News Forum - Pattaya bans airhorns at bars after noise complaints

Thaiger

Pattaya‘s nightlife scene can get loud, and authorities are looking to deal with noise pollution. Pattaya City has now released a statement to the city’s bar operators with three regulations that they must fully follow by March 15. Among these regulations is the removal of airhorns. The new regulations come after numerous Pattaya residents lamented …

The story Pattaya bans airhorns at bars after noise complaints as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Next they will try to stop the girls from moaning to loud. I know they have been used in go go bars, but is it really a problem with normal open front bars? How about using a trumpet?

How about making some of the live entertainment venues turn the volume down, especially after midnight?  All too often now live entertainment seems to consist of some out of tune singer wailing along to karaoke tracks, seemingly convinced that it will sound better if they can just get it a bit louder. 

• Like 1

I am not liking where this is going. Thailand seems to be mimicking a western nanny state where every little complaint is answered by banning something or making new rules

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, socal said:

I am not liking where this is going. Thailand seems to be mimicking a western nanny state where every little complaint is answered by banning something or making new rules

Yeah, these airhorn bars need to make their streets sanctuary soi's and also allow unadulterated noise, homeless encampments, pimps and ladyboy rip-offs to have free reign. Just joking but you would think that they would be able to target the specific places making the noise that actually is a nuisance and put a stop to it if it is indeed an open front bar that the sound just magnifies out. Noise does carry too far here in the warmer environment. 

It's just not fair to have to respect others... all night parties are our right... 10,000 amp speakers keep us from hearing the complaints. 

• 5 months later...

The temple next to my house (Maprachan) is currently blasting music at 11pm on a Sunday, there is so much bass my windows are shaking and my kids are unable to sleep.....

On 3/9/2023 at 7:27 AM, socal said:

Maybe you should consider Somalia.  Sounds like just the sort of paradise you are looking for.

Edited by samiam123