Great Covers

Thaidup

17 hours ago, lspab said:

One thing I have noticed about most of the old singers, is they all seem to be tall, 6'3" plus. Back in the day of when real men where real men, except for Sonny, I think his missus was taller than him, from memory her name was Cher?😀

18 hours ago, Thaidup said:

One thing I have noticed about most of the old singers, is they all seem to be tall, 6'3" plus. Back in the day of when real men where real men, except for Sonny, I think his missus was taller than him, from memory her name was Cher?😀

What, did you actually meet all these old singers yourself, or are you dependant upon camera trickery from your days, that made people appear taller? I'm not sure what  you meant by "real men being real men".

The previous generation invented platform shoes to make them look taller. Dave Grohl is the same height as Elvis Presely, and both were much taller than Frank Sinatra. Liberace was relatively tallish, Rock Hudson was a towering 1.93cm. Anthony Perkins was also very tall, at 1.87cm. Long John Baldry; obviously named because of his 6'7" height. I mention all these names of tall past celebrities/singers, because they might not some definitions of what a man is.

Men in the 21st Century are taller than the malnourished 20th Century Man. Americans are 5cm taller than they were a century ago. The British are 9cm taller. The Australians are 10.5cm taller. The Australian gain is probably morebecause of the influx of immigrants from malnourished parts of the world.

• Like 1

Following Ispab's lead here, I don't find as great but maybe better? definatley not a great song to start with but F-it I remember Kylie when I was younger and she was hot 👍👍👍

On 4/4/2022 at 8:31 AM, Thaidup said:

Post what you feel are great covers of some great songs,

I just had a browse through the thread and found it very interesting. The word “great” is very subjective when it comes to music, obviously 😂

Some great songs with truly lousy covers. Also, some not so great songs and not so great covers. But that’s music right? Very subjective. I think it’s very rare to find a great song that has a great cover. Anyhow, here is one such pair:

• Like 1

This one might blow you both away, (Issy & Biggy)🖕I came across this cover tonight from a multi million dollar rap singer, singing an old rock song from the 1980's.🖕 a good effort, but lacking in oomph

We will see, but I can almost bet on Kenye's version of the song being deleted from YT?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaidup said:

This one might blow you both away, (Issy & Biggy)🖕I came across this cover tonight from a multi million dollar rap singer, singing an old rock song from the 1980's.🖕 a good effort, but lacking in oomph

We will see, but I can almost bet on Kenye's version of the song being deleted from YT?

Bizarre stuff. Actually more similar to Puff Daddy’s earlier track from the Godzilla soundtrack than the original Kashmir. Here it is:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Bizarre stuff. Actually more similar to Puff Daddy’s earlier track from the Godzilla soundtrack than the original Kashmir. Here it is:

Nah, they both just don't work with that song, maybe if Kurt Cobain tried it back then?