News Forum - Ukraine’s Zelensky defies Russia’s ultimatum to lay down weapons

Thaiger

1 hour ago, EdwardV said:

I’m surprised a little with the harpoons since they have them from the UK. My first thought it they really don’t have many Neptune missiles after all. Maybe they need more harpoons or the US version is longer ranged?

The Russians have been hitting a lot of supply depots etc lately. Regardless, more is always a good thing provided someone knows how to use them. 

• Like 1

More news from the moronic Russians, they have now targeted a theatre where women and children were sheltering. They are a disgusting excuse for a military and anyone who says otherwise is totally deluded. 

Former Ambassador to Russia Andrew Wood gives his say on Sky News. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

More news from the moronic Russians

You really should title that as more propaganda including some flubbed lines from Sir Woody Woodpecker. I couldn’t find any info about Russia targeting a theatre sheltering women and children, only the March 17 attack. Got a link for that? 

Just now, Fanta said:

You really should title that as more propaganda including some flubbed lines from Sir Woody Woodpecker. I couldn’t find any info about Russia targeting a theatre sheltering women and children, only the March 17 attack. Got a link for that? 

Not interested in your pathetic excuses anymore or your deep love affair for the Russian military, you have gone past being boring. Goodbye

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

Not interested in your pathetic excuses anymore or your deep love affair for the Russian military, you have gone past being boring. Goodbye

So that’s a no to any credible link about the theatre attack? 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, socal said:

Not true. So what if Russia has capital controls now. China has capital controls on a permanent basis. And has since the 1970's. Just because foreigners cant speculate on it with leverage doesn't mean its not a legit rate.

Russia has the 6th biggest trade surplus in the world and no net debt. That's why the ccy is strong

Because they spend so little on public infrastructure, public services  or environment. Selling only Weapons & Minerals in the ground.

14 hours ago, vlad said:

let's be honest only 3 things have come out of Norway the women, Cross Country skiing there good at that, and they're good at hiding German pocket Battleships in Fjords. Has Norway ever helped in any conflicts ??  

You talk like an idiot. And like an ignorant Amerikan or the typical Brit who cannot realize time is up. 

Our women don't like snarling losers from Anglo-world. I can also tell you that we are quite good at a range of sports and activities besides cross country. Although you are correct about our skiing skills. My 4 year old niece was skiing close to Trondheim one weekend and we encountered 20 US "marines" who were going to learn skiing. They could not stand on their feet down the smallest of slopes; they could not go horizontally any faster than I used to do when I was two years. They are only here for military posturing and not "to learn winter fighting". Our local home militia regularly eat them for breakfast in small tactical exercises and I doubt very much may of them could survive a night out on their own. Complete losers and not very much of "warriors". 

"hiding pocket ships in fjords"? Where have you been? And no help in conflicts? Even though the British have done more damage to Noray since the Napoleonic age and throughout, we did sacrifice our tanking fleet to ensure the Royal Airforce got 90% of their air fuel in 1940. Thinking about it now, it was probably a big mistake. We should instead have sent out fleet to India/Afrika and kept shipping lanes there open. 

You can try to taunt and act like a complete A-ss from afar as much as you want, but behind these words, I feel pretty sure is the (not so much) beating heart of a bickering buffoon. 

We are sick and tired of the colonial overlords from the West telling us what to do. We are not afraid of Russia, nor seeking them as "friends". Nations are not "friends", but partners or neighbors. WE have to be neighbors with Russia. WE have to negotiate with Russian fishermen over preservation of the sea lanes and the fishing rights.  We are dependent upon getting access to Russian ports when there are emergences and when repairs and logistics are needed to keep our fishing fleet effective. 

Our politicians are (for the most) just as useless as the regular leaders of the West, but our people are increasingly becoming VERY tired of being used as pawns by the usual coward armchair generals in London or DC. 

• Like 1
  • Cool 2

8 hours ago, socal said:

They weren't. Ukraine isn't winning anything. Egging them on in a war that they cant win is just cruel. Its hard to find a family in Russia who doesn't have extended family in Ukraine. Russia is going slow to try and kill as few ppl as possible. They are hoping to get traunches of Ukraine soldiers to surrender. And they've had mixed results.

Russia spends the same on military/PPP as the UK, France and Germany spend nominally combined. They are using 20% of their forces in this war. Do you think the UK , France and Germany combined could not beat Ukraine ? And you really think its due to incompetence ? Why did Russia win the Syria war then ? 

