News Forum - British man who murdered and chopped up Thai woman to be sentenced tomorrow

Thaiger

Just now, JamesR said:

A murderer should be sentenced to life which should be his/her natural life, that would stop them reaffending.

Death sentence no, the justice system is needed but it is not infallible so no death sentence for the reasons I stated previously, you can not bring and innocent dead person back to life but you can release them and compensate them for the error. 

Not everyone shares that opinion James, but we now live in a society of human rights and left wing do gooders who cannot think straight perhaps because they have gone through Universities and been indoctrinated with their left wing tutors. Life will never mean life anymore thanks to these people, they are a danger and how many times have these people hoodwinked the interviewing bodies and had them released only for them to go on and murder again, this does not only apply to murderers, it also applies to paedophiles who have been released and horrifically abused young children again. 

There are certain crimes that the perpetrators don't deserve a second chance and capital punishment will stop reoffenders killing again and abusing children. 

Bit just to reiterate, the death penalty must mean 'beyond reasonable doubt'.

I think we must be thinking how can we prevent these people from committing such crimes and not 'but what if we get it wrong' 

But it is a very emotive subject there is no doubt.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

Not everyone shares that opinion James, but we now live in a society of human rights and left wing do gooders who cannot think straight perhaps because they have gone through Universities and been indoctrinated with their left wing tutors. Life will never mean life anymore thanks to these people, they are a danger and how many times have these people hoodwinked the interviewing bodies and had them released only for them to go on and murder again, this does not only apply to murderers, it also applies to paedophiles who have been released and horrifically abused young children again. 

There are certain crimes that the perpetrators don't deserve a second chance and capital punishment will stop reoffenders killing again and abusing children. 

I think we must be thinking how can we prevent these people from committing such crimes and not 'but what if we get it wrong' 

Life in the US means life - next question. 

(Unless you’ve been wrongly executed due to the rabid rights need for blood thirsty revenge regardless of how weak the evidence is) 

All convictions are based on ‘beyond reasonable doubt, do you think some are sentenced to death just for a laugh ? 

However you can debate this to death but unless you can find evidence that capital punishment has proved to be a deterrent anywhere on this planet, you’re always going to lose the argument. 

• Like 1

On 6/1/2022 at 2:05 PM, Marble-eye said:

I have been to two universities one in London where I was taught maths, stats and computing, no left wing politics taught.

The second was Oxford University where I was taught software engineering, no left wind politics taught.

I am about as far from left wing as you can get.

You saids, "But just to reiterate, the death penalty must mean 'beyond reasonable doubt'."

That is exactly why I am against the death penalty as 'beyond a reasonable doubt" is not a one hundred percent test.

You said "......capital punishment will stop reoffenders killing again and abusing children..."

Yes that is why I said they should be given whole life sentences which will also stop reoffending.  

• Like 1

On 6/1/2022 at 3:09 PM, Sumlee said:

I can only assume that his sentence is light because he provided some gifts.

It was a "partial" sentence.

7 minutes ago, JamesR said:

I have been to two universities one in London where I was taught maths, stats and computing, no left wing politics taught.

The second was Oxford University where I was taught software engineering, no left wind politics taught.

I am about as far from left wing as you can get.

You saids, "But just to reiterate, the death penalty must mean 'beyond reasonable doubt'."

That is exactly why I am against the death penalty as 'beyond a reasonable doubt" is not a one hundred percent test.

You said "......capital punishment will stop reoffenders killing again and abusing children..."

Yes that is why I said they should be given whole life sentences which will also stop reoffending.  

"I have been to two universities one in London where I was taught maths, stats and computing, no left wing politics taught.

I am about as far from left wing as you can get."

Thanks for your CV James but I don't think I ever mentioned you and your qualifications. My point was that people are going to Uni and with the Marxist education they receive, (not yours obviously) instead of coming out of Uni and doing a years Sabbatical leave they are immediately gluing themselves to the M25, however I digress.

"That is exactly why I am against the death penalty as 'beyond a reasonable doubt" is not a one hundred percent test."

WIth the technology we have these days and all the CCTV cameras everywhere it would be pretty much impossible to commit any sort of of crime without been seen, these are the "beyond all reasonable doubt" cases I am referring to, would you also be againgst stringing these people up too?

"You said "......capital punishment will stop reoffenders killing again and abusing children..."

Yes that is why I said they should be given whole life sentences which will also stop reoffending."

As I have already answered this in a previous post it seems pointless re-writing what I have already written.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

My point was that people are going to Uni and with the Marxist education they receive, (not yours obviously)

He's just one example of many who have not received a "Marxist education" at uni.

