News Forum - How can Thailand win its war on drugs?

Thaiger

12 hours ago, Faz said:

That's a brazen and contradictory statement coming from you.
Practice what you preach.

How?  When have i ever told someone how to live?  A single post of me suggesting how someone should live their lives.   

7 hours ago, longwood50 said:

Now I am not sure I understand you comment that it participates in the drug trade unless you are referring to the fact it has an open border policy.  That certainly facilitates both drugs, drug smugglers and personnel inside the USA to distribute. 

I think in many cases it is like the dematologist who doesn't want his patient to be either cured or die.  The drug enforcement agencies really don't want to eradicate drug trade they want to manage it.  That way it is job security in perpetuity. 

no, i mean the US governments (CIA specifically) direct involvement with the cocaine/ heroin trade 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1556524838/ref=nosim/?tag=tomdispatch-20

https://original.antiwar.com/alfred_mccoy/2019/04/09/americas-self-inflicted-wound/

13 hours ago, Soidog said:

So how does society ever function in a law abiding way. What happens if some of that 49% want to open up brothels where you can have sex with a 10 year old girl? Where exactly does the free spirit world you think can exist draw the line? What system of control and governance do you propose where laws are made and society has boundaries. How is that decided in your model? 

you're right, its much better the have state sanction murder and allow people in costumes to lock people in cages while hiding behind "qualified immunity" for the crimes they commit according to their own "rules".  under the current system there are no brothels with underaged kids being sexually assaulted and no murder, no crime and everything works great.   Epstein island was a myth i guess because we had government oversight so there is no way it could have happened.

Under a free society there would be issues but you compare it to utopia and say if falls short but then compare our current system with complete chaos so it looks good.  How about using the same measuring stick for both?

30 minutes ago, MrNovax said:

you're right, its much better the have state sanction murder and allow people in costumes to lock people in cages while hiding behind "qualified immunity" for the crimes they commit according to their own "rules".  under the current system there are no brothels with underaged kids being sexually assaulted and no murder, no crime and everything works great.   Epstein island was a myth i guess because we had government oversight so there is no way it could have happened.

Under a free society there would be issues but you compare it to utopia and say if falls short but then compare our current system with complete chaos so it looks good.  How about using the same measuring stick for both?

Good attempt to spin the question, but you still didn’t answer the question. While the current system is far from perfect, it’s the best available. What you propose is a basic free for all and anything goes. You have totally failed to explain how such a free for all would function. Democracy may not be perfect. It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time …

You haven’t said how your system would operate and so it’s hard to say how it would compare. I’m sure however it would be another failed system. Perhaps you could provide more detail? 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Good attempt to spin the question, but you still didn’t answer the question. While the current system is far from perfect, it’s the best available. What you propose is a basic free for all and anything goes. You have totally failed to explain how such a free for all would function. Democracy may not be perfect. It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time …

You haven’t said how your system would operate and so it’s hard to say how it would compare. I’m sure however it would be another failed system. Perhaps you could provide more detail? 

No, i advocate for the elimination of "public property" and allow the private owners to over see their land as they see fit.  If a private property owner wants to allow a bunch of junkies on his land to shoot up they would be free to do so (i would suspect the majority wouldn't).  Private land owners would care for an maintain their land much better than "elected representatives" who's only aim is to be re-selected. 

People could then choose which areas they feel comfortable in and those with the more attractive areas would be financially rewarded for keeping their areas as such.  People would also voluntarily act in a way which would allow them to be invited into such spaces.  

We dont need costumed thugs to have a peaceful society, we need individual responsibility.  

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, MrNovax said:

No, i advocate for the elimination of "public property" and allow the private owners to over see their land as they see fit.  If a private property owner wants to allow a bunch of junkies on his land to shoot up they would be free to do so (i would suspect the majority wouldn't).  Private land owners would care for an maintain their land much better than "elected representatives" who's only aim is to be re-selected. 

People could then choose which areas they feel comfortable in and those with the more attractive areas would be financially rewarded for keeping their areas as such.  People would also voluntarily act in a way which would allow them to be invited into such spaces.  

We dont need costumed thugs to have a peaceful society, we need individual responsibility.  

But as I pointed out, those people never just stay on "private property"

They will go out into public and commit crimes against non-druggies

• Like 2

17 hours ago, MrNovax said:

So what happens when these bunch of junkies leave the private land and go in to public places? Do you then expect the rest of society to clean up any mess they cause?

Your views and opinions are so off the scale of sense and reason that it is pointless trying to hold a sensible debate with you. I guess I should have guessed where you sit on the spectrum by your name. It bothers me that people with such off the scale opinions such as yours  can function in this world. Fortunately, the rest of humanity provides a safe place for you to operate and most people will dismiss your views and move on. I’m moving on ….

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, MrNovax said:

No, i advocate for the elimination of "public property"

Sounds good! So, no roads, no buses, not trains. Pretty sure you haven't thought this one through.

20 hours ago, MrNovax said:

We dont need costumed thugs to have a peaceful society

By "costumed thugs", I presume you are referring to the police - the upholders of the law. I have no idea where you live, but I trust you have your name, phone number(s) and property details registered with them as a 'do not attend' entry if you think we don't need them. Personally, I am very happy to have them watch my back.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, MrNovax said:

How?  When have i ever told someone how to live?  A single post of me suggesting how someone should live their lives.   