Russia's military spending is between 150 and 170 billion dollars.

https://www.defensenews.com/opinion/commentary/2019/05/03/russian-defense-spending-is-much-larger-and-more-sustainable-than-it-seems/

I’ll take the informed accountable intelligence- based Pentagon account over your denials.

Russia has used its best forces and failed. Drafting in ineffective Siberian “ reserves” or border guard 4th tier types would change nothing. 

Supporting Ukrainian Decision for  homeland defense against brutal invasion victory is natural for all rational informed anti- tyrant people.

Russian wartime compassion and life- saving practice has never existed and no Evidence now.

Russian military “ spend” is quite Irrelevant. 50% goes to Putins overstuffed $250 billion personal pocket as standing oligarch agreement.perhaps 40% to the oligarchs leaving maybe 10% true spend, half of that stolen by equipment sales by bent army officers.Yes I’m exaggerating to prove the point but correct on principle ( as you well know).

Russia helped Syrian Regime to “win” their war against rag tag insurgents by massive cruel bombardment of cities. Aleppo Flattened.

As Phyrrus said after another costly win against Rome” another glorious victory like that and I shall be ruined”. If Russia does by some miracle “win” the conventional war against Ukraine, the cost would be literally ruinous. 

Fantasy NATO vs.Ukraine scenarios are daft & irrelevant. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, NorskTiger said:

Why should Russia not threaten the US Pacific fleet?

The Empire fights without skin in the game, prints the worthless dollar while the MIC continues to reap hyge profits off the deaths of slavs.  Not only is this a war USA is fighting with no cost, but they are even massively profiting. 

No skin in the game leads to situations where there are no incentives for taking  responsibility.  A president with advanced dementia and a totally deadlocked political scenery leaves USA with little to no room for maeouvres. 

If USA continues to actively take part in destruction of Russia assets, adding more strategic and tactical threats to one vulnerable aircraft carrier, or even aiding other nations in sinking one should be considered. 

What would this entail:

*A continued lack of actin by the West. NATO hawks could whine about article 5, but would probably be totally unable to do anything. USA cannot strike back without risking nuclear escalation and even the crazies in Pentagon will not see a value in nuclear war over avenging a lost carrier.

*US carrier fleet remains one of the last visible traces if their zeal for Global domination. A destruction of a US carrier would likely be hailed as a huge step towards world freedom for all the nations who are victims of the US "rules-based" order. A further political rethinking may happen in USA when thousands of US naval personell are merely slaughered like pigs. 

*Any such action would further increase the tension between the warmongers of the state department and the Pentagon. Active Naval commanders may quit or revolt as they are feeling they are being scarificed over the games of the hegemon. 

*Taiwan will start realize that the smartest action is NOT to be the sacrifical pawn of USA. 

How could such a feat be accomplised? 

Russia could sell/give hypersonic missiles to Iran/North Korea or other nations who are under constant war from USA. One could even see the Houthis in Yemen take up such  an offer. Training in use of such a weapon would be likely to succeeed as it requires a small amount of trainees and a small area to keep secret. 

This is likely to be a next step in escalation of proxy war without raising the threat of a nuclear conflict. I>f this can be done, it is more likely than not the best way for Russia to tell USA that if they (USA) can send arms and intelligence to Ukraine, which leads to death of Russian personell and destruction of Russian assets, so can Russia to the same towards USA.

Whether or not Zelensky is "defying" Russia these days is insignificant. The entire conflict is now led from Pentagon and the Arbat district. 

(This is a translated article)...

Fiction on row 5, down on the left there.

3 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

If Russia does by some miracle “win” the conventional war against Ukraine, the cost would be literally ruinous. 

For Ukraine, ruinous indeed. On that note there have a lot more mumbles about peace talks lately. Even Poocan said a few days ago he was open to talks. He also said he wouldn’t invade Ukraine so…. Zelenskky still insists on face to face meeting. He must be hoping for a Mortal Kombat fatality blow if he can just make it all the way down the table. Donbas is vital. 

21 minutes ago, NorskTiger said:

You talk like an idiot. And like an ignorant Amerikan or the typical Brit who cannot realize time is up. 

Our women don't like snarling losers from Anglo-world. I can also tell you that we are quite good at a range of sports and activities besides cross country. Although you are correct about our skiing skills. My 4 year old niece was skiing close to Trondheim one weekend and we encountered 20 US "marines" who were going to learn skiing. They could not stand on their feet down the smallest of slopes; they could not go horizontally any faster than I used to do when I was two years. They are only here for military posturing and not "to learn winter fighting". Our local home militia regularly eat them for breakfast in small tactical exercises and I doubt very much may of them could survive a night out on their own. Complete losers and not very much of "warriors". 

