News Forum - Joe Ferrari: From high profile police chief and luxury vehicle collector to a life in prison

Thaiger

Former Nakhon Sawan provincial police chief, Thitisan Utthanaphon, aka. Joe Ferrari, was in the media spotlight today after he was sentenced to a life in prison for the torture and murder of an alleged drug trafficker. The 41 year old, along with six of his colleagues, was caught torturing a man to death on a CCTV camera leaked on Thai social media last August. Ferrari and the other 5 officers were sentenced to death but their penalties were commuted as they tried to save the suspect’s life after he lay lifeless on the floor of the police station office. Another […]

The story Joe Ferrari: From high profile police chief and luxury vehicle collector to a life in prison as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

They’re better grow eyes in the back of their heads! Something tells me justice is coming for them and it won’t be pretty!

som nam na!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, riclag said:

They’re better grow eyes in the back of their heads! Something tells me justice is coming for them and it won’t be pretty!

som nam na!

I suspect they’ll be kept in a special unit away from other prisoners because there’s plenty in there that have a gripe against the police. I also can’t see Ferrari spending life in there 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Giltee said:

I suspect they’ll be kept in a special unit away from other prisoners because there’s plenty in there that have a gripe against the police. 

Correct. They will become “trustees”, largely removed from the general population and housed separately. Not necessarily because they need the protection but because their previous ranks and connections will ensure their preferential treatment. They may have been named but definitely not shamed. 

• Like 3

Gee, I missed in the article where it says WHEN these convicted killers will begin serving their sentences....or are they/do they have the right to appeal? Hmmph.

4 minutes ago, Busqueezo said:

Gee, I missed in the article where it says WHEN these convicted killers will begin serving their sentences....or are they/do they have the right to appeal? Hmmph.

They have been in prison since their arrest - no bail. They have the right to appeal both verdict and sentence as does the prosecution. 

• Like 3

I doubt if any of them will serve more than ten years

I just hope the cash has also been confiscated.

I feel they need to spend at least 35 year as a minimum sentence but that suppose I am dreaming and then in the general population

What happened to all the cars he had?  Are they all parceled out to his superiors already?

Did they authorities sell the cars?  Where does the money go?

1 hour ago, Haole.TH said:

What happened to all the cars he had?  Are they all parceled out to his superiors already?

Did they authorities sell the cars?  Where does the money go?

shush !

• Haha 1