News Forum - Small but mighty group of Afghan women take to the streets over university ban

Thaiger

A small but mighty group of Afghan women took to the streets to protest against the Taliban’s ban on university education for women. The latest move to restrict human rights for women in the country saw the Taliban’s minister for higher education ordering all private and public universities to bar women from enrolling and attending. According to the Straits Times, footage obtained by the AFP showed around 24 protesters, donning hijabs, chanting in a Kabul neighbourhood. “They expelled women from universities. Oh, the respected people, support, support. Rights for everyone or no one!” One protester, who spoke on condition of […]

The story Small but mighty group of Afghan women take to the streets over university ban as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Afghan woman have more brain and beauty than their male counterparts. That is the main issue. They are worried like the corn field owner along the highway. 

Brave people indeed. I feel ashamed the way the US and the U.K. pulled out of Afghanistan. Not as ashamed as the Afghan leaders and Afghan army should feel however. Seems the leaders ran for the helicopters as quickly as they could. 

The world needs to leave Afghanistan alone. It may take another 100+ years for the Afghan people to really rise up and revolt against the Taliban, but its only if and when that happens that real lasting change will take root. An invading foreign army will never change things long term in a country. Any country who held an empire should know that. As soon as you leave, the country returns to type. Look at India and the British. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Soidog said:

feel ashamed the way the US and the U.K. pulled out of Afghanistan.

Don't lay any blame on the UK.  Once the US declared they were pulling out the UK and other Nations troops and support staff had no option but to follow.  Without US military cover and logistic support, it was a dead duck.  The failure sits squarely at the door of that senile idiot POTUS. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Pinetree said:

Don't lay any blame on the UK.  Once the US declared they were pulling out the UK and other Nations troops and support staff had no option but to follow.  Without US military cover and logistic support, it was a dead duck.  The failure sits squarely at the door of that senile idiot POTUS. 

I agree that there was no choice on the part of the U.K.  However, the day was always coming and we should have been better prepared. 

I also agree about the senile idiot bit of your post 😂

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

I agree that there was no choice on the part of the U.K.  However, the day was always coming and we should have been better prepared. 

I also agree about the senile idiot bit of your post 😂

It's a desperately sad disgrace that it came to this, lives and treasure lost, so many injuries to brave military personnel, all for absolutely nothing, just like in Vietnam. I maintained at the time of the Afghanistan innovation that they should have bombed the crap out of the place, targeting the known terrorist training camps and Taliban strongholds ,  but never put feet on the ground, bar Special Forces, but then again, what do I know.  It always appeared that it was going to end in tears, just as the history of that sorry crap hole tells us. Nation building; giver me a break.  That is never the job of the Military.  

17 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Nation building; giver me a break.  That is never the job of the Military.  

I couldn’t agree more. I’ve said many times that only the local citizens can bring about lasting change. Just as local citizens have to be held responsible for what takes place in their country.  

• Like 1

The United States and it’s allies should have taken heed of those that had gone before them; once again hubris ruled the day. ‘Afghanistan the graveyard of empires’. James Stavridis.