News Forum - Ukraine’s Zelensky defies Russia’s ultimatum to lay down weapons

Thaiger

9 minutes ago, CamPat said:

Most info we get is from western media which is mostly biased. Since almost all russian and for that matter chinese news channels are banned or censored in most western countries we all judge the news with one eye duct taped. The US just a short while ago created The Ministry of Truth, followed by Elon Musk to buy Twitter in order to secure "free speech". So we are already in a 1984 Orson Wells situation in which it becomes more and more difficult to judge the truth of the content that is available to us. In this war both sides lie.... just like in any other war we've witnessed (like Iraq has Weapons of Mass destruction and the Taliban working on a dirty nuclear bomb). Therefore the numbers we hear of how many civilians and soldiers have been in the Mariupol Steelplant Bunkers are not more than speculation or propaganda or both. Once the Factory is cleared because all remaining human beings are dead we will know perhaps a little more about what's true and what was not.

The Ministry of Truth Director Nina Jankowicz

https://rumble.com/v13lyv2-ministry-of-truth-bidens-new-disinformation-governance-board-is-here-to-pro.html

enjoy

Interesting. But you fail to mention for balance that in Russia, a video of this type would not even be allowed!

https://www.npr.org/2022/03/07/1084870797/russia-has-reasserted-state-control-over-the-country-s-major-media-companies

We have to rely on brave people to go against this and tell the truth on Russian TV.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/14/russian-tv-employee-interrupts-news-broadcast-marina-ovsyannikova

The extent of bias in Russian media is screaming as is the lack of substance and back up. At least in the western press, whilst bias clearly often exists, you can at least choose what you want to hear and even know in advance if it may be biased.

https://adfontesmedia.com/

And, just for your information, I have no issue reading and watching Russian media. Regularly watch to try and see a different perspective. Seems it is not as banned as you want to think and incorrectly infer for many of us. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Fester said:

Seen Top Gun Maverick yet?

Once. We know you hold the volleyball scene as a treasured memory and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Each to their own. Was that your point? 

2 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Once. We know you have the volleyball scene as a treasured memory and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Each to their own. Was that your point? 

What volleyball scene? 

• Haha 1

@Smithydog : Well than i'm asking you what Russian Media you're watching to come to such a conclusion ?

The only way for most people in the west to watch any of Russian and even Chinese Channels is to use either TOR or VPN. Perhaps this is the norm by the users of this tread but certainly not form most people.

As for myself i don't feel the Russian newschannels like RT, TASS and Sputnik for example or CGTN of China is any different and often even more factual than the  main western media. I enjoy watching both to enable myself to get a more balanced picture.

Doesn't seem to work for everyone though.

@CamPatI read, review and watch a variety of media from all over the globe, including from the state run to the few remaining "independent" outlets. Yes, sometimes using a VPN. Other times there is no need.

You said "Most info we get is from western media which is mostly biased. Since almost all russian and for that matter chinese news channels are banned or censored in most western countries we all judge the news with one eye duct taped."

Seems now unusual for you to express that you get a "balanced picture" with such pre-conceived positions, or is it only the news you find that agrees solely with your position that you feel is unbiased and factual?

It is clear that western media is able to present, discuss and agitate a far wider set of opinions and positions than anything offered by the restrictions imposed by Russia and China, especially when the discussion is not in areas the government wants. You don't need an eye duct taped to see that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fester said:

What volleyball scene? 

2 hours ago, Fanta said:

Once. We know you hold the volleyball scene as a treasured memory and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Each to their own. Was that your point? 

I meant the new TG movie. Once? You must be talking about the original one - strange that you should remember that scene so well - as you say, each to their own. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, CamPat said:

As for myself i don't feel the Russian newschannels like RT, TASS and Sputnik for example or CGTN of China is any different and often even more factual than the  main western media. I enjoy watching both to enable myself to get a more balanced picture.

"There is no truth in Pravda and no news in Izvestia" they used to say - Russian and and Chinese news channels are run with far more state oversight than Western news channels, these will usually have a political bias, but their content and reporting is not controlled by the state. Watch both, treat both with a healthy degree of scepticism.  

Western media is privately owned and has a bias regarding domestic politics. They do not have one when it comes to reporting foreign news.

Russian and Chinese media is state owned and does have an agenda regarding both domestic and foreign news.

So when it comes to the western media reporting on the Ukraine it is fair and balanced.

Something the Czar Putin apologists on here want to disrupt and cloud. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

So when it comes to the western media reporting on the Ukraine it is fair and balanced.

lol.. and who are the sources for this “fair and balanced” news? 

1 minute ago, Fanta said:

lol.. and who are the sources for this “fair and balanced” news? 

Their own reporters on the ground.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

Their own reporters on the ground.

And who are the reporters sources? Are they scurrying up and down the front lines recording the wins and losses like an invincible Clark Kent? Or are they repeating what they are told? 

