News Forum - British man who murdered and chopped up Thai woman to be sentenced tomorrow

Thaiger

1 minute ago, astro said:

Read your own posts again.

I won't be drawn further into this absurd pissing match.

Everything I have is true, you contradicting them doesn't make them false. 🙂

2 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

Everything I have is true,

Opinion:

- a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

3 minutes ago, astro said:

Opinion:

- a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Based on fact. 

2 hours ago, astro said:

Read your own posts again.

I won't be drawn further into this absurd pissing match.

😂😂😂

2 hours ago, astro said:

You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.

Your 100 % wrong there !

If your a Politician …. Especially in a corrupt military government ….. then your Opinion is the Facts. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

No it was your intervention that caused the present discord, however, you are being extremely naive if you think that the universities do not have Marxist professors pushing their agenda on to the gullible students. Good god the whole country is run by the loony left, the Tories may be in government but the left are running the country with likes of left wing media, home office even our good old Aunty Beeb has now been got at.

In my days and before it was communism that was rife at Universities, everybody that was anybody had to have a picture of Che Guevara on his bedroom wall, I bet you did too eh Astro, go on admit it, you did didn't you?😃

"and I was right in suspecting you were out of your depths and questioning whether you've been to one."

If you don't mind can I put this down as a patronising comment or is it 'cancel plebs week' at your campus this week.

"If higher education results in being against the death penalty, then that's a good thing IMO. Marxism has nothing to do with it."

Nice to see that you have an opinion Astro, well just to remind you... so has everybody else.😉

It is so full of nonsense I just have to laugh. 🤣

12 minutes ago, JamesR said:

It is so full of nonsense I just have to laugh. 🤣

Instead of making a fool of yourself James would you like to ilucidate to what you find amusing. You have a habit of not answering questions and just posting these little nonsense one liners. Regards 

6 hours ago, Soidog said:

I totally agree about the dangers. It amazes me when I speak to bar girls how many don’t seem to understand the risk. Some of the girls will literally go with anyone and don’t seem to even try to establish how dangerous a person they are. That said, the often very dangerous ones are polite, charming and kind. People like Ted Buddy for example. 

Your point about a stranger pulling up in a car is also interesting. One of life’s mysteries to me is how people, especially women hail a taxi. If you were asked how comfortable you feel that a total stranger stops at the side of the road, your wife, daughter or girlfriend get in, the driver locks the doors and they drive off in to the night, you’d likely say not happy at all. Yet every night, all around the world people do such things. Things get a little safer with calling for a taxi or using services such a Grab and Uber. But a taxi that just pulls up and drives off is utter madness.  

I spoke to a hotel receptionist about this in Phuket. 

She complained, she had to keep the ID cards of the ‘bar girls’ and some of the girls tried to complain to her about their so called “boyfriend”, which she told them she was not interested in listening to. 

She told me 99% of the girls are from Issan and have no self respect and are willing to do anything for money. They love to party, drink, smoke and go with anybody. 

I said it is because they are poor they did such things and she said they are no poorer than the rest of us who work hard in “normal” jobs for much less money. There are thousands of job job vacancies in Phuket but these girls do not want them. 

She told me the girls have a well tested set of excuses for doing this job, papa sick etc and the gullible farangs fall for it, why are then not clever about this she asked. 

She told me the rest Thailand despise these women as they bring a bad name to all Thai women and to the country. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

Instead of making a fool of yourself James would you like to ilucidate to what you find amusing. You have a habit of not answering questions and just posting these little nonsense one liners. Regards 

What is funny is your generalisation of student life, eg we all became Marxists and then later on Left Wing, causing us all to be against the death penalty for some strange reason, all nonsense, you would have known it is nonsense if you had been to Uni.

Plus if we did not have uni how would we become software engineers, medical doctors, engineers, scientists etc, thought the university of life?

Now let's see how you ignore these direct answers to your questions/remarks as you do with all other people's remarks and do a tangent with some other insult or nonsense text. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, astro said:

Wasn't it you who diverted the thread with spurious claims about Marxist education at Unis? 🤣

...and I was right in suspecting you were out of your depths and questioning whether you've been to one. 😎

If higher education results in being against the death penalty, then that's a good thing IMO. Marxism has nothing to do with it.

