Film & TV Recommendations

Bluesofa

15 minutes ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

My fault for not stipulating the “.to”.

There’s a few different proxies which all look identical but have varying levels of content.

Reviewers quote different levels of success depending on which proxy, which browser and operating system they use. My method ( .to and Safari ) works very well, with a huge level of content and for free I can’t complain 😊

OK, no problem, at least I got there in the end.
Just finished d/l it from there and will watch it later.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

OK, no problem, at least I got there in the end.
Just finished d/l it from there and will watch it later.

That’s interesting, how did you d/l from there ?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

Yes indeed, I would also be quite interested in how you managed to download the content from Fmovies.to

2 hours ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

There's a Firefox Addon called 'Video DownloadHelper'
Took about 3-4 minutes per episode. I started to play, paused it after a second or two, then the Addon can download it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Red Corner (1997) 2hr 2mins

An American on business in China is arrested and put on trial for murder. A female defence lawyer from the country is the only the way to prove his innocence. Starring Richard Gere, Bai Ling.
I thought it was a much better film than I was expecting.

Available on torrent.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Faraday said:

It's worth a look, although at 2 hours long, it's somewhat tedious, at times.

British and tedious? Wow, that is rare!🤣

• Haha 2

I'm enjoying "The Tourist" so far through 2 episodes.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11847842/

A man is pursued by a vast tank truck trying to drive him off the road. He wakes in hospital, hurt, really really really thirsty but somehow alive. However, he has no idea who he is, so he searches for answers propels him through the vast and unforgiving outback of Australia until he finds a can of mountain dew.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/5/2022 at 6:07 AM, GMoney2312 said:

British and tedious? Wow, that is rare!

Yes, as it is an American Director, from an Italians book, with Irish, American, Polish, Greek … and … English actors. This female-centric film had an all-female creative team behind it, That may be where the tedious part comes in. Just not made for us blokes.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Now, don't get excited it's not what you might think. 😁

It's a dark comedy set in a mens' prison.

WoW, from a catholic school in the Derry Girls to a Prison Guard in Screw. Similarities anyone?

• Like 2

Toast of Tinseltown (2022)

Steven Toast leaves the theatres of London to try his hand in LA, will he be the next biggest thing to cross the pond or will he be ridiculed for his highbrow accent and caustic sense of humour ??

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14155746/

Despite the 8.4 imdb rating it gets some bad reviews but mixing British and Americans always brings out the clichéd jokes.

Toast is larger than life and either you love him or hate him !!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

WoW, from a catholic school in the Derry Girls to a Prison Guard in Screw. Similarities anyone?

I watched 15 minutes of Sakrew this afternoon, that was enough. Cheap jokes & clichéd characters.

• Like 1

The Lost Daughter (2021) 2hr 2mins  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9100054/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_9     

Stars Olivia Colman plus others. I really like Olivia Colman and yet I can honestly say it's the worst Olivia Colman film I've ever seen.
I was determined to stick it out, convinced it must surely get better, but gave up after an hour. Absolute drivel. Very disappointed.

To quote an IMBD reviewer:
"Terribly overrated. Flat, strange, meandering, meaningless film. Entitled people who are very dislikeable, complaining about their privileged lives. Olivia Coleman is a selfish older woman and there are many flashbacks of her as a younger selfish woman. This is meant to be a mother "telling her truth" about the ugliness of motherhood. Nothing groundbreaking here. Just a boring story of self-absorbed, mindless people."

• Like 2

I stuck it out to the bitter & meaningless end.

Olivia Colman played her dislikeable part well, & felt no empathy with her character.

The literary people in it, came over as pretentious & added nothing to this frankly rubbish movie.

How it's got so much praise, I have no idea.

• Like 2

The Interrogation of Tony Martin (2018)

1999, Tony Martin lived alone in a remote farmhouse, one night he is confronted with burglars in his house, claiming he was terrified for his life he opened fire with his shotgun killing a 16 year old boy .

Murder or self defence ?

A true story that split the nation .

Steve Pemberton plays Martin with Daniel Mays as the Detective Constable re-enacting ( from police tapes ) the interrogation over 3 days.

Followed by footage of the press reaction to the court verdict and right at the end the real Tony Martin appears and gives his opinion on what happened that night.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9094914/

• Like 4

On 1/7/2022 at 8:54 PM, Faraday said:

How it's got so much praise, I have no idea.

Chick flick maybe? We may not be it’s target audience 😉

• Like 1