News Forum - Young Chon Buri man loses leg in car crash

Thaiger

A young Chon Buri man has tragically lost one of his legs in a car crash on Tuesday night. The man, 24 year old Atthaphon Simsuwan, reportedly crashed his motorbike into a pickup truck.  Rescuers arrived on the scene in Bang Lamung district to find Atthaphon in terrible pain. They rushed him to a nearby hospital. Meanwhile the pickup truck driver, 30 year old Worapong Soiraya, waited to give his statement to the police. Worapong said he was driving on a dimly lit road and was about to exit a small alley when the victim suddenly crashed into him at […]

The story Young Chon Buri man loses leg in car crash as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

4 minutes ago, Soidog said:

How is this news? What about the other 60+ people who lost their life yesterday and the other couple of hundred who have been left disabled? 

Chiang mai accident a few weeks back saw a head on between car and bike with deceased rider minus one leg found many metres away.  Now that WAS tragic. 

The car was also totalled.  Impact speed at circa 160 kmph.  One of the worst accidents I've seen.

23 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

Chiang mai accident a few weeks back saw a head on between car and bike with deceased rider minus one leg found many metres away.  Now that WAS tragic. 

The car was also totalled.  Impact speed at circa 160 kmph.  One of the worst accidents I've seen.

It’s total carnage each and every day. It’s been the topic of debate many times and nothing changes. I think the frustrating aspect about it for me is that it’s not difficult to fix. Humans know how to build safe roads. We know how to drive safely.

The one thing I don’t understand and no Thai has ever answered the question adequately, is why even the nicest and calmest of people gets in to a car a drives like a brainless selfish A-hole? Some say it’s lack of education. Others say they’ve never been taught  to drive and have no license, while others even blame the fatalistic view of Buddhists. I don’t buy any of those excuses. I think the real reason is much more sinister. 

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

How is this news? What about the other 60+ people who lost their life yesterday and the other couple of hundred who have been left disabled? 

Perhaps easy news filler like throwing a dart and seeing which topic it lands on. By the look of the truck that was not a bumbp and easy to see the leg being unrepairable. My bet would be the driver pulled too far out and clipped the bike. This and Thai drivers is one of my pet peeves for how they drive. Not almost a day goes by that a car or trcxuk or bike does this to me while on the road.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Some say it’s lack of education. Others say they’ve never been taught  to drive and have no license, while others even blame the fatalistic view of Buddhists. I don’t buy any of those excuses. I think the real reason is much more sinister. 

A death wish?  Not sure what you elude to by sinister but it's all of the above, not the roads.

My guess is something in the order or 75% of all motorbike rider deaths and severe injury, occurs between 5pm and 5am and involves speed, impairment by drugs or alcohol, tiredness, and plain stupidity, ie no helmet, riding wrong way, no lights etc.

Unless mobile enforcement and heavy fines or vehicle confiscation are introduced, nothing will change.  Driver training and licensing is joke and needs a complete overhaul.  I can't see any changes in the near future.

In the last 2 weeks I've seen just as many stupid car and truck drivers on NZ and Aus roads but the difference is virtually NO motorbikes and a noticeable mobile police presence.  

• Like 1

Nothing will change as long as there is the culture of apologizing and accepting money for not taking legal action. Yes have to apologies and have to compensate. But those who are at fault has to be punished according the law.....that part is missing in many cases

• Like 1