I have tried reason with the guy but to does not work as he goes into insult mode or comes up with some other tripe, the best thing to do is respond in the standard way to start with but later on as his comments become more deluded then just laugh. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JamesR said:

Another bloke with a "I did not go to uni chip on his shoulder".

You are the one who started taking these comments into personal attacks by suggesting quite stupidly that going to university was a negative thing and you even came up with some absurd comment stating we had been brainwashed by left-wing lecturers and had no common sense. 

"Doctor did you go to university and therefore do not have any common sense and you now vote Labour".

"Well in order to be a doctor I would have had to have gone to university wouldn't I, what sort of fool votes Labour, you must have no common sense in order to ask such a question"?

So funny. 😀

Doctor did you go to university and therefore do not have any common sense and you now vote Labour".

Well in order to be a doctor I would have had to have gone to university wouldn't I, what sort of fool votes Labour, you must have no common sense in order to ask such a question"?

James you are being very disingenuous using quotation marks when I did not say any of those things, in other words you are putting your words in my mouth. We both know that you have now dug a hole and you cannot get out, so just make yourself comfortable I'm sure help will be along very shortly to extract you. 🥼👨‍⚕️😷

If you cut out the insults James people might think you are even more educated than you already are. 😉

8 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

Doctor did you go to university and therefore do not have any common sense and you now vote Labour".

Well in order to be a doctor I would have had to have gone to university wouldn't I, what sort of fool votes Labour, you must have no common sense in order to ask such a question"?

James you are being very disingenuous using quotation marks when I did not say any of those things, in other words you are putting your words in my mouth. We both know that you have now dug a hole and you cannot get out, so just make yourself comfortable I'm sure help will be along very shortly to extract you. 🥼👨‍⚕️😷

If you cut out the insults James people might think you are even more educated than you already are. 😉

The quotation marks you mistook as your direct quotes due to you ego  were used in a little scenario I wrote between an imaginary pair of people talking to each other based on you silly comments about uni producing people with no common sense and also being Left Wing, Marxists etc.

You ego needs to be tuned down as this blog is not all about you, eg your claim about me sending you my CV, if I had sent my CV to you would not have understood most of it anyway,  so funny.😄

2 hours ago, JamesR said:

I spoke to a hotel receptionist about this in Phuket. 

She complained, she had to keep the ID cards of the ‘bar girls’ and some of the girls tried to complain to her about their so called “boyfriend”, which she told them she was not interested in listening to. 

She told me 99% of the girls are from Issan and have no self respect and are willing to do anything for money. They love to party, drink, smoke and go with anybody. 

I said it is because they are poor they did such things and she said they are no poorer than the rest of us who work hard in “normal” jobs for much less money. There are thousands of job job vacancies in Phuket but these girls do not want them. 

She told me the girls have a well tested set of excuses for doing this job, papa sick etc and the gullible farangs fall for it, why are then not clever about this she asked. 

She told me the rest Thailand despise these women as they bring a bad name to all Thai women and to the country. 

I’m not sure about that generalisation  James. I’ve spent many weeks or months over the years in places like Buriram, Udon Thani, Khon Kean and Roi Et and I’ve seen hard working normal girls in all those places working in banks and hotels and hospitals. It’s true that poverty is a driver for prostitution anywhere in the world and Issan is one of the poorest regions of the country. The problem is you only need a few who are what I see as hardened bar girls and they bring the rest down. 

I know many of these girls are the ones who have to pick up the pieces of the family when their lazy father or brothers get the family in to a financial mess. A debt as small at 100,000 baht is massive to these people. Earning 12,000-15,000 a month leaves nothing to pay off a debt which often increases faster than you pay it off due to high interest rates from loan sharks. The girls are then offered a quick way out. Go to Pattaya or Phuket for 3-6 months. Earn massive money and even catch a wealthy Farang in the bargain. 

