News Forum - Lucky escape for children after pickup crashes into school bus, driver dies

Thaiger

Several school children and their bus driver escaped relatively unscathed after a pickup vehicle crashed into their school bus this morning. The pickup driver was killed in the collision in the Bang Khan district in southern Thailand. The two vehicles collided in front of Ban Lam Nao post office in tambon Ban Lam Nao. Police Captain Bunlue Mian-o, the deputy investigation chief at Bang Khan, revealed the incident occurred at 7.30am today. Emergency services dashed to the scene and discovered a yellow bus on its way to Kanchanasuksa Pattanakarn School in Nakhon Si Thammarat. The bus suffered serious damage to […]

The story Lucky escape for children after pickup crashes into school bus, driver dies as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Utter carnage on a daily basis. Never mind, let’s worry about the 10 deaths from Covid complications each day rather than the 60 from complications of brainless and selfish Thai drivers. 

2 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Utter carnage on a daily basis. Never mind, let’s worry about the 10 deaths from Covid complications each day rather than the 60 from complications of brainless and selfish Thai drivers. 

Do you think drivers in our countries would behave any differently if we had no police patrols on the streets and highways?

I think it would be the exact same, or worse

But I don't see why Thailand doesn't have proper police patrols

2 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Do you think drivers in our countries would behave any differently if we had no police patrols on the streets and highways?

I think it would be the exact same, or worse

But I don't see why Thailand doesn't have proper police patrols

I think you have answered your own question Marc. What ever the reasons a particular society behaves with such selfish and reckless behaviours is irrelevant. The point is, they do. And they (the Thai people that is) need to fix it and stop it. No excuses or whatifery required. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Soidog said:

I think you have answered your own question Marc. What ever the reasons a particular society behaves with such selfish and reckless behaviours is irrelevant. The point is, they do. And they (the Thai people that is) need to fix it and stop it. No excuses or whatifery required. 

By the way

I wouldn't say it's anywhere close to dangerous as Thailand 

But I was just back home in Boston for 10 days and they are the biggest jerks as drivers I have ever seen, way worse than Thais

I'm not joking when I say I would say 10 things on a daily basis that I may see once per month here in Vancouver 

Just the biggest jerks you can ever imagine 

If these children had been killed not long after the shocking events last months then this ridiculous country would have been at his lowest ebb. Id leave tomorrow if my situation was different. 

4 hours ago, Marc26 said:

By the way

But I was just back home in Boston for 10 days and they are the biggest jerks as drivers I have ever seen, way worse than Thais

I'm not joking when I say I would say 10 things on a daily basis that I may see once per month here in Vancouver 

I think you are due another trip to Thailand if you think Boston drivers are worse Marc. Not that I’ve ever been to Boston but I think it would make headline news on just about every American media outlet if they were half as bad 😂😂

6 hours ago, Soidog said:

I think you are due another trip to Thailand if you think Boston drivers are worse Marc. Not that I’ve ever been to Boston but I think it would make headline news on just about every American media outlet if they were half as bad 😂😂

I drove all over Thailand in May/June

Bangkok, all over Phuket/Krabi and Chiang Mai

I do think of Thais as fairly selfish drivers

I think Boston is 100x worse..........

2 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Come on Marc, that’s impossible. How many cars, bikes and trucks did you see dove up the wrong side of the road? How many bikes trucks and cars did you see without their lights working?  How many car bikes and trucks did you see that would have failed a vehicle check? How many cars bikes and trucks ignored a red light? How many tricks did you see carrying people in the flatbed? How many people did you see turning right without even looking left? 

I know you like to balance the debate and look for the good in Thais, but to say Boston driving is 100 times worse than Thais is being silly 😂😂

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Come on Marc, that’s impossible. How many cars, bikes and trucks did you see dove up the wrong side of the road? How many bikes trucks and cars did you see without their lights working?  How many car bikes and trucks did you see that would have failed a vehicle check? How many cars bikes and trucks ignored a red light? How many tricks did you see carrying people in the flatbed? How many people did you see turning right without even looking left? 

I know you like to balance the debate and look for the good in Thais, but to say Boston driving is 100 times worse than Thais is being silly 😂😂

https://whdh.com/news/mass-drivers-rank-among-worst-in-america-while-granite-staters-are-the-best-study-says/

3 hours ago, Marc26 said:

if only selfishness was the number 1 issue.

so many vehicles are operated by people who don't even know how to drive yet.. just last night I saw a car struggling to park on the side of a 6 lane road, going forward and reverse and making no progress, they finally gave up after 5 minutes with the car firmly encroaching on the 2nd lane, but parallel to the 'sidewalk', don't want to screw that up now. Oh there were no other cars parked btw.

I can never drive 5 minutes without thinking "what the ** is this guy/lady doing", the whole of it is just completely erratic.

but maybe you just went on the luckiest run ever on Thai roads who knows.

If I'm honest though I'd rather this mayhem than police enforcing stupid rules everywhere.

Edited by Wackamole
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wackamole said:

if only selfishness was the number 1 issue.

so many vehicles are operated by people who don't even know how to drive yet.. just last night I saw a car struggling to park on the side of a 6 lane road, going forward and reverse and making no progress, they finally gave up after 5 minutes with the car firmly encroaching on the 2nd lane, but parallel to the 'sidewalk', don't want to screw that up now. Oh there were no other cars parked btw.

I can never drive 5 minutes without thinking "what the ** is this guy/lady doing", the whole of it is just completely erratic.

but maybe you just went on the luckiest run ever on Thai roads who knows.

If I'm honest though I'd rather this mayhem than police enforcing stupid rules everywhere.

I've been driving in Thailand for 15+ years

But I don't find many particular places that bad. I've driven all over SEA, Latin America in places that forums warn are very dangerous

I am a defensive driver..........so always keep my wits about me

I just find myself much more frustrated and shocked driving in Boston than I do in Thailand

Maybe because I expect some weirdness

19 hours ago, Marc26 said:

By the way

Try to move away from comparative excuse analysis... it does not solve anything.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Marc26 said:

That’s a link to worse drivers in America. Even the best country in the world has the very best and worst 

Ultimately it’s how many people are killed or injured that defines how good or bad they are  I think you know where Thailand ranks in the measure