News Forum - Pattaya Beach is second most popular beach in the world

Thaiger

11 hours ago, socal said:

If it wasn't great by any measure, it wouldn't be the #2 most mentioned beach in the world. Your insistence that it is a sh** hole is a dated and lame trope that doesn't match with reality. 

Its not like there ain't beautiful women and LB Tiktokers descending on the beaches in Rio to spread on the socials either. 

It is popular with some people that has absolutely nothing to do with its cleanliness or its beauty or its water quality. It is the closest real Centre of tourism to Thailand's Capital, which makes it first choice for many and Thai's are not the greatest connoisseurs of beaches, water quality or facilities. We all know why Pattaya is popular with especially Indians and western travelers. Its seating and shade arrangements are dreadful, nothing dated about that and enough said about the water quality, not dated either. Still a sxxx hole and probably always will be, 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I'm just surprised Pattaya gets that many views on Tik Tok, given the age demographic for Tik Tok

I've had a few accounts about Pattaya come across my Tik Tok but it's always nightlife related

Never saw the actual beach posted on Tik Tok once

They had two nights of fireworks,the beach and beach road was solid people.everyone of them had their phone or camera pointed to the pontoons where the fire works were lit, including me.New years eve beach full of families and lots of teenage groups,all holding phones.Thats a lot of hits on social media.

2 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

The mere fact this survey was published by TikTok, a Chinese-controlled entity without universal credibility, should see it sent to the trash can.  

Popularity measured how, from photos?  Because #20 Whitehaven beach in Qld's Whitsunday Islands is without peer in quality as a beach, but hardly anyone can get there except by boat.  It's very remote from any major city.

As for #1, Bondi beach is the best known beach in Australia and visited by locals and tourists alike in their droves.  It's popular due to being accessible.  Same as Pattaya.  Nothing to do with quality of sand or water.

Am I allowed to say you "old" guys aren't getting it???  5555

It has zero to do with beach quality 

It just how many views it got on Tik Tok

As I said above, 99% of the videos if Pattaya on Tik Tok aren't about thr beach

It's the nightlife with a. #Pattyaa hashtag

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

If a certain middle aged fat guy bothered to read my post he would see that was my whole point.  A waste of space to vote popularity of a beach from photos.  It should have been a "photo popularity" poll. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pinetree said:

It is popular with some people that has absolutely nothing to do with its cleanliness or its beauty or its water quality.

It is popular to bash Pattaya beach and it has nothing to do with what ppl know about cleanliness or water quality. All it takes is one google search to see that every beachside city has the same issues as Pattaya does. It is a myth that Pattaya is uniquely a "sh** hole" compared to any other city beaches of the same size. 

Lets just Google the # 1 beach on the list. Bondi beach in Australia where everything is perfect.

https://nz.news.yahoo.com/bondi-beach-swimmers-warned-pollution-water-010642479.html

The water gets dirty sometimes. Swimmers get sick. There's a social media outcry. The city council insists nothing is wrong. Where have we heard this before...

1 hour ago, KaptainRob said:

If a certain middle aged fat guy bothered to read my post he would see that was my whole point.  A waste of space to vote popularity of a beach from photos.  It should have been a "photo popularity" poll. 

The sand and water had to be adequate enough to be used in these photo ops. 

B.S. Just because Pattaya beach has had the 2nd most amount of views doesn't mean it actually is 2nd best.

I have friends live there and say it's rubbish. 

Thousands of better beaches around the world

• Like 1

1 hour ago, socal said:

It is popular to bash Pattaya beach and it has nothing to do with what ppl know about cleanliness or water quality. All it takes is one google search to see that every beachside city has the same issues as Pattaya does. It is a myth that Pattaya is uniquely a "sh** hole" compared to any other city beaches of the same size. 

Lets just Google the # 1 beach on the list. Bondi beach in Australia where everything is perfect.

https://nz.news.yahoo.com/bondi-beach-swimmers-warned-pollution-water-010642479.html

The water gets dirty sometimes. Swimmers get sick. There's a social media outcry. The city council insists nothing is wrong. Where have we heard this before...

So try most Spanish, Portuguese or Italian tourist beaches, try the Bahamas, Barbados, Grand Cayman, Virgin Islands, both US and UK,  Hawaii, Gan, Seychelles, Japan,  I could go on and on.  Even the beaches in the far north of Scotland or the east coast of Ireland, in summer of course , all are far superior in every way to Pattaya. You need to lift your eyes beyond this place and certainly beyond another very over rated and average place like Bondi. 

• Like 2

On 1/6/2023 at 11:36 AM, bushav8r said:

Why is there no mention of all the prostitutes, drug dealers and bars?  They probably attract more people to the beach than the banana boats and jet ski scammers. 

Yes and how thin / narrow the beach strip is … and right next to the congested dirty main beach road … truly is no accounting for taste …..

