News Forum - Foreigner caught stealing luggage at Bangkok airport

Thaiger

5 minutes ago, Tim_Melb said:

You left out the part about how you told your friend from the local chop shop that you would be leaving it there and how he gave you a gift of half the value of the profit he got from selling the parts while you made the insurance claim...

🤫🤫🤫

Sounds like an insurance scam. Everyone knows you're not supposed to leave your luggage unattended for security reasons - there's literally announcements about it all the time, and conveniently it had 300k of "luxury goods" in it? Not likely. More likely she wants to claim that for the insurance, and the "foreigner" is probably in on it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Grant said:

You seem very committed y to o complain about Something else that is irrelevant in the posts!

Nothing to do with what collier anyone was or is?

Its about not leaving valuable items out of your site & not leaving you luggage at an Airport being a Security risk?

Exactly, who leaves their luggage unattended at an airport, would she have left it alone in a more security conscious country where it would have caused an absolute nightmare  for airport security!  Silly woman, equally silly woman for thieving it, she has no idea what was inside, or did she?

We have had many such incidents (theft, battery, fraud, etc.) in my country. The police check CCTV and in almost every case I know, they find the thief either the same day or the next day.

5 hours ago, Johnmc17 said:

Insurance will not pay out on that ...

I think you will find they will. How can they refuse the authorities have video footage of the "theif" stealing the bag... 

"I thought the airport was safe" was the first clue that she was either clueless or lying like a rug.

And of course, Customs should be looking at their own videos to she if she tripped on through the green line. Of course, this is supposing she isn't a gem dealer who just came from a purchase in Dubai, which should be the next declaration she makes.

• Like 1