News Forum - Ukraine’s Zelensky defies Russia’s ultimatum to lay down weapons

Thaiger

6 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Still defecting and doing a poor job of it. I never said Russia was telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. You keep eating that propaganda pie, you are clearly addicted. 

So where would I find the truth oh enlightened one?

1 hour ago, Fanta said:

My point is that each side presents things the way they want you to see it

While true it’s also unfair. Western media isn’t required to tow the government line. This is how you end up with the White House mad at the media because they told the story behind the sinking of the Russian cruiser.  That’s not the case with Russia or Chinese media. With them you tow the line or you are off the air. I’m not saying you don’t have a point. Just the two medias come to their stories from a completely different set of rules on how they do their job. It’s not fair to lump them together. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

31 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

While true it’s also unfair. Western media isn’t required to tow the government line. This is how you end up with the White House mad at the media because they told the story behind the sinking of the Russian cruiser.  That’s not the case with Russia or Chinese media. With them you tow the line or you are off the air. I’m not saying you don’t have a point. Just the two medias come to their stories from a completely different set of rules on how they do their job. It’s not fair to lump them together. 

I am not lumping them together as equals. One is clearly more biased than the other but they are both biased. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fanta said:

I am not lumping them together as equals. One is clearly more biased than the other but they are both biased. 

So on balance which one would you believe?

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

So on balance which one would you believe?

In this conflict? Remember I don’t give a toss about the politics. I have been clear on that. Russian & Ukrainian media are not credible in times of war. And I trust neither. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Fanta said:

In this conflict? Remember I don’t give a toss about the politics. I have been clear on that. Russian & Ukrainian media are not credible in times of war. And I trust neither. 

What about the western media? Which is what we were talking about.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

What about the western media? Which is what we were talking about.

Take that with a huge grain of salt. 

Just now, Fanta said:

So you don't believe the western media. You don't believe the Russian media. You don't believe the Ukrainian media.

Please tell me oh enlightened one. Where should we seek knowledge from?

3 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Rabbit in headlights springs to mind. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

So you don't believe the western media. You don't believe the Russian media. You don't believe the Ukrainian media.

Please tell me oh enlightened one. Where should we seek knowledge from?

Don’t be sarcastic, squealer. Weigh one against the other, use common sense and trust none of them. 

5 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Don’t be sarcastic, squealer. Weigh one against the other, use common sense and trust none of them. 

But you don't believe any of them. How can you make a judgement if they are all lying oh Golden One?

Surely there is some source you do trust.

As the new Messiah please share with us mere mortals where we should seek the truth. 

• Like 1

Well the war does keep helping the buyers stock market. But bad Putin and his minions. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Fanta said:

We have learned one lesson.  The Russian Army is a paper Tiger. 

3 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

Understandable mistake on your part. 

Everything is very clear (for me.)

They want show they military power and Flag close to our borders.

Ok, accepted.

But Finland should understand too, they loosens "Neutral Status".

It was your choice.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Del_SoL said:

They want show they military power and Flag close to our borders.

Ok, accepted.

But Finland should understand too, they loosens "Neutral Status".

It was your choice.

Since there are already NATO, and specifically US troops in the Baltic States, the flag was already next to Russia's border. 

Considering Finland is likely to announce their application to join NATO this week (along with Sweden), they are fully aware of their pending change in status. 

Too bad Ukraine didn't get that choice, it was taken from them by Russia. Clearly why Finland and Sweden are planning to join NATO. I'm sure the irony is lost on Putin.  

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

6 hours ago, EdwardV said:

Too bad Ukraine didn't get that choice, it was taken from them by Russia. Clearly why Finland and Sweden are planning to join NATO. I'm sure the irony is lost on Putin.  

To be realistic, Ukraine never had much of a choice about joining NATO. That big meanie Macron recently said it might take years or decades for Ukraine to be eligible to join NATO. Ukraine does have a problem with corruption, political stability as well as being arguably the poorest country in Europe. Ukraine joining NATO is akin to one ton Tanya joining the mile high club. Just ‘cause she wants it doesn’t mean she is going to get it and most Europeans would say thanks but no thanks. You gotta have standards! 

Finland & Sweden may be planning on joining NATO but that is a big change for them. Sweden has avoided military alliances for over 200 years, while Finland adopted neutrality after being defeated by the Soviet Union in World War II. Europe is uneasy about the possibility of war at home for the first time in a long time and Joe & Jolene Public view joining NATO as a no brainer. The Swedish & Finnish governments may not be as keen to join the clubhouse at this time. Perhaps it is better to sit on the fence for another 70 years and ponder things over a few meatballs while making soothing noises to the kids and paying lip service to the critics.