• Like 2

It is not the best quality beach or beaches down there, but I certainly do enjoy a quick jaunt down there and sitting on the beach nightime and in the day looking out. I sort of try to ignore all the rest of the charades and festivities going on if possible. Probably end of February will take a quick 2-3 day trip there with a vistiting friend. After that wait for my kids Uni break and plan a trip to some islands and beuatiful beaches they have not been to.

3 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

It is not the best quality beach or beaches down there, but I certainly do enjoy a quick jaunt down there and sitting on the beach nightime and in the day looking out. I sort of try to ignore all the rest of the charades and festivities going on if possible. Probably end of February will take a quick 2-3 day trip there with a vistiting friend. After that wait for my kids Uni break and plan a trip to some islands and beuatiful beaches they have not been to.

I agree. It’s a place to go for a piss-up with the lads and eat decent unhealthy English breakfasts for 2 or 3 nights. If I want a nice beach then I’ll head out to one of the more remote islands. They are paradise many of them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

I agree. It’s a place to go for a piss-up with the lads and eat decent unhealthy English breakfasts for 2 or 3 nights. If I want a nice beach then I’ll head out to one of the more remote islands. They are paradise many of them. 

Yep, Pattaya can be a lot of off the hook fun for a few days and it is by the water, so no matter pristine or not it is still nice to visit. I really don’t have much bad to say about Pattaya and the beaches as we know what it is about and it is still A-OK. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

I don't know if you ever been to Koh Samet

Bit of a drive from BKK but great place to go with family

Water is beautiful and a great scene on the main beach at night 

Another good spot for families is Fisherman's Village in Samui 

Walk to ton of restaurants 

Good fire shows on beach 

13 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Yes and how thin / narrow the beach strip is … and right next to the congested dirty main beach road … truly is no accounting for taste …..

You are living up to your name right enough.Just out of curiosity when did you last actually see the beach in pattaya?

Unlike Jomtien or Wongamat or really a lot of beaches out there, Pattaya beach is a perfect natural half circle. This is a very desirable feature for a beach. And is most likely what put Pattaya on the map. But hey it sucks! What a dump! 

(how do you imbed pictures ?) 

https://images2.imgbox.com/36/39/3J3QLDFI_o.jpg

Edited by socal

58 minutes ago, socal said:

Unlike Jomtien or Wongamat or really a lot of beaches out there, Pattaya beach is a perfect natural half circle. This is a very desirable feature for a beach. And is most likely what put Pattaya on the map. But hey it sucks! What a dump! 

(how do you imbed pictures ?) 

https://images2.imgbox.com/36/39/3J3QLDFI_o.jpg

If using a phone then you should see a box “Add Files” as shown in the attached picture. I’m not sure what the desktop version is like but I would imagine something similar?

297E9677-5308-4B13-A0B2-4ACB7918BF38.jpeg

• Like 1

On 1/6/2023 at 6:58 PM, Pinetree said:

HaHaha,  By what measure?  Its one of the worst by almost all measures, facilities,  quality of sand and especially water, availability of high quality shade and seating, I guess that their idea of 'popularity' is not the same as anyone with an IQ over 70 . Who comes up with this palpable nonsense? 

Most popular not best. They go for hookers not sand!

21 hours ago, Marc26 said:

People dont read

11 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I don't know if you ever been to Koh Samet

Bit of a drive from BKK but great place to go with family

Water is beautiful and a great scene on the main beach at night 

Another good spot for families is Fisherman's Village in Samui 

Walk to ton of restaurants 

Good fire shows on beach 

Koh Samet probably guessing probably near 28 or so years ago when it was really nice and Thailand was still the Wild Wild East. I just sent my wife there 2 months ago for a holiday with one of her female staff. She said it was very nice but she also took 2 young girls daughter of her 2 sisters  who live in Bangkok being one 4 and the other 5 years old with her. She said it was a little too quiet with activity as had the kids so then she went over to inbetween Jomtien and Pattaya where there are more little kid activities. If no kids she said she probably would have relaxed more and had a drink at the beach bar, but the girls are a hand full. They were jsut at my house for 3 weeks for Christmas and New Years and I can contest to needing a leash on them.

Yes been to Fisherman's Village years and years and years ago when Samui was still a quaint far out  cool place. My next this years trip with my kids will probably have Samui on one of the stops if not the first or last stop. Fire shows not so interested in as is sort of a gimmic here that hold no weight, but anyway on Koh Phi Phi last June was the last one I saw. Actaully last 2 as there were 2 bars competing for customers.

For far out Fire Shows then if I ever go back to Hawaii (which is in the plans for one last time to show my kids), then I will defintely check in and see one of the truly bad arse cool ones as they are based on real polynesian folklore handed down the generations. And then you aslo get the Hawaiian born Hula show as well which is real cool. Commercial yes, but cool absolutely an experience to see from professionals.

• Like 1