When were you at uni, if you've ever seen one from the inside and when were you last in the UK?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

"I have been to two universities one in London where I was taught maths, stats and computing, no left wing politics taught.

I am about as far from left wing as you can get."

Thanks for your CV James but I don't think I ever mentioned you and your qualifications. My point was that people are going to Uni and with the Marxist education they receive, (not yours obviously) instead of coming out of Uni and doing a years Sabbatical leave they are immediately gluing themselves to the M25, however I digress.

"That is exactly why I am against the death penalty as 'beyond a reasonable doubt" is not a one hundred percent test."

WIth the technology we have these days and all the CCTV cameras everywhere it would be pretty much impossible to commit any sort of of crime without been seen, these are the "beyond all reasonable doubt" cases I am referring to, would you also be againgst stringing these people up too?

"You said "......capital punishment will stop reoffenders killing again and abusing children..."

Yes that is why I said they should be given whole life sentences which will also stop reoffending."

As I have already answered this in a previous post it seems pointless re-writing what I have already written.

"Is this a half hour argument or an hour....yes it is, no it's not, yes it is", Monty Python.😀

4 minutes ago, astro said:

He's just one example of many who have not received a "Marxist education" at uni.

When were you at uni, if you've ever seen one from the inside and when were you last in the UK?

He must have gone to the ''university of life'' as so many of them say in a sort of cocky way.

I always laugh and say it tried the university of life, it was crap so I then went to a real university and have not looked back since. 😀

10 minutes ago, astro said:

Isn't it just a shame that Uni cannot teach common sense as well, as proven here. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

Isn't it just a shame that Uni cannot teach common sense as well, as proven here. 🤔

"Doctor, before you perform the operation can I ask which university you qualified at."

"Well actually I went to the university of life and sort of picked up bits and pieces as I went along".

"But I do have common sense though!"

"What do you mean?"

"Well I believe the death penalty should always be used for murderers and therefore I must have common sense". 🙄

"I see, I have just remembered I have left my phone in the car, I won't be a second", I say as I run at full pelt away from the hospital. 🤣

4 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

That doesn't answer either of my questions, unless the meaning of that cryptic message is that you have been to uni but were not taught common sense and point at your comments as proof?

Edited by astro
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, astro said:

That doesn't answer either of my questions, unless the meaning of that cryptic message is that you have been to uni but were not taught common sense and point at your comments as proof?

I see you have turned this thread into a personal ad hominem attack, if you think you are clever Astro by attending Uni, trust me I have read your posts and whatever it cost you to attend Uni I would be tempted to ask for my money back. 

You cannot go through life shouting 'Look at me, I have been to university and you haven't, you can't spell diarrhoea, but I can,' be a better man and grow up and drop the attitude. 

18 hours ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

I attended Shipley College of Further Education !

Do I qualify to post on this thread ??

A used t'cycle from Bradford t'Shipley quite regularly wen a were a lad, so if tha can write English like what I can then you can write all ya want on ere like our kid, thall be reet over education mark if tha con do that.😀

19 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

I see you have turned this thread into a personal ad hominem attack, if you think you are clever Astro by attending Uni, trust me I have read your posts and whatever it cost you to attend Uni I would be tempted to ask for my money back. 

You cannot go through life shouting 'Look at me, I have been to university and you haven't, you can't spell diarrhoea, but I can,' be a better man and grow up and drop the attitude. 

Another bloke with a "I did not go to uni chip on his shoulder".

You are the one who started taking these comments into personal attacks by suggesting quite stupidly that going to university was a negative thing and you even came up with some absurd comment stating we had been brainwashed by left-wing lecturers and had no common sense. 

"Doctor did you go to university and therefore do not have any common sense and you now vote Labour".

"Well in order to be a doctor I would have had to have gone to university wouldn't I, what sort of fool votes Labour, you must have no common sense in order to ask such a question"?

So funny. 😀

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JamesR said:

Another bloke with a "I did not go to uni chip on his shoulder".

You are the one who started taking these comments into personal attacks by suggesting quite stupidly that going to university was a negative thing and you even came up with some absurd comment stating we had been brainwashed by left-wing lecturers and had no common sense. 

"Doctor did you go to university and therefore do not have any common sense and you now vote Labour".

"Well in order to be a doctor I would have had to have gone to university wouldn't I, what sort of fool votes Labour, you must have no common sense in order to ask such a question"?

So funny. 😀

No James, your comprehension skills need some fine tuning, I generalized about Universities and you took it on yourself to take it personal, I didn't even know you had been to Uni untill you submitted your CV to me, but very impressive it was.

