Cribbage Rules in Thai

BainaiThai

I have taught my Thai wife to play gin rummy which involves the concepts of suited runs of three or more and groups of 3 or more  un suited common cards. She loves the game and there are days when she drubs me so thoroughly, I regret teaching her.

I would like to teach her cribbage, but the rules are much more complex...anyone know of a 'how to play cribbage' in Thai?

38 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

Don't forget to be mindful of the Playing Cards Act BE 2486 (1943)

I would hate to read of your 3 year imprisonment for possessing more than 120 cards.

http://thailawforum.com/laws/Playing cards.pdf

isn't there 52 cards in a standard pack, or 54 with jokers?  If so, why is the limit 120  doesn't make any sense?  

20 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

isn't there 52 cards in a standard pack, or 54 with jokers?  If so, why is the limit 120  doesn't make any sense?  

Does anything ever make sense in Thailand, the playing card act was passed in 1943, and to own just 1 deck of cards you need permission from a General. 

Strangely though Thailand has its own playing card factory which produces 400,000 packs a month. 🥴

The Playing Cards Act is a law in Thailand that prohibits individuals from owning more than 120 playing cards that have not been registered by the Excise Department.[1] The current law was passed in 1943, superseding previous acts. The Playing Cards Acts are part of Thailand's strict anti-gambling laws dating back to 1935.[2] To ensure legal possession of playing cards, under Section 12 of the law, a competent official has the power to enter anywhere between sunrise and sunset to conduct a search.[3]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playing_Cards_Act#:~:text=The Playing Cards Act is,in 1943%2C superseding previous acts.

You might think about packing a deck of cards for the flight or while you’re in Thailand, but according to The Playing Cards Act, 1943 ‘No person shall possess more than 120 playing cards’. Well, that’s fine, because a deck of cards has 52, right? Well yes, but you still need authorisation from a general to possess a deck of cards. Your fine could be four times the cost of the cards. Best to leave them at home, ay?

https://tropicalwarehouse.co.uk/blog/2021/09/infographic-10-whacky-thailand-laws/

2 hours ago, Pinetree said:

You are in Thailand ?

You ask that question?  😀

• Haha 1