US Embassy help line

I will say, the people that answer the phone at the US embassy for non-immigrant visas to the US are fantastic.

They really know their stuff, answer pretty quickly

We are doing my wife's new visa after her 10 year expired but added my stepson, but he has never been to the US

So my wife doesn't need an interview but he does, so they then had to separate the applications 

And then there was issues with it then recognizing his payment on his solo application that we already paid

They have understood the issues and resolved them the 3x I have called

A real pleasure to deal with people that are very competent

So if you need anything, don't hesitate to call them

Very impressed

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
28 minutes ago, Rob1 said:

Please post the phone number here!

Thank you.

From inside Thailand: 02-205-4000. From outside Thailand: +66-2-205-4000

You are looking for the Visa help #

So follow the prompts or hit the # to speak to someone

And they really are good

Every single time I've called 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

By the way, soured on US Embassy in BKK a bit

1st they told my wife she didn't need an interview for her 2nd visa, they gave her a interview waiver

And requested she send passports, then to only send her passports back and tell her she needs an interview

By that time, it was too late and she was heading back to Vancouver

They denied my stepson a US Visa even though he's in the final year of university at Thammasat and I provided enough info to show we don't live in the US and have no intention to..............

US Embassy in BKK is apparently notorious for denying visas

My friend's gf just got denied and she owns her own legit business

On 8/22/2023 at 8:28 PM, Marc26 said:

By the way, soured on US Embassy in BKK a bit

1st they told my wife she didn't need an interview for her 2nd visa, they gave her a interview waiver

And requested she send passports, then to only send her passports back and tell her she needs an interview

By that time, it was too late and she was heading back to Vancouver

They denied my stepson a US Visa even though he's in the final year of university at Thammasat and I provided enough info to show we don't live in the US and have no intention to..............

US Embassy in BKK is apparently notorious for denying visas

My friend's gf just got denied and she owns her own legit business

Yes they are very hard now in the BKK Embassy and not really sure why. You would think it is easier to just walk across the US Mexican border than go the legal way. I know a couple of Thai with rather big backing who were denied a few years back. The CM Consulate has been nothing but a joy for me and the family and I can say I love that place. Gave my wife a 10 year visa no problem and were very nice in her interview, but then again we have things here and they could tell she and me don't have any incline to live there. I think she is totally done with the US, that is unless one of my brothers passes away, then she will go.

For your wife that is messed up, but what can you do. Have to follow what they say even if they change the requirement.

24 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yes they are very hard now in the BKK Embassy and not really sure why. You would think it is easier to just walk across the US Mexican border than go the legal way. I know a couple of Thai with rather big backing who were denied a few years back. The CM Consulate has been nothing but a joy for me and the family and I can say I love that place. Gave my wife a 10 year visa no problem and were very nice in her interview, but then again we have things here and they could tell she and me don't have any incline to live there. I think she is totally done with the US, that is unless one of my brothers passes away, then she will go.

For your wife that is messed up, but what can you do. Have to follow what they say even if they change the requirement.

A lot of people believe it is just jealousy out of the BKK embassy

They don't want these Thais doing something more than they are able to

My wife got her 10yr visa in Vancouver and we already had next month's interview booked

We just thought might as well try and get it earlier in BKK

So no big deal

I'm more pissed about my stepson's rejection

He's an honor student at one of Thailand's best universities 

With 1 year left so no reason to stay in US

His Mom has documents showing she's lived in Canada for over 10 years

She's been to the US 40 odd times in 10 years never overstaying once

They want to show proof he wouldn't stay in US

That's proof enough, IMO

Her last interview in Vancouver the interviewer seemed to be a bit of a Thailand fan and wanted to speak Thai with my wife but she said his Thai was awful so she had to politely ask him to speak English.  😀

2 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

A lot of people believe it is just jealousy out of the BKK embassy

They don't want these Thais doing something more than they are able to

My wife got her 10yr visa in Vancouver and we already had next month's interview booked

We just thought might as well try and get it earlier in BKK

So no big deal

I'm more pissed about my stepson's rejection

He's an honor student at one of Thailand's best universities 

With 1 year left so no reason to stay in US

His Mom has documents showing she's lived in Canada for over 10 years

She's been to the US 40 odd times in 10 years never overstaying once

They want to show proof he wouldn't stay in US

That's proof enough, IMO

Her last interview in Vancouver the interviewer seemed to be a bit of a Thailand fan and wanted to speak Thai with my wife but she said his Thai was awful so she had to politely ask him to speak English.  😀

Maybe when he graduates have him do work and travel in the USA. Then he can hopefully prove by that way that he is not a risk to dissapear as he will be there for 3 months or so. My step daughter did it and had  blast. worked on Maui then went to SF area and stayed with my dad for a week. If your stepson does this, then you will also have to give him a copy of your passport showing you are his dad. That might make it easier in the end too. But who knows, he already has a denied on his record if that even matters at all.

But what is stupid is that even our wives after the long time we have been married to them cannot become citizens really easy. Have to go through the 5 year stay in country there deal. My wife would never even concider this. But then again as foreign males we are essentially blocked here and we don't even have the 5 year option of getting past to even getting a PR, but then the foreign female who married a Thai guy basically has an easy path to get Thai citizenship. Twisted.

6 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Maybe when he graduates have him do work and travel in the USA. Then he can hopefully prove by that way that he is not a risk to dissapear as he will be there for 3 months or so. My step daughter did it and had  blast. worked on Maui then went to SF area and stayed with my dad for a week. If your stepson does this, then you will also have to give him a copy of your passport showing you are his dad. That might make it easier in the end too. But who knows, he already has a denied on his record if that even matters at all.

But what is stupid is that even our wives after the long time we have been married to them cannot become citizens really easy. Have to go through the 5 year stay in country there deal. My wife would never even concider this. But then again as foreign males we are essentially blocked here and we don't even have the 5 year option of getting past to even getting a PR, but then the foreign female who married a Thai guy basically has an easy path to get Thai citizenship. Twisted.

My stepson has gotten a scholarship for his Masters at Chulalongkorn so his anticipated move to Canada may be out on hold

He will still likely get Permanent Residence in Canada soon and will come for his summer breaks so that he starts acrruing time in Canada for his citizenship(plus work and make good $$$ for 2 months)

Once he is PR of Canada, we will apply for his US Visa again and that should do the trick, hopefully