News Forum - In push for religious harmony, Thailand recognises more churches

Thaiger

In a push for religious harmony, Thailand has officially recognised three Catholic churches in the kingdom this week. The Ministry of Culture officially approved the churches on August 23, after the churches had reportedly waited 93 years for recognition. The newly approved churches are: Saint Thomas the Apostle Church in Bangkok, Saint Monica Church in Nan Province, and Saint Joseph the Worker Church in Phrae Province. Until now, Buddhist-majority Thailand has recognised 57 churches. With the recent church approvals, that number now stands at 60. In 2021, the Thai Cabinet approved a formal law that a new parish can be […]

The story In push for religious harmony, Thailand recognises more churches as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I did not notice any religious disharmony here regarding Catholic chapels. Here in the northeast there are many of them and indeed Catholic schools.

The only region of Thailand I see religious disharmony in is the south where the "religion of peace" seems to have many issues.

6 hours ago, Venusianhart said:

That's all we need, more freaking religion!

Bloody parasites and charlatans the lot of them. 

Here's a take

Every Asian I met that is Catholic is weird as shit

Like they been brainwashed 

• Haha 2

The nihilist liberals of the West are the weirdest lot. They seem unable to accept that faith actually means something to so many people. 

And yet, they come here to Thailand and whine. 

Anyone ever thought about what two of the colors in the Thai flag stand for? 

When in Rome, act as Romans, but that apparently does not apply to Romans. 

• Confused 2

9 hours ago, NorskTiger said:

unable to accept that faith actually means something to so many people. 

Faith and respect in fellow humans, animals, the earth is honorable. 

Blind faith in unseen beings and their "fictional" writings is idiotic.  Why does anyone need a "preacher" or a building to "worship" in?  Also giving money to someone reading fables from a book is beyond belief

The Catholic schools I know of in CM give are not bad, give a kid a good eduaction and actually teach all religions as do not ram that crap down the kids throats trying to brain wash them. Missonaries are more evil than good, but some very few may just be ok, but here in CM we have the Evil Latter Day Saints in white shirts with tie and black name tag riding their bicyles around trying to dupe and then brain wash Thai people. Evil evil b-turds if you ask me, but only the weak will succumb to them. These people need to go.

13 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Here's a take

Every Asian I met that is Catholic is weird as shit

Like they been brainwashed 

That’s funny because every farang I meet it Buddhist!😂

I’ve always felt that Christianity aligned better with Asian philosophy and Buddhism aligned better with Western philosophy. The spiritual migration we are witnessing is a testament to this. Pardon the pun.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ExpatPattaya said:

Faith and respect in fellow humans, animals, the earth is honorable. 

Blind faith in unseen beings and their "fictional" writings is idiotic.  Why does anyone need a "preacher" or a building to "worship" in?  Also giving money to someone reading fables from a book is beyond belief

Why does "anyone" need a temple? Why does anyone donate to Buddhist temples?  Why do monks exist? 

Are you saying that there should be no Buddhist temples in Thailand because you feel so strongly that such things are "idiotic"?  I don't understand what you want, but certainly wonder why you would want to be in a place where faith is so openly accepted. Maybe you should open your own atheist place of worship/contemplation or start a campaign of "no religion". 

Again, do you know what the white stripes in the Thai flag represents?

Edited by NorskTiger

21 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

I did not notice any religious disharmony here regarding Catholic chapels. Here in the northeast there are many of them and indeed Catholic schools.

The only region of Thailand I see religious disharmony in is the south where the "religion of peace" seems to have many issues.

Has not always been the case. Google Wat Songkhon - Catholic Shrine Of The Martyrs Of Thailand

19 minutes ago, Cabra said:

Has not always been the case. Google Wat Songkhon - Catholic Shrine Of The Martyrs Of Thailand

Indeed but thats 80 years ago.

17 hours ago, NorskTiger said:

Why does "anyone" need a temple? Why does anyone donate to Buddhist temples?  Why do monks exist? 

Are you saying that there should be no Buddhist temples in Thailand because you feel so strongly that such things are "idiotic"? 

I consider Buddhism a philosophy not a religion (no deity) .  At least we can see the monks and where they live here 5555 .  Also no mass indoctrination meetings on Sunday for a couple hours as Christians have in the U.S.  In Buddhism it is not essential to worship with others 

As to why to people donate money to monks and temples here in Thailand, that is their own choice, yes. 

The idea that Governments have to make a statement about "religious harmony" and "recognizing" churches is simply ludicrous to me.  We have huge problems in this world, Climate Change, rising energy costs, fresh water supplies, agricultural needs.  This is what government needs to focus on as faith cannot feed you or put a roof over your head

On 8/28/2022 at 3:19 PM, NorskTiger said:

Again, do you know what the white stripes in the Thai flag represents

White has always represented purity.  Plenty of that here in LOS and the world 5555.

BTW America has 13 stripes representing 13 colonies from 225 years ago

Flag colors or symbols mean very little in today's world, most designed in bygone eras .  

So you don't know what the color white denotes in the Thai flag. Figures...

No deity in Buddhism is like saying there is no divinity in Hinduism. 

You finding it odd that harmony and recognition of other's beliefs is a virtue seems a bit strange when you preech "climate change" in the same passage. 

Maybe you should try to figure out what the three colors int he Thai flag means again. You may be surprised or at least learn something ;)