Ive always said that if I was a pretty looking young girl I’d be a total slag 😂. So I can hardly blame these little cuties for doing it for their family and catching a wealthy guy and heading back home. The alternative would be to see the total loss of the family home or farm. I have to ask, what would I do? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

I’m not sure about that generalisation  James. I’ve spent many weeks or months over the years in places like Buriram, Udon Thani, Khon Kean and Roi Et and I’ve seen hard working normal girls in all those places working in banks and hotels and hospitals. It’s true that poverty is a driver for prostitution anywhere in the world and Issan is one of the poorest regions of the country. The problem is you only need a few who are what I see as hardened bar girls and they bring the rest down. 

I know many of these girls are the ones who have to pick up the pieces of the family when their lazy father or brothers get the family in to a financial mess. A debt as small at 100,000 baht is massive to these people. Earning 12,000-15,000 a month leaves nothing to pay off a debt which often increases faster than you pay it off due to high interest rates from loan sharks. The girls are then offered a quick way out. Go to Pattaya or Phuket for 3-6 months. Earn massive money and even catch a wealthy Farang in the bargain. 

Ive always said that if I was a pretty looking young girl I’d be a total slag 😂. So I can hardly blame these little cuties for doing it for their family and catching a wealthy guy and heading back home. The alternative would be to see the total loss of the family home or farm. I have to ask, what would I do? 

I did not say all Isaan girls are like that, I said the bar girls from Isaan are like that, they make up the vast majority of bar girls all around Thailand.

The other poor girls working in Isaan and all other parts of Thailand deserve respect and do not do such a job so why should the ones who do it.

I have seen some of them talk to each other about how they have a few farangs on the go at the same time and have no qualms about it as they parade about covered in gold and expensive handbags etc, it makes me laugh to see them as I think some daft farang has bought all of that. 

I remember years ago when internet cafes were around as smartphones were not around, I had to do coursework for many hours a day in such an internet cafe and so saw and heard lots of girls talking to each other and translating from Thai to English in their numerous emails to various guys around the world.

Email number one, "Peter, I miss and love you, thank you so much for money, I wait here for you".

Email number two(same girl), "John, I so happy you come next week to see me, I love you honey".

They emailed quite a few guys in such a way.

I looked over and grinned at them, they knew I knew what they were up to they laughed out loud with no hint of embarrassment. 

A friend of mine owned a restaurant in Phuket for 25 years, he knew a lot of the bar owners and had all sorts of stories he told me from them of how many bar girls had ripped off farangs of all of their money.

One of the stories told by the bar owner was on one particular occasion in a very large bar thee guys had come to see their 'girlfriend' and were sat in various separate areas of the bar, they were all visiting the same girl, they were all told separately secretly from each other she had to go home as papa was seriously ill, she was in fact with another farang for the next thee weeks.

It is a business and the "oh I am poor" is part of the game. 

Anyone who falls for it deserves to be ripped off.😀

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, JamesR said:

I did not say all Isaan girls are like that, I said the bar girls from Isaan are like that, they make up the vast majority of bar girls all around Thailand.

The other poor girls working in Isaan and all other parts of Thailand deserve respect and do not do such a job so why should the ones who do it.

I have seen some of them talk to each other about how they have a few farangs on the go at the same time and have no qualms about it as they parade about covered in gold and expensive handbags etc, it makes me laugh to see them as I think some daft farang has bought all of that. 

I remember years ago when internet cafes were around as smartphones were not around, I had to do coursework for many hours a day in such an internet cafe and so saw and heard lots of girls talking to each other and translating from Thai to English in their numerous emails to various guys around the world.

Email number one, "Peter, I miss and love you, thank you so much for money, I wait here for you".

Email number two(same girl), "John, I so happy you come next week to see me, I love you honey".

They emailed quite a few guys in such a way.

I looked over and grinned at them, they knew I knew what they were up to they laughed out loud with no hint of embarrassment. 

A friend of mine owned a restaurant in Phuket for 25 years, he knew a lot of the bar owners and had all sorts of stories he told me from them of how many bar girls had ripped off farangs of all of their money.

One of the stories told by the bar owner was on one particular occasion in a very large bar thee guys had come to see their 'girlfriend' and were sat in various separate areas of the bar, they were all visiting the same girl, they were all told separately secretly from each other she had to go home as papa was seriously ill, she was in fact with another farang for the next thee weeks.

It is a business and the "oh I am poor" is part of the game. 