"hiding pocket ships in fjords"? Where have you been? And no help in conflicts? Even though the British have done more damage to Noray since the Napoleonic age and throughout, we did sacrifice our tanking fleet to ensure the Royal Airforce got 90% of their air fuel in 1940. Thinking about it now, it was probably a big mistake. We should instead have sent out fleet to India/Afrika and kept shipping lanes there open. 

You can try to taunt and act like a complete A-ss from afar as much as you want, but behind these words, I feel pretty sure is the (not so much) beating heart of a bickering buffoon. 

We are sick and tired of the colonial overlords from the West telling us what to do. We are not afraid of Russia, nor seeking them as "friends". Nations are not "friends", but partners or neighbors. WE have to be neighbors with Russia. WE have to negotiate with Russian fishermen over preservation of the sea lanes and the fishing rights.  We are dependent upon getting access to Russian ports when there are emergences and when repairs and logistics are needed to keep our fishing fleet effective. 

Our politicians are (for the most) just as useless as the regular leaders of the West, but our people are increasingly becoming VERY tired of being used as pawns by the usual coward armchair generals in London or DC. 

Your rant is your rant. It's more rubbish and certainly not the opinion of the majority of Norwegian people. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fester said:

It's more rubbish and certainly not the opinion of the majority of Norwegian people. 

Fastest opinion poll ever! 

• Haha 2

Lot's of weaponry knowledge (in theory anyway) here. How about shifting to "how to secure a peace deal" that let's the world get back to normal (i know that there will never ever be the Old-normal again) but trying to find a solution would be worth it.

The problem we're facing is not Ukraine/Russia but a lot larger geopolitical mess instigated by the US. Even back in Soviet Times the US think tanks were busy to find a way to break up the than Soviet Union. This program has simply shifted to "how to break up the Russian Federation". This would provide smaller, more vunerable states that can easy be internally devided (color revolution anyone ?) , than rescued by the "free, democratic world, lead by the US/UK and finally be exploited by the very same. The next targets are already on the list since the fall of the Soviet Union and we've seen the actions in Georgia, Kazakstan and now even more in Nagoro/Karabach, Transnistria, officially the Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic (PMR) etc. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transnistria

One has to keep in mind that right back after the fall of the Soviet Union Biden's son was active in Ukraine. Say no more.

My take is that if the two big Players Russia and the US don't come to an agreement we will see ongoing wars for the next decades to come. I also think that it's only a question of time before the big US-China War will start. Western Politicians and the Mass Media don't seem to be interested in any PEACE Solution. For them it's all about WINNING/DESTROYING the opponent. Expect many more people to die around the globe. Our leaders simply don't give a fiddlers f..t.

The War Pot is cooking also in the IRAN/ISRAEL/Palestine section. My bet is that there will be NO deal simply because Israel isn't interested. They want to not only have the entire cake but eat it to.

Meanwhile we are experiencing a rocket rise in prices and inflation which will put those in safe places in the western world in dire conditions, too. Expect more homeless fed by foodbanks, soon.

INTERACTIVE-NATO-in-Europe-map-updated.jpg

Palestine -Ethnic-cleansing.jpg

22 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

I’ll take the informed accountable intelligence- based Pentagon account over your denials.

Russia has used its best forces and failed. Drafting in ineffective Siberian “ reserves” or border guard 4th tier types would change nothing. 

Supporting Ukrainian Decision for  homeland defense against brutal invasion victory is natural for all rational informed anti- tyrant people.

Russian wartime compassion and life- saving practice has never existed and no Evidence now.

Russian military “ spend” is quite Irrelevant. 50% goes to Putins overstuffed $250 billion personal pocket as standing oligarch agreement.perhaps 40% to the oligarchs leaving maybe 10% true spend, half of that stolen by equipment sales by bent army officers.Yes I’m exaggerating to prove the point but correct on principle ( as you well know).

Russia helped Syrian Regime to “win” their war against rag tag insurgents by massive cruel bombardment of cities. Aleppo Flattened.

As Phyrrus said after another costly win against Rome” another glorious victory like that and I shall be ruined”. If Russia does by some miracle “win” the conventional war against Ukraine, the cost would be literally ruinous. 

Fantasy NATO vs.Ukraine scenarios are daft & irrelevant. 

Are you so sure Siberian reserves" are so inefficient? We are not talking about US border personell here... However, not that there is any truth to what you are saying to begin with. If Russia needs to draft reserves, Ukriane needs cannon fodder from abroad. Russia has now increasingly changed the warfare to one where they use as much standoff weapons as possible and spare ground troops in costly assaults. When it comes to "4th tier" you must be talking about US cops; "national guardsmen" or the millions of "veterans" with PTSD from having to fight goat herders. 

