News Forum - Russian arrested acting illegally as tour guide

Thaiger

In Thailand, many jobs are earmarked as being only for Thai people. Even if a foreigner or expat had a business visa and a work permit, they are barred from certain fields. But in Phuket this week, a Russian man was arrested working as a tour guide – forbidden for foreigners – without any visas …

The story Russian arrested acting illegally as tour guide as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

What a heinous crime this is! Deport the 29 year old so he can do humanitarian work in Ukraine. 

Foreigner, Thai, illegal, tip off. Yeah we get the message. 

• Like 3

"Some have questioned how these continual back-to-back border runs did not raise any red flags with the Immigration Police at the border crossing in Satun."

I've used several different southern border crossings, and aside from Sadao, I've always seen and experienced situations that made me believe that brown envelopes under the table were quite common.

22 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

I've always seen and experienced situations that made me believe that brown envelopes under the table were quite common.

Armed with that information I think I will invest in the manufacturers of brown envelopes. Looks like demand is still high for these in Thailand. 

• Haha 2

C.S. arrest.. scraping the bottom of the barrel for minor crimes then call in the media for national headline news.

More than likely this "illegal tour guide" didn't have money to pay the instant fine.

I think better headline news to do "pro-active" undercover missions to find Thai police extorting foreigners instead of reactive being caught with their hands in the cookie jar.

• Like 2