22 minutes ago, Grumpish said:

"There is no truth in Pravda and no news in Izvestia" they used to say - Russian and and Chinese news channels are run with far more state oversight than Western news channels, these will usually have a political bias, but their content and reporting is not controlled by the state. Watch both, treat both with a healthy degree of scepticism.  

Oh I do. I treat all of the media with the contempt it deserves. It's a shame the posters here seem to rely on it. After all, in an increasingly competitive world, they have to sell to exist, and they're obvious about it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fanta said:

And who are the reporters sources? Are they scurrying up and down the front lines recording the wins and losses like an invincible Clark Kent? Or are they repeating what they are told? 

Well in the case of several western journalists they have been repeatedly shot at and on occasion killed by the actions of Czar Putins thugs.

Of course there are no western journalists embedded on the Russian side because Czar Putin has forbidden their presence. Why is that?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Oh I do. I treat all of the media with the contempt it deserves. It's a shame the posters here seem to rely on it. After all, in an increasingly competitive world, they have to sell to exist, and they're obvious about it.

While all you need to buy is the Chinese state media.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Well in the case of several western journalists they have been repeatedly shot at and on occasion killed by the actions of Czar Putins thugs.

Of course there are no western journalists embedded on the Russian side because Czar Putin has forbidden their presence. Why is that?

There are Western journalists just no pro Western journalists. My point is that each side presents things the way they want you to see it. Here are 2 reports on an Azov attack on a convoy in Mariupol. The Telegraph’s report and The Russian’s report. tip: Russian Army trucks are normally green and have soldiers in them. 

• Haha 1

There are Western journalists just no pro Western journalists. My point is that each side presents things the way they want you to see it. Here are 2 reports on an Azov attack on a convoy in Mariupol. The Sun’s report and The Russian’s report. tip: Russian Army trucks are normally green and have soldiers in them. 

Without even watching the video I can tell you emphatically those are not western journalists.

Perhaps you should google their previous history.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Without even watching the video I can tell you emphatically those are not western journalists.

Perhaps you should google their previous history.

I already said it was a Russian report and a Western report. Watch the videos.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Fanta said:

I already said it was a Russian report and a Western report. Watch the videos.

Ah sorry my mistake. We were talking about western journalists NOT being embedded with Russian forces were we not?

I should have realised you would try and deflect from that.

So the question remains. Why are western journalists NOT embedded with Russian forces?

Ah sorry my mistake. We were talking about western journalists NOT being embedded with Russian forces were we not?

I should have realised you would try and deflect from that.

So the question remains. Why are western journalists NOT embedded with Russian forces?

We were not talking about Western journalists. We are talking about bias in reporting. You are deflecting. Bias exists on both sides in reporting but you think bias only applies to one and you believe everything you read in the paper about this war. No comment on the videos? Didn’t think you would. 

• Haha 1

We were not talking about Western journalists. We are talking about bias in reporting. You are deflecting. Bias exists on both sides in reporting but you think bias only applies to one and you believe everything you read in the paper about this war. No comment on the videos? Didn’t think you would. 

So surely the best way for Czar Putin to counter such bias would be for him to allow western journalists to be imbedded with his thugs?

These recognized war journalists could point out how many nazis the Russian thugs had killed, captured, tortured, raped and executed. They could demonstrate its not a war but a limited military engagement in the Donbass region and was never anywhere near Kyiv.

They could be reporting the truth and countering any bias in the west. 

So surely the best way for Czar Putin to counter such bias would be for him to allow western journalists to be imbedded with his thugs?

These recognized war journalists could point out how many nazis the Russian thugs had killed, captured, tortured, raped and executed. They could demonstrate its not a war but a limited military engagement in the Donbass region and was never anywhere near Kyiv.

They could be reporting the truth and countering any bias in the west. 

Still defecting. No bias in Western reporting and no propaganda either? Enough said. 

Just now, Fanta said:

Still defecting. No bias in Western reporting and no propaganda either? Enough said. 

You are still avoiding the question.

If Czar Putin is telling the truth along with the Russian state media surely he would be welcoming western journalists to join his thugs.

Why is this not happening?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

You are still avoiding the question.

If Czar Putin is telling the truth along with the Russian state media surely he would be welcoming western journalists to join his thugs.

Why is this not happening?

Still defecting and doing a poor job of it. I never said Russia was telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. You keep eating that propaganda pie, you are clearly addicted. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fanta said:

I think what you fail to recognise is the difference between bias and blatant lying, do you think that Russia is at war between Ukraine or are they still on a 'special military exercise' like Putin would have his citizens believe.

Russia media would be fell on like a ton of bricks if they told the truth, western journalists can report freely without any repercussions from the government, and why is that you may ask, well I'll tell you, Western media have no influence from our governments what-so-ever.

You don't come across as a naive person yourself so do you think you've been got at, do you wear a beret and shout 'power to the people' like poolie does?

• Like 2