Anyone who falls for it deserves to be ripped off.😀

Yes is agree that’s it’s a machine for some of these girls. It’s an international scam and you’d have to be crazy to think a cute 20 year old girl will love you if you are 55, let alone if you are also fat, bald and take your teeth out at night!! 

I’m sure many of the guys who take a girl like that as a girlfriend or even wife, know all these things. Ive even known farangs aged 65-70 who know their sweetheart is getting banged off some young Thai lad once in a while. But just as the initial transaction in the bar was sex for money, then they are happy to see that continue. It’s not my idea of living in my old age, but I guess there are worse ways! 

What I would say, is that sometimes it cuts the other way. I know of at least one guy who told his new GF he had a home in the U.K. worth £2.5 million. He owned his own company and never married before. In reality he was going through a messy divorce and he had to split the proceeds of his £210,000 estate house with his wife. His day job was taxi driver. But the girl was stunning looking, he tricked her in to thinking she won the lottery. They lived at war with each other for two years. He blew all of his £105,000 on building a house, buying cars and gold etc. After two years she got rid and he’s now living off of 30,000 Baht U.K. pension a month just outside of Korat. At the end of the day, there’s no fool like and old fool. Up to them I guess 😳

But this type of attitude is universal when you think about it. Would someone like Peter Crouch (no offence Crouchie) get a girl like Abby Clancy if he hadn’t been an England footballer? 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Yes is agree that’s it’s a machine for some of these girls. It’s an international scam and you’d have to be crazy to think a cute 20 year old girl will love you if you are 55, let alone if you are also fat, bald and take your teeth out at night!! 

I’m sure many of the guys who take a girl like that as a girlfriend or even wife, know all these things. Ive even known farangs aged 65-70 who know their sweetheart is getting banged off some young Thai lad once in a while. But just as the initial transaction in the bar was sex for money, then they are happy to see that continue. It’s not my idea of living in my old age, but I guess there are worse ways! 

What I would say, is that sometimes it cuts the other way. I know of at least one guy who told his new GF he had a home in the U.K. worth £2.5 million. He owned his own company and never married before. In reality he was going through a messy divorce and he had to split the proceeds of his £210,000 estate house with his wife. His day job was taxi driver. But the girl was stunning looking, he tricked her in to thinking she won the lottery. They lived at war with each other for two years. He blew all of his £105,000 on building a house, buying cars and gold etc. After two years she got rid and he’s now living off of 30,000 Baht U.K. pension a month just outside of Korat. At the end of the day, there’s no fool like and old fool. Up to them I guess 😳

But this type of attitude is universal when you think about it. Would someone like Peter Crouch (no offence Crouchie) get a girl like Abby Clancy if he hadn’t been an England footballer? 

20:15, it is now BeerOCLock, will reply tomorrow.👍

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, JamesR said:

The quotation marks you mistook as your direct quotes due to you ego  were used in a little scenario I wrote between an imaginary pair of people talking to each other based on you silly comments about uni producing people with no common sense and also being Left Wing, Marxists etc.

You ego needs to be tuned down as this blog is not all about you, eg your claim about me sending you my CV, if I had sent my CV to you would not have understood most of it anyway,  so funny.😄

Another patronising post James, it is a shame you can't put as much effort into debating as you put into insulting others.😃

My last words to you is a quote "when the debate is lost, insult is the tool of the loser.😉

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Soidog said:

"I’m sure many of the guys who take a girl like that as a girlfriend or even wife, know all these things."

I have come across many who do not, they hang out with other groups of farangs who have such wives and so it seems normal to them, they think it is real until it goes wrong.

"What I would say, is that sometimes it cuts the other way."

But it did not cut the other way in your story, he just lied about how much he had, she still got everything he had and so yet another case of a stupid farang being ripped off.

You mentioned  Abby Clancy, she is an individual and there will always be people like her around but in Isaan (the rest of Thais call it Laos), there seems to be a 'cottage industry' of girls who's job in life is to mug a farang of all he has, it is a trade for some of them.

Please not I did not say all girls form Isaan, the majority of course go about a normal life. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

Another patronising post James, it is a shame you can't put as much effort into debating as you put into insulting others.😃

My last words to you is a quote "when the debate is lost, insult is the tool of the loser.😉

ZZZZZZZ🥱