News Forum - Thai NGO reports highest number of missing children in 4 years

Thaiger

A Thai NGO reports that the country’s number of missing children last year was the highest it had been in four years. The Mirror Foundation, which works to help families find missing children, reports some disturbing numbers. Last year, 252 children went missing from home in Thailand. This was a 25% increase from 202 children …

The story Thai NGO reports highest number of missing children in 4 years as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Article quote: Last year, 252 children went missing from home in Thailand. This was a 25% increase from 202 children in 2021, the foundation said. Out of the total number of missing children, 157 were 11-15 years old. 67 children were 16-18 years old, and 28 children were under 10 years old, according to the chief of the foundation’s Missing People Information Centre Eakalak Loomchomkhae

Eakalak noted that 61% of children who went missing from home ran away. 21% of children, 52, had mental disabilities and disorders. Two children were kidnapped. 

Among the factors causing children to run away from home, 42% had family problems. 27% of children ran away with someone they knew online, and 26% ran away with someone they were involved in a romantic relationship with.

Sorry, but I am not believing even 50% of the reasons for the kids dissapearing. Years back I once met a Thai person through a really clsoeThai Human rights friend of mine who started and ran an organization trying to stop kidnapping, sales of girls from the family and the trafficking of them. Some of the stories he told me were actually beyond belief. So unless they really know, they should not post factors of % averaging in these cases, and it should be considered unproven.