News Forum - Speeding concerns rise in Pattaya following motorcycle accident on Beach Road

Thaiger

Concerns about speeding vehicles on Beach Road in Pattaya have been raised once again following an accident involving a motorcyclist over the weekend. The incident occurred in the early hours of Saturday morning when the motorcyclist collided with a parked taxi, resulting in severe injuries. The injured motorcyclist, identified as Tatchaphonsit Jirasatirakul, was promptly transported …

The story Speeding concerns rise in Pattaya following motorcycle accident on Beach Road as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Only a concern following an accident instead of normal day to day driving on Thai roads which has many close calls?  For me it has been a concern at most places in Thailand when a youngster is showing off (not sure to who) usually without or a modified muffler making noise up to a 1/4 km away and just driving crazy fast on many Thai roads not designed for high speed.  Also, my guess the bike rider’s severe injury might include his melon impacting a hard object due to not wearing a helmet but I could be wrong.  Every time I drive my car I am always concerned I might hit a motorbike rider that cuts in front during high traffic in BKK or CNX or just zipping out of a side Soi anyway without even stopping to look for cars on driving the main road they are turning onto as a majority do.

The new Sukhumphit road, from Pattaya to Sattahip is truly impressive.  It will ease traffic congestion and smooth traffic flow, but even as construction is nearing the end game, it has already become a 30km race track to cars, trucks and kids on motorbikes, especially in the early hours .  I wait to see how many deaths will happen along that road once it's completed, I think it will be in triple figures in no time flat. A Ferrari passed me on that road just this morning.  I was doing around 70kph and  he/she/they/them  passed me like I was standing still.  Madness.