News Forum - Family of British man in coma needs help to bring him home from Thailand

Thaiger

A British man’s family is appealing for help to bring him home from Thailand, where he is fighting for his life following a terrible motorbike crash. The man, 32 year old Jay Bridgehouse from Stockport, travelled to Thailand for a chance to ‘chase his dreams’ and look for work, Manchester Evening News reported. But tragedy struck …

The story Family of British man in coma needs help to bring him home from Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

No helmet meaning not legal meaning insurance won`t cover him.

I also have to wonder if his driving licence covered motorbikes.

How many times have we seen this happen and when will they ever learn.

Very sad and tragic and I still hope this guy receives the funds required and he makes a full recovery.

Love to be compassionate, but he was seriously irresponsible while on a bike riding with phone in hand and no helmet on has cost his family more than heart ache hardship but also financial hardship. I will make the call (no pun intended), that if he was not on his telephone or had stopped his bike to talk then he would not be in this predicament. I see jack-arses riding bikes all the time while holding the mobile here in CM, and then the delivery food riders take the cake on that nut I won't get started on that. Chasing his dreams? Just what Thailand needed is another middle aged foreigner running to here with rose colored glasses on probably without any sort of University schooling and nest egg to get them past more than a couple of months. Hope he gets well, gets back home and stays there.

• Like 2

Traffic accidents are common in Thailand. According to some statistics, 48 people die on the road every day. If that is true, more people die in traffic accidents in Thailand in four days than do in Finland in a year. And we have snow and ice on the roads in winter.

8 hours ago, Grumpish said:

No crash helmet, on the phone at the time - and the idiots family expect everyone else to bail him out? 

And they will find some, I think

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cg66 said:

32 years old with five kids and he comes to Thailand to find work? What sort of work was that? 

I didn’t see he had 5 kids anywhere. If true then his life should be about taking care of them and not galavanting with no care. What a mess he has made of things for him and his family. 

Came to Thailand looking for work. Did he have a work permit? Guessing he has never heard of health or travel insurance either! Did he have a full motorcycle licence? No sympathy I am afraid

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

I didn’t see he had 5 kids anywhere. If true then his life should be about taking care of them and not galavanting with no care. What a mess he has made of things for him and his family. 

‘Moved to Koh Samui where the father of 5 is in critical condition’

Hmm, people make dumb choices and this poor sap is one of those. No travel insurance, and no helmet equals blazing stupidity. Unfortunately he should have got insurance, even the Consulate won't pay for that. 

• Like 1

On 3/12/2023 at 7:25 AM, Cg66 said:

‘Moved to Koh Samui where the father of 5 is in critical condition’

5 kids really? I hope he is ok for his kids and family sake, but he has literally wiped out his parents and families bank accounts and maxed their credit cards out of stupidity. People like this should not travel. No pot to p i s s in and takes everyone down around him. Chase a dream when you retire or are financially set.

• Like 1