News Forum - Young Thai woman building her career fighting sexual exploitation

Thaiger

Thai university student Sirinada ‘Rose’ Anusorn was 20 years old when a stranger started chatting with her on Facebook. The man told Rose that he was looking for a game caster, and he would pay her a salary. On top of the money, Rose felt lonely in her family, and felt comforted that someone wanted to talk to her. Rose, now a 22 year old senior studying social administration at Thammasat, told The Thaiger…  “Sometimes I felt that my parents did not love me, so because of that loneliness, I resorted to a stranger on the Internet.” But the man […]

The story Young Thai woman building her career fighting sexual exploitation as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

You are doing a noble work. Please keep up the good work.  May the almighty give all the necessary strength and courage in your path towards your ambitions. 

Kudos to her acting on this kind of exploitation. 

Technology and communications have advanced so quickly that older generations have no concept of the threats and explotations that come with the online space. Back then predators would have to be physically present to exploit and endanger a child. Many parents these days would not understand how easily people have access of info (i.e. instagram, facebook, line etc...) that children share online themselves.

I don't particularly blame the parents in this case, but it'll take effort like Rose's to educate them on the matter. 

Good for her to help other kids to not be duped or pushed into BS. Serious stuff this is and these people who prey on kids need to be stopped. No place in our world for A-holes like this.