News Forum - Government scheme helps elderly Thais become social media influencers

Thaiger

More elderly Thais are using social media than ever before, but very few consider themselves ‘content creators’. Government agency Thai Media Fund has started a digital training scheme to help Thailand’s aging population use the internet more effectively and generate their own content, so they can use social media to turn their passions into profit. Almost 78% of Thailand’s 70 million population is online and Thailand has the 8th highest number of Facebook users in the world. The World Bank predicts that by 2040, 17 million Thais – more than a quarter of the population – will be over 65 […]

The story Government scheme helps elderly Thais become social media influencers as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

If I were cynical... I would say that the purpose of that is to have an online presence that is more conservative, "traditional" and docile towards the government and the royals as opposed to the youth full of freedom and democratic principles that are to be found all over the Net. I am not cynical so I will not say it. Sure "The training scheme is aimed at elderly Thais who have special skills to teach to the younger generation" is the real purpose...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1