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Fanta said:

That big meanie Macron recently said it might take years or decades for Ukraine to be eligible to join NATO.

To be fair, the French in general have never been fans of NATO. Macron specifically would prefer an EU army (can’t have both). Putin crushed that idea for decades to come. Funny how that worked out. 

46 minutes ago, Fanta said:

The Swedish & Finnish governments may not be as keen to join the clubhouse at this time.

We will know this week. I wouldn’t bet the farm against it if I were you. 

• Like 2

Wow, for the first time in a long time a Russian newsite posted the truth!

2 recently employed journalists with Lenta.ru posted several articles rebutting Russian disinformation.

Putin must have been furious as it happened just after Russian sat tv was hacked to post anti war messages that the blood of Ukrainian women and children is on their hands. 

At least some Russians are willing to fight for their country though I imagine they have left the country by now so as to not be arrested for saying the truth.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/may/09/russian-journalists-pro-kremlin-site-lenta-anti-war-articles

But hey Fanta says this is not true as Western media is biased and you cannot trust them.

Dang guess I will need to find out the truth with his method of carrier pigeon, lol....

Or was it a tin can with string attached?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

28 minutes ago, Del_SoL said:

Pope Francis: 'barking of NATO at Russia's door".
"Barking"))) LoL
Interesting message for all Catholic World.

https://news.yahoo.com/pope-francis-suggests-apos-barking-221515078.html

Catholic Priest Organized Child Rape System should stay OUT of politics (as well as kiddy fiddling). 

RC have supported tyranny against the people, it’s own deluded followers, for 2000 years. Lately Hitler now Putin. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Fanta said:

To be realistic, Ukraine never had much of a choice about joining NATO. That big meanie Macron recently said it might take years or decades for Ukraine to be eligible to join NATO. Ukraine does have a problem with corruption, political stability as well as being arguably the poorest country in Europe. Ukraine joining NATO is akin to one ton Tanya joining the mile high club. Just ‘cause she wants it doesn’t mean she is going to get it and most Europeans would say thanks but no thanks. You gotta have standards! 

Finland & Sweden may be planning on joining NATO but that is a big change for them. Sweden has avoided military alliances for over 200 years, while Finland adopted neutrality after being defeated by the Soviet Union in World War II. Europe is uneasy about the possibility of war at home for the first time in a long time and Joe & Jolene Public view joining NATO as a no brainer. The Swedish & Finnish governments may not be as keen to join the clubhouse at this time. Perhaps it is better to sit on the fence for another 70 years and ponder things over a few meatballs while making soothing noises to the kids and paying lip service to the critics.

Sweden & Finland WILL certainly & understandably apply next week to join NATO and will of course be accepted & integrated quickly (if they are not already as existing NATO Partners).

What’s all this “ perhaps, maybe, better if” guff ? Russian invasion has left them no choice !

These nations will certainly not be bullied by Russian Gangsters nakedly & idiotically threatening their “destruction” if they join. 

UK already pledged today to fully support them both if invaded by Russia. UK Troops/ Aircraft/ Ships, whatever, the works. Russias Bluff Called ! 

• Like 2

On 5/8/2022 at 7:43 PM, EdwardV said:

Yes. Western Media are ACCOUNTABLE and Independent. Maybe 2% Lies. Tyrant Media merely propaganda arm of regime.Maybe 2% Truth !
No Equivalence. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Fanta said:

That big meanie Macron recently said it might take years or decades for Ukraine to be eligible to join NATO. Ukraine does have a problem with corruption, political stability as well as being arguably the poorest country in Europe.

Macron didn't speak about NATO, he was speaking about the EU.
Time you learn the difference.

Many EU members are in NATO, but not all. Check Austria, Ireland, Sweden and Finland.
Some NATO members are in EU, but not all. Check US, Canada, UK, Norway, Turkey...

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Alavan said:

Macron didn't speak about NATO, he was speaking about the EU.
Time you learn the difference.

Many EU members are in NATO, but not all. Check Austria, Ireland, Sweden and Finland.
Some NATO members are in EU, but not all. Check US, Canada, UK, Norway, Turkey...

NATO / Allies the most powerful military force around. EU ; Zero Military Force. 

• Like 2

On 5/3/2022 at 1:40 AM, Poolie said:

Not according to the gurus on here it hasn't. Count how many times Stalin, Hitler and even the radio propagandists are mentioned. Some people are stuck in that era.

That's why I am talking about 40 years.

A lot of time will pass before the worshippers of these dictators are replaced by people of modern consciousness.