News Forum - Patient dies after the route of emergency rescue van blocked

Thaiger

A heartless nurse who blocked the path of an ambulance, and therefore delayed its journey to help a critical patient, is threatening to sue the emergency services and netizens who criticised her after she complained about the ambulance. The patient later died because the emergency service van did not get there in time. Tal Sulawan, a practical nurse in the southern province of Nakhon Si Thammarat, took to social media yesterday at 6.10pm to complain about the emergency rescue van on a Facebook group called Tung Song Junction (ชุมทางทุ่งสง). The woman said… “This message is a complaint for an emergency […]

The story Patient dies after the route of emergency rescue van blocked as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

When I was in Bangkok an ambulance with its lights turned on actually stopped for me at a crossing. Obviously there was no real emergency.

Perhaps if ambulance crews did not misuse their lights and sirens then they would be taken seriously by literally everyone when they use them for real, as they should be.

I'm not defending the woman who somehow had 100 percent certainty that the lights were being misused for the crew's convenience, but "fixing" people like that is out of the health authorities' hands, whereas better discipline of crews' use lights and sirens is something they have more direct control over.

Only in Thailand can you do something really stupid and put it on Facebook then sue the people who told you did something stupid! 

• Like 2

She stupid, law says clearly you have to move for emergency services, when I came to live in the north I notice people comply very fast to that, they just drive on the foot path or any other places to make space.. I saw otherwise in places like pattaya..

• Like 1

We hear stories that sometimes these ambulance drivers turn their siren on in false situations but you still pull over as quickly as you can and allow it to pass. Common sense & decency should prevail here but remember where we are!!! And this woman threatens to take action, what planet is she from??? 

• Like 1

Bloody hell...what is going on. How did she got selected as a nurse in the first place. Irrespective of any situation, these emergency services providers have the right to move first and the rest must give way. It doesn't matter even if the emergency vehicle driver missuses the privileges, But the emergency vehicle still has the right. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paulw said:

We hear stories that sometimes these ambulance drivers turn their siren on in false situations but you still pull over as quickly as you can and allow it to pass. Common sense & decency should prevail here but remember where we are!!! And this woman threatens to take action, what planet is she from??? 

Idiot planet

18 hours ago, SamFoster said:

When I was in Bangkok an ambulance with its lights turned on actually stopped for me at a crossing. Obviously there was no real emergency.

Perhaps if ambulance crews did not misuse their lights and sirens then they would be taken seriously by literally everyone when they use them for real, as they should be.

I'm not defending the woman who somehow had 100 percent certainty that the lights were being misused for the crew's convenience, but "fixing" people like that is out of the health authorities' hands, whereas better discipline of crews' use lights and sirens is something they have more direct control over.

It’s not your job to judge, just get out of the bloody way! 

• Like 1

On 7/27/2022 at 6:52 PM, Thaiger said:

A heartless nurse who blocked the path of an ambulance, and therefore delayed its journey to help a critical patient, is threatening to sue the emergency services and netizens who criticised her after she complained about the ambulance. The patient later died because the emergency service van did not get there in time. Tal Sulawan, a practical nurse in the southern province of Nakhon Si Thammarat, took to social media yesterday at 6.10pm to complain about the emergency rescue van on a Facebook group called Tung Song Junction (ชุมทางทุ่งสง). The woman said… “This message is a complaint for an emergency […]

The story Patient dies after the route of emergency rescue van blocked as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I hope this nurse is charged with obstructing an emergency vehicle and is fined and jailed and sued by the patients family who lost their loved one. She cost a life, she should lose the rest of hers in jail.

• Like 1