on the game as that is the extent of their experience.

I tell you what, go into a bank, a hospital, an office, for example, and ask a woman working there if you can buy her, let's see how long you will survive.

Watch out for the vertigo up there buddy....🤔🤔🤔

10 hours ago, Thethihger said:

The joke is on you since you are unable to comprehend the concept of sarcasm.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PhuketBloke said:

What do you mean hideous?

Over the 30 years of visiting/living in Thailand, there have been some very attractive beautiful bar girls who have managed to rip off farangs and deprive them of their money, the first step is the I love old blokes scam.

Then there is my Thai ex-husband is a monster scam and my parents are poor scam, as they look after the girl's two kids,  this is the start of the leak from the farang's accounts.

Then there will be the buy a house and car scam, which seals the farang's fate as when he pops home for a month or two to earn some more money the car has gone and the house has been sold by the time he gets back.

It is funny to listen to such stories though as they cry into their beer.

No matter how naive these people are, or stupid, or ignorant, or whatever else that makes them to engage in any of these scams, I never find their stories "funny". Just sad. A story when one person is stealing/ripping off/deceiving/using another one is always a sad story to me.

"Many a good man has been put under the bridge by a woman." (Charles Bukowski).

1 hour ago, Manu said:

No matter how naive these people are, or stupid, or ignorant, or whatever else that makes them to engage in any of these scams, I never find their stories "funny". Just sad. A story when one person is stealing/ripping off/deceiving/using another one is always a sad story to me.

It is funny as many of the guys prance about as though they are special, they are deceiving themselves by thinking it is natural for good-looking young women to physically fancy old Farang guys.

Many of them wonder why we do not have such a beauty hanging on our arm, we already know the answer but do not bother to tell these guys as the girl will then convince her prey to believe we are jealous so we stay well away from that sort of conversation, we just look on silently laughing to ourselves. 

I think a revision is in order, "Many a fool has been put under the bridge by a woman." (written by Mr. Common Sense)

Edited by PhuketBloke
typo
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, PhuketBloke said:

Umm 

I think you and @Thethihger are both saying the same thing 

In both of your haste to make fun of guys, neither of you realized that you are both on the "same team" 5555

If that doesn't encapsulates these Thai forums, I don't know what does!   😀

But just to add to you and his points...

In my 20 years time going to Thailand

I've seen both bar girls and "regular girls" rip off farangs, old and young 

I know many guys that have married bar girls and still going strong for almost 20 years (I'm one of them )

I've seen guys marry supposed "hi-so" girls that were ruthless and left them poor and crying 

And yes, I hate when guys think all Thai girls are for sale

I've admonished quite a few of those guys...

But it is a lot easier to date nurses and bank tellers and all other types of girls in Thailand than it is back West(I've done it) 

And often times those "regular girls " above are looking for the exact same thing as a bar girl is.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Manu said:

I agree with you @Manu and I am sure you see it as much or more as most 

But it is shocking how so many of these guys allow themselves to get taken when they seemingly went through life with decent jobs, and navigated life

Then come to Thailand and lose their senses 

I don't think it's funny and it is sad.

But sometimes you just have to shake your head.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I know many guys that have married bar girls and still going strong for almost 20 years (I'm one of them )

It's not often I agree with you on anything Marc ( because you're a leftie on the wrong side of history).

But I respect your honesty there Bud there's hope for you yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Umm 

I think you and @Thethihger are both saying the same thing 

In both of your haste to make fun of guys, neither of you realized that you are both on the "same team" 5555

If that doesn't encapsulates these Thai forums, I don't know what does!   🙂

But just to add to you and his points...

In my 20 years time going to Thailand

I've seen both bar girls and "regular girls" rip off farangs, old and young 

I've seen guys marry supposed "hi-so" girls that were ruthless and left them poor and crying 

And yes, I hate when guys think all Thai girls are for sale

I've admonished quite a few of those guys...

But it is a lot easier to date nurses and bank tellers and all other types of girls in Thailand than it is back West(I've done it) 

And often times those "regular girls " above are looking for the exact same thing as a bar girl is.

"But it is a lot easier to date nurses and bank tellers and all other types of girls in Thailand than it is back West(I've done it)"

Well not unless you are a young good good-looking guy with a clear English (called a British Accent in Texas) accent working in Texas for six months, for example, it was quite easy I found. Same in Germany etc.

(Oh those were the days).😃

But it would not have worked if it was an old guy trying to date a very much younger woman. 

I take on board your comments and I agree there are many different scenarios involved. 

I would still say in my 30+ years of experience with Thai people they do in the vast majority of cases marry someone of a similar age.

Plus in my case the vast majority of rip-off cases I personally have been told about directly have involved bar girls who were much younger than the farang.

I am not saying that is always the case but the odds are against the much older guy with the much younger woman scenario.

Plus there are two sides to a story, the farang might have been trying to exploit someone much younger than themselves thinking they were taking advantage until the tables were turned. 

34 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I agree with you @Manu and I am sure you see it as much or more as most 

But it is shocking how so many of these guys allow themselves to get taken when they seemingly went through life with decent jobs, and navigated life

Then come to Thailand and lose their senses 

I don't think it's funny and it is sad.

But sometimes you just have to shake your head.

Something seems to happen to SOME people as they pass through immigration when they first arrive, the rules of society, the rules of physics, and common sense seem to go out of the window it is like some people have been drugged.

For example, I see farang families probably with very little experience with motorbikes riding on the same motorbike in built-up traffic areas in Phuket they would never dream of doing such things back home.

They swim in rough seas at the beach even when the red flag is on display.

The list goes on and it seems as you said happens to guys too with their relationships. 

Edited by PhuketBloke
typo

3 hours ago, PhuketBloke said:

"But it is a lot easier to date nurses and bank tellers and all other types of girls in Thailand than it is back West(I've done it)"

Well not unless you are a young good good-looking guy with a clear English (called a British Accent in Texas) accent working in Texas for six months, for example, it was quite easy I found. Same in Germany etc.

(Oh those were the days).😃

But it would not have worked if it was an old guy trying to date a very much younger woman. 

I take on board your comments and I agree there are many different scenarios involved. 

I would still say in my 30+ years of experience with Thai people they do in the vast majority of cases marry someone of a similar age.

Plus in my case the vast majority of rip-off cases I personally have been told about directly have involved bar girls who were much younger than the farang.

I am not saying that is always the case but the odds are against the much older guy with the much younger woman scenario.

Plus there are two sides to a story, the farang might have been trying to exploit someone much younger than themselves thinking they were taking advantage until the tables were turned. 

I've always done alright with girls my whole life.

I'd actually say I've done well, even if that sounds like a brag

It was undoubtedly more easy to meet interested girls in Thailand

But I was only in my early 30's

Although I have a hunch if I were single now at 51yrs old it would be similar 

Now that doesn't mean the majority of Thai girls are interested in western guys

Most aren't 

When guys get a little too conceited I always point out that these Thai girls didn't grow up with posters of old white guys on their walls 5555

But I still contend it is far easier in Thailand