Nothing suggestive in the username, then, eh!

• Like 1

Did you hit someone with a hammer recently? 

All this conspiracy theory, extreme right wing ideology and utter non sequiturs makes me think you might have.

How is Alex Jones by the way? Do you still watch him?

• Haha 1

No, i advocate for the elimination of "public property" and allow the private owners to over see their land as they see fit.  If a private property owner wants to allow a bunch of junkies on his land to shoot up they would be free to do so (i would suspect the majority wouldn't).

So if a private land owner decided to engage in under age sex that would be OK too?

Or would you call the police?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Viggen840 said:

Sounds good! So, no roads, no buses, not trains. Pretty sure you haven't thought this one through.

By "costumed thugs", I presume you are referring to the police - the upholders of the law. I have no idea where you live, but I trust you have your name, phone number(s) and property details registered with them as a 'do not attend' entry if you think we don't need them. Personally, I am very happy to have them watch my back.

You focused on tha "costumed thugs" and disregarded his valid point about qualified immunity 

It's a corrupt and abused policy that police and their Unions hide behind to do things criminally that they should be charged with 

• Like 2

On 10/28/2022 at 1:59 PM, Marc26 said:

But as I pointed out, those people never just stay on "private property"

They will go out into public and commit crimes against non-druggies

also @Soidog"So what happens when these bunch of junkies leave the private land and go in to public places? Do you then expect the rest of society to clean up any mess they cause?"

Yes, which is my point of eliminating public property.  Privatize every square inch of land

Edited by MrNovax

On 10/29/2022 at 10:17 AM, Faz said:

Nothing suggestive in the username, then, eh!

No, its my personal choice.  Now, if my name was "you shouldnt vax" then you would have a point.  

On 10/29/2022 at 9:16 AM, Viggen840 said:

On 10/28/2022 at 12:59 PM, MrNovax said:

Private entities already do all these things where they are allowed.  By your argument, since the government doesnt make cloths or food we are all naked and starving. 

On 10/29/2022 at 9:16 AM, Viggen840 said:

Yes, you got me correct here.  I trust private security 1000x more than the police.  Private security actually has accountability.  Im much more comfortable approaching the security in my Moo Baan than the BIB.  

On 10/29/2022 at 11:00 AM, Rookiescot said:

So if a private land owner decided to engage in under age sex that would be OK too?

Or would you call the police?

ill ignore your slanderous comment which was completely irrelevant to the topic and post on this one. 

We currently have "police" which are run by governments all over the world.  Are you claiming there is no under age sex trafficking happening currently?   Would you rate their work a success as it currently stands?

1 hour ago, MrNovax said:

also @Soidog"So what happens when these bunch of junkies leave the private land and go in to public places? Do you then expect the rest of society to clean up any mess they cause?"

Yes, which is my point of eliminating public property.  Privatize every square inch of land

Privatise every square inch of land. Who to? How do you then coordinate land and infrastructure development? 

• Like 1

ill ignore your slanderous comment which was completely irrelevant to the topic and post on this one. 

I think it’s called liable. It’s only slander when spoken. And if what @Rookiescot said is true, then it’s not liable. Just saying…

• Like 2

No, its my personal choice.  Now, if my name was "you shouldnt vax" then you would have a point.  

Yep and let others make their own personal choices too, or do you think they're incapable of doing so.

• Like 2

We currently have "police" which are run by governments all over the world.  Are you claiming there is no under age sex trafficking happening currently?   Would you rate their work a success as it currently stands?

Nothing slanderous in my post at all.

I asked a genuine question. You believe that anyone should be able to do whatever they want on their private land. I asked if someone was engaging in underage sex on their land what would you do about it?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Faz said:

Yep and let others make their own personal choices too, or do you think they're incapable of doing so.

Again, when have i advocated for anyone not to have personal choice?  I believe you should be able to inject your body with whatever substance you'd like including but not limited to vaccines, drugs, medication etc....

On 10/29/2022 at 10:46 AM, Rookiescot said:

Did you hit someone with a hammer recently? 

All this conspiracy theory, extreme right wing ideology and utter non sequiturs makes me think you might have.

How is Alex Jones by the way? Do you still watch him?

You dont consider this slanderous?  Oddly enough, the person you are referring to is a lefty (hammer man) but trying to equate me to someone off their meds is a bit rich.  

Nothing i have stated, in this thread at least, has been a "conspiracy" or a "theory" let alone both.  I understand you have no actual argument so are grasping at straws, i'd appreciate you not resulting these types of hit pieces.  

4 hours ago, Soidog said:

Privatise every square inch of land. Who to? How do you then coordinate land and infrastructure development? 

who coordinates the internet infrastructure?  who coordinates the food infrastructure?  

why does a central planner need to "coordinate" these things?  the market will provide a solution.  

3 hours ago, MrNovax said:

who coordinates the internet infrastructure?  who coordinates the food infrastructure?  

why does a central planner need to "coordinate" these things?  the market will provide a solution.  

Government and inter-government regulators govern internet development and infrastructure. The same is true for agricultural policies. 

You need central planning laws in order to develop frameworks and rules to drive a coordinated development. Market forces alone will not do that. If it was left to market forces many things such as the U.K. NHS for example would never have happened. 
Im an advocate of light touch central government, but I would never want my world totally in the hands of market forces who are largely driven by profit and cost/benefit.