News Forum - Angry American man smashes up a Thai man’s car

Thaiger

An American man was arrested yesterday after smashing up a Thai man’s car and threatening his family in the southern province of Nakhon Si Thammarat. The Thai man, Sunthorn, notified officers from Kanom Police Station that an American man, 45 year old Andigo, threatened his mother and daughter and threw rocks at his pickup truck. The video of the incident is circulating on Thai social media. The first video shows the moment when the angry foreign man assaulted the pickup with rocks. The man shouted at the woman recording his act of hooliganism, “Shut up! Back off lady!” He then […]

The story Angry American man smashes up a Thai man’s car as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

Thailand is the only country where foreigners are treated as elites whatever way they behave. This guy would have had his lessons if he had done this in some other country. It is time that Thailand stop patronizing such people and just start kicking their butts and make them feel the pain. No more such thing as apology and golden handshake and walking squat free. 

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

smashed the car because he believed it had been following him for two or three days.

Paranoia due alcohol, maybe he can blame someone spiked his rice wiskey😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Thailand is the only country where foreigners are treated as elites whatever way they behave. This guy would have had his lessons if he had done this in some other country. It is time that Thailand stop patronizing such people and just start kicking their butts and make them feel the pain. No more such thing as apology and golden handshake and walking squat free. 

that is absolutely not a true, quite opposite compared to other countries.

And I am not sure how you can predict what will be the decision. They will surely throw him out…

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, francoa said:

that is absolutely not a true, quite opposite compared to other countries.

And I am not sure how you can predict what will be the decision. They will surely throw him out…

Absolutely. I know a few people who did doddgy stuff in Thailand, one ended up in Jail for 4 years, 2 did not go to jail cause they paid but all of them ended up having the same faith at the end: they got thrown out.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Paranoia due alcohol, maybe he can blame someone spiked his rice wiskey😂

But I think they were following him. The American wasn't paranoid at all.   Sunthorn alleges that the foreigner had been drunk for 2 or 3 days, and that he was angry all the time and was also aware of previous vandalism.  Sunthorn wasn't just a casual observer.   He was actively stalking the drunken fool.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Treated as elites obviously you're not a foreigner living in Thailand...

• Like 5

This type of behavior goes on all over Thailand, and is common. If you are a Thai, drunk and disorderly, never makes the paper, TV, or internet. Get a Farang in the picture, not a Chinese or Korean tourist BTW, and its front page news. Obviously popular with the Thai public, or, maybe it is 'the powers that be' that like pushing it. 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Mudshark said:

This type of behavior goes on all over Thailand, and is common. If you are a Thai, drunk and disorderly, never makes the paper, TV, or internet. Get a Farang in the picture, not a Chinese or Korean tourist BTW, and its front page news. Obviously popular with the Thai public, or, maybe it is 'the powers that be' that like pushing it. 

So what?

If someone acts like a mutt, they deserve to be blasted 

And maybe it gives some other mutts pause if they want to act like that in the future 

31 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

If someone acts like a mutt, they deserve to be blasted 

Go find a picture of this, look at it. Right, this is a dog and pony show, brought to you by the Thai police and media.

I understand you don't care about mutts, who does?. However the BiB  can easily grab this guy, slam him up & deport. Doing this, the pony show, they are sending a message to the Thai people about what farangs are really like. It is deliberate. It is government approved. If you are a farang and you are living here you better be concerned, as this has been going on for decades now. Lots of expats here think this Pony show doesn't apply to them. If you think that you are fooling yourself. Don't be a mook.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Mudshark said:

Go find a picture of this, look at it. Right, this is a dog and pony show, brought to you by the Thai police and media.

I understand you don't care about mutts, who does?. However the BiB  can easily grab this guy, slam him up & deport. Doing this, the pony show, they are sending a message to the Thai people about what farangs are really like. It is deliberate. It is government approved. If you are a farang and you are living here you better be concerned, as this has been going on for decades now. Lots of expats here think this Pony show doesn't apply to them. If you think that you are fooling yourself. Don't be a mook.

Spot on observation. I know of at least three incidents where an expat has been involved in a car accident through no fault of their own and the immediate reaction of the first responders and RTP is that you are drunk and it’s the foreigners fault and they need to pay. On each occasion the foreigner was driving alone. Two of the incidents resulted in imprisonment at the local police station, until a fee of between 2,000 and 6,000 baht was paid to the Thai “victims”. Only one person avoided the problem as he was fortunate enough to be a personal friend of a well connected local Thai business man who assisted him. 

You would have to be blind, naive, or lacking experience of any long term living in Thailand to think otherwise. For many expats these problems never arise. But be fully aware that if they do, you are guilty until you can pay to prove you are innocent. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Off-topic posts and an offensive reply have been removed.

For members wishing to continue in the same vein, we still have a free holiday allocation for this month.

Admin.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Soidog said:

Spot on observation. I know of at least three incidents where an expat has been involved in a car accident through no fault of their own and the immediate reaction of the first responders and RTP is that you are drunk and it’s the foreigners fault and they need to pay. On each occasion the foreigner was driving alone. Two of the incidents resulted in imprisonment at the local police station, until a fee of between 2,000 and 6,000 baht was paid to the Thai “victims”. Only one person avoided the problem as he was fortunate enough to be a personal friend of a well connected local Thai business man who assisted him. 

You would have to be blind, naive, or lacking experience of any long term living in Thailand to think otherwise. For many expats these problems never arise. But be fully aware that if they do, you are guilty until you can pay to prove you are innocent. 

Only this special forum and can whine about farang bashing when a guy gets banged up for breaking the law!!   :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mudshark said:

He broke the law................

But the expats will still whine and moan................about a guy breaking the law!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Only this special forum and can whine about farang bashing when a guy gets banged up for breaking the law!!   :)

Or in the cases I quoted, banged up for being innocent. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bushav8r said:

But I think they were following him. The American wasn't paranoid at all.   Sunthorn alleges that the foreigner had been drunk for 2 or 3 days, and that he was angry all the time and was also aware of previous vandalism.  Sunthorn wasn't just a casual observer.   He was actively stalking the drunken fool.

I wondered if there'd be a post trying to justify the behaviour!

50 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

where an expat has been involved in a car accident through no fault of their own

Totally subjective information and so the entire post is invalid.

21 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Or in the cases I quoted, banged up for being innocent. 

Again, only this forum could take this story that is clearly about a whacked out guy breaking the law, and then complain about other instances

He broke the law!!

11 minutes ago, cowslip said:

Totally subjective information and so the entire post is invalid.

This guy broke the law

And I think your brain is broke............

20 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Again, only this forum could take this story that is clearly about a whacked out guy breaking the law, and then complain about other instances

He broke the law!!

I never said he didn’t. My post was to support a previous post. I was simply adding my support to the comments made. Anyone who breaks the law should feel the full weight of the law

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I never said he didn’t. My post was to support a previous post. I was simply adding my support to the comments made. Anyone who breaks the law should feel the full weight of the law

But can you understand my point?

This story is about a clearly whacked out guy breaking the law

And only this forum can turn that into whining about how farangs are treated

It is 100% typical of this forum

If you want to say Thais do this all the time w/o news coverage

So what, don't drink Lao Khao for 3 days and act like a maniac...............

Hopefully he will be deported from Thailand in double quick time although a spell in a Thai jail would also maybe make him consider his life decisions.

• Thanks 1