News Forum - Taxi driver arrested for beating a motorcycle rider with baseball bat

Thaiger

Police arrested a taxi driver in the Isaan province of Khon Kaen after he beat a motorcycle rider with a baseball bat and fled the scene. The victim was hit by another car as he lay on the road in the central province of Pathum Thani and remains in hospital. The taxi driver claimed he attacked the victim in self-defence. The local news Facebook page, Let Me Know If You Wanna Be Famous, Return Ver. 5.2 (อยากดังเดี๋ยวจัดให้รีเทิร์น 5.2), posted news of the assault last Sunday, New Year’s Day after receiving a witness account. The page posted a picture of the […]

The story Taxi driver arrested for beating a motorcycle rider with baseball bat as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Where is the safety of any passenger who is going to travel in his car when he carry a baseball bat for no reasons. How sure is that he will not attack the passenger if there is any misunderstanding. Carrying any thing that could pose a danger to the passenger itself is illegal in public vehicles or vehicles that server the public for a fare. It is really interesting to note that only after committing a crime many people will think about visiting relatives or parents or going for prayers in the temple, a common excuse that always surface in the news story....

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Where is the safety of any passenger who is going to travel in his car when he carry a baseball bat for no reasons.

I’m afraid it’s almost standard issue. Failing that, a 12 inch blade or even a gun is standard issue.

I was driving in Phuket once and a taxi driver was almost in the boot (trunk!) of my car. I dabbed the breaks lightly to let him know he was too close for safety. Naturally he took this as a declaration of war. He eventually cut up the inside of me and brandished a long blade out of the window. He didn’t know I was a foreigner and so was happy to kill anyone, Thai or foreigner. 

Land of Smiles! 

• Like 2

I have a long scar on the back of my head (11 stitches) result of an argument with a taxi driver who refused to take me home because the traffic was so heavy?! I refused to pay and we got in an argument which turned up another taxi driver which turned up a third it was him who slashed mr with a knife as I turned away but it could have been a machete I didn’t see the weapon he was a hero to the other two taxi drivers !?!!?!

• Angry 1