But quite a smorgasbord of personal insults there James, they taught you well.🙂

On 5/30/2022 at 7:35 PM, HankWolfy74 said:

A murder should result in the murderer facing death! To let him live is an injustice that should be corrected!

Absolute rubbish! Capital punishment is just make ng society in to a bunch of murders and is stupidly wrong on two fronts. Firstly executing a criminal guilty of a capital crime is giving them the easy way out. It's a much more severe punishment to keep them imprisoned for the rest of their life knowing they will never be released and then die in jail. And Secondly, have you ever heard of cases where people have been found guilty of crimes they did not commit? It happens all to often. There have been lots of cases where the courts and public were certain of people's guilt and then years later the case was overturned on new evidence or the real perpetrator being caught for another crime. If you kill an innocent person you can't bring them back to life and say sorry. If you know what ll an innocent person the society that did it is guilty of murder. So for these reasons alone capital punishment is never justified. 

• Like 1

On 5/30/2022 at 12:33 PM, perceblue said:

Prostitution must be one of the most dangerous jobs in the world.

It`s only a matter of time when these women will encounter a psycho.

For example, if a young lady was walking on a street and a strange guy pulled up in a car and offered her a lift, any woman with common sense would not get in the car for her own safety.

The same applies when women of ill repute go off with strange men to hotel rooms or homes, they are placing themselves at great risk.

Sadly, this young woman is not the first victim and won`t be the last. The money is not worth it.

I totally agree about the dangers. It amazes me when I speak to bar girls how many don’t seem to understand the risk. Some of the girls will literally go with anyone and don’t seem to even try to establish how dangerous a person they are. That said, the often very dangerous ones are polite, charming and kind. People like Ted Buddy for example. 

Your point about a stranger pulling up in a car is also interesting. One of life’s mysteries to me is how people, especially women hail a taxi. If you were asked how comfortable you feel that a total stranger stops at the side of the road, your wife, daughter or girlfriend get in, the driver locks the doors and they drive off in to the night, you’d likely say not happy at all. Yet every night, all around the world people do such things. Things get a little safer with calling for a taxi or using services such a Grab and Uber. But a taxi that just pulls up and drives off is utter madness.  

On 6/3/2022 at 2:49 AM, Marble-eye said:

Isn't it you who started the ad hominems and have done it again just there?

Btw, I haven't revealed whether I went to Uni or not, your assumptions say a lot about yourself.

9 minutes ago, astro said:

Isn't it you who started the ad hominems and have done it again just there?

Btw, I haven't revealed whether I went to Uni or not, your assumptions say a lot about yourself.

Actually there wasn't any anomosities until you decided to start attacking posters instead of joining in the debate. 

Sometimes Astro if you cannot think of anything of interest to contribute to a very emotive subject, it might be better if don't post at all as all you are doing is derailing this thread. 

Just because you do not agree with some of the posters on here it does not necessarily mean you are correct. 

Wasn't it you who diverted the thread with spurious claims about Marxist education at Unis? 🤣

...and I was right in suspecting you were out of your depths and questioning whether you've been to one. 😎

If higher education results in being against the death penalty, then that's a good thing IMO. Marxism has nothing to do with it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, astro said:

Wasn't it you who diverted the thread with spurious claims about Marxist education at Unis? 🤣

No it was your intervention that caused the present discord, however, you are being extremely naive if you think that the universities do not have Marxist professors pushing their agenda on to the gullible students. Good god the whole country is run by the loony left, the Tories may be in government but the left are running the country with likes of left wing media, home office even our good old Aunty Beeb has now been got at.

In my days and before it was communism that was rife at Universities, everybody that was anybody had to have a picture of Che Guevara on his bedroom wall, I bet you did too eh Astro, go on admit it, you did didn't you?😃

"and I was right in suspecting you were out of your depths and questioning whether you've been to one."

If you don't mind can I put this down as a patronising comment or is it 'cancel plebs week' at your campus this week.

"If higher education results in being against the death penalty, then that's a good thing IMO. Marxism has nothing to do with it."

Nice to see that you have an opinion Astro, well just to remind you... so has everybody else.😉

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

No it was your intervention that caused the present discord,

You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.

That applies for the rest of your diatribe as well.

Don't forget that the Tories have been democratically elected, that should give you a clue, even without Uni education.

But let's not go further off-topic with this tangent you insist on pursueing.

There are lots of reasons to be against the death penalty, on a political level it would be a belief in liberal democracy, then there are philosophical considerations such as our tradition of reason from the Age of Enlightenment, Humanism, etc., not to forget religious motives rooted in Christianity

2 minutes ago, astro said:

That applies for the rest of your diatribe as well.

There is only one person here throwing insults out with gay abandon, and it ain't me babe.