Great Covers

Thaidup

The Foo Fighters are probably the world's greatest cover band. Besides their own pantheon of songs, they've covered an electic mix of other bands/artists, including Nivarna (of course), Gary Newman, Gerry Rafferty, AC/DC,  and the Bee Gees

• Like 1

Not really a cover, but rare. Dave Grohl, to a bcking track, reprising his drumming on a classic. 52 year old Grohl playing like 22 year old Grohl (Animal personified).

Edited by lspab
  • Like 1

On 9/14/2022 at 2:01 PM, lspab said:

The Foo Fighters are probably the world's greatest cover band. Besides their own pantheon of songs, they've covered an electic mix of other bands/artists, including Nivarna (of course), Gary Newman, Gerry Rafferty, AC/DC,  and the Bee Gees

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-57524428

Have to give it them, they are pretty good covers.👍

Although maybe someone should do a cover of the Foos best song😀

And if I ever got together with some forum members for a party, I would want to it to be with Ispab for enjoying music👍

On 9/14/2022 at 2:29 PM, lspab said:

Not really a cover, but rare. Dave Grohl, to a bcking track, reprising his drumming on a classic. 52 year old Grohl playing like 22 year old Grohl (Animal personified).

It is funny how tastes change as you grow older, my favorite Nirvana song 30 years ago was "come as you are". Had to play it every day in the car to and from work, Now i'm leaning towards "Smells"

On 9/14/2022 at 2:16 PM, lspab said:

The Mighty Dave Grohl covering Elton John

Yuk, the first minute is like he is explaining how he got raped by that guy and then he talks about as if being in a kiddy pool and that guy comes behind him with a towel, after that his voice sounds like a scream for help then settles as if he realized what he just said.

Not too sure, but I think Elton had some issues too regarding the same kind of abuse?

• Angry 1

Am I following in Ispad shoes now? 😀 I found that Motorhead cover of Bowie than the next suggested video was this cover of The Stones, Sympathy for the Devil, and I like it, I like it a lot😀

4 hours ago, Thaidup said:

Although maybe someone should do a cover of the Foos best song

LOL, looking through my phone for something else, I found this from Foo Fighters

And no-one could cover this song😀, the music video from back then is worth not having a cover anyway.👍

23 hours ago, Thaidup said:

LOL, looking through my phone for something else, I found this from Foo Fighters

And no-one could cover this song😀, the music video from back then is worth not having a cover anyway.👍

• Like 1