Metal

Vordus

Is Tool Heavy Enough?

Maynard who created the lyrics for my favorite tool song, to me is describing an abusive person within his family orbit. Someone who is prone to emotional outbursts for any number of potential reasons and causes. Abusive father, psychotic mother or sibling? To me this song characterizes someone with what is called Intermittent Explosive Disorder. I had an abusive alcoholic step father this way...

IED is a behavioral disorder (with many causes and triggers) characterized by explosive outbursts of anger and/or violence, often to the point of rage, that are disproportionate to the situation at hand (e.g., impulsive shouting, screaming or excessive reprimanding triggered by relatively inconsequential events). Impulsive aggression is not premeditated, and is defined by a disproportionate reaction to any provocation, real or perceived. Some individuals have reported affective changes prior to an outburst, such as tension, mood changes, energy changes, etc.

"Intermittent explosive disorder is marked by frequent and distinct episodes in which an individual fails to resist aggressive impulses or reactions grossly out of proportion to any provocation. In general, these outbursts are brief and impulsive, not premeditated, and last less than half an hour, but can result in serious acts of assault or property destruction." -- Psychology Today

Look it dead in the eye
You are darkness
Trying to lull us in, before the havoc begins, into a dubious state of serenity... Acting all surprised when you're caught in the lie

We know better
It's not unlike you, it's not unlike you
We know your nature

Control, your delusion
Insane and striking at random
Victim of your certainty, and therefore your doubt's not an option
Blameless, the tempest will be just that
So try as you may, feeble, your attempt to atone
Your words to erase all the damage cannot

• 1 month later...

Just remember, KISS was considered heavy, back before metal was a thing, Going to the origins of metal let me piss everyone off with one of their best.👍

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...