The Syrian government REQUESTED Russian troops to legally enter their country and aid the legitimate government. It was the Western-backed Wahhabbi forces who infiltrated the cities and practice braod ethnic cleansing who did the destruction, You are still angry that the West failed to topple Assad, so they could take over the country and lay pipelines from Quatar through the country into Turkey and then Europe. Now, that option is lost and another source of cheaper energy supplies is gone. 

When it comes to "Phyrrus", I don't think you could describe or elaborate over a single of his battles if it was about your life and you had a computer with internet connection right in front of you. Just more cheap rhetoric that is backed by empty understanding of strategy and conflict. 

Of course you will believe the liars from Pentagon over real information. That is all you can afford to believe in. So you believe the same people who talked about Iraqi troops throwing infants out of incubators; "weapons of mass destruction"; Afghan government is safe (two weeks before they were not) and that Libya is now a stable democracy. 

You don't need to throw in references to ancient battles to prove your understanding of history. It is embarrassing to read your shallow descriptions and the laughable analogies you are coming with. 

When it comes to history, I probably have forgotten more than you will ever be able to learn (and understand). It is obvious the shallow schooling you have obtained is everything but old. 

• Haha 2
  • Cool 1

10 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Nobody can make "unbiased" polls quicker than Western media and the ango internet trolls who know nothing. 

The Anglo-Americans are simply very stupid people and have (for the most) always been. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NorskTiger said:

Nobody can make "unbiased" polls quicker than Western media and the ango internet trolls who know nothing. 

The Anglo-Americans are simply very stupid people and have (for the most) always been. 

Are you drunk when you write your xenophobic bigoted posts because nobody sober could write such caustic drivel, you must sweat hate. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fester said:

Your rant is your rant. It's more rubbish and certainly not the opinion of the majority of Norwegian people. 

Oh dear Tiger you are always the bridesmaid and never the bride. How long was it you capitulated hours or days when Germany walked in without a shot? lol we surrender please don't bomb us.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fanta said:

If you believe the story, and I do due to a lack of any other theory, Russia didn’t shoot down the plane, pro Russian separatists did. Regardless it was an accident and a tragic loss of life. No-one in their right mind targets, identifies and then shoots down a commercial airliner because it is passing by.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_airliner_shootdown_incidents

Some accidents need further investigation such as the March incident when a Romanian fighter jet crashed and the Romanian helicopter sent to search for it also had an unscheduled rapid disassembly. Both in Ukrainian air space. Western media is rather quiet about that apart from blaming it on bad weather.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/3/3/army-helicopter-fighter-jet-crash-in-romania-killing-all-crew

Wrong again. Both in Romanian air space. Attacks from the Ukraine or Russia were unlikely on aircraft still 50+km inside the Romanian border. Western media should be quiet, like you, while the investigation that you are so keen on, is still ongoing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

Are you drunk when you write your xenophobic bigoted posts because nobody sober could write such caustic drivel, you must sweat hate. 

Yep, the stench even leaks through the internet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Fanta said:

That's my opinion of the attitude of the many Norwegian people I have met and talked to over decades. So, yes, a type of opinion poll, slowly gathered but quickly delivered. It was easy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anyway back on Topic, it didn't take long for the Russian forces to break the ceasefire did it ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, NorskTiger said:

The bias from the Norwegians have I spoken to was all definitely pro Anglo-American-European, yes. Maybe that's why Norway is in NATO?? I must admit I did not get around to talking to anyone from Kirkenes.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fester said:

Wrong again. Both in Romanian air space. Attacks from the Ukraine or Russia were unlikely on aircraft still 50+km inside the Romanian border. Western media should be quiet, like you, while the investigation that you are so keen on, is still ongoing.

Korean 747 with 269 passengers was shot down by a Soviet fighter after straying into Russian airspace. The Pilot of the fighter later said in a documentary he trailed the 747 and identified it as a passenger aircraft but he was ordered to shoot it down.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, vlad said:

Anyway back on Topic, it didn't take long for the Russian forces to break the ceasefire did it ??

Stop embarrassing  yourself and check your sources for a change. That was posted 1 month ago. 

2 minutes ago, vlad said:

Korean 747 with 269 passengers was shot down by a Soviet fighter after straying into Russian airspace. The Pilot of the fighter later said in a documentary he trailed the 747 and identified it as a passenger aircraft but he was ordered to shoot it down.

007 - yes - sad.