News Forum - UKRAINE UPDATES

Thaiger

5 minutes ago, Fanta said:

It’s called propaganda and if you think only the Russians use it then you probably believe everything you read in the Western press. Russia shouldn’t be there, I have never said otherwise. And you and others are always with the “innocents getting killed” statements as if taking the outraged moral high ground makes your other observations beyond reproach. It doesn’t. Using that sad fact to beat people down that you disagree with over other subjects is distasteful. Zelenskyy rarely misses an opportunity to mention civilians deaths, and rightly so, however he is not so forthcoming about Ukraine military losses. Propaganda. 

Fanta simple Question, If you enter into a war who do you fight against? opposing forces or none military targets ?. If you engage opposing troops that's War, if staying well away from opposing troops and aiming shells, and raining missiles into a city center killing civilians what is that called.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Fanta said:

It’s called propaganda and if you think only the Russians use it then you probably believe everything you read in the Western press. Russia shouldn’t be there, I have never said otherwise. And you and others are always with the “innocents getting killed” statements as if taking the outraged moral high ground makes your other observations beyond reproach. It doesn’t. Using that sad fact to beat people down that you disagree with over other subjects is distasteful. Zelenskyy rarely misses an opportunity to mention civilians deaths, and rightly so, however he is not so forthcoming about Ukraine military losses. Propaganda. 

I know it is called "propaganda" I just cannot understand you feel the need to bring it up, is it that important to you, put some meat on the bone instead of concentrating on triviality.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vlad said:

Fanta simple Question, If you enter into a war who do you fight against? opposing forces or none military targets ?. If you engage opposing troops that's War, if staying well away from opposing troops and aiming shells, and raining missiles into a city center killing civilians what is that called.

Has there ever been a war that just involved opposing troops fighting each other?

Well maybe in the days when they rode horses and carried swords

Apart from then all modern warfare wrongly involves innocent civilians dying

15 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

according to the rules, if you call it a fact, you must provide evidence.

People are sick of providing you with evidence only to take a walk around the houses and ending up at the front door again.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, vlad said:

Has your news reported the sinking of the ORSK while it was docked in Berdyansk ? comrade and have they reported on the Russian armor that was filmed burnt out ?? by ALL western media ?? tell me it's fake and you will show us all what you are. Unless of course that's not allowed on Russian tv.

if it's me...

I don't watch TV. Of course I know about this.

There are even satellite images.

IMG_20220326_165000_120.thumb.jpg.b9bbbef22f05f0bdf0ca8b1ae9298392.jpg

11 minutes ago, JohnC said:

But I thought the Ukraine army was kicking the Russians arses and driving their useless army back according to what I read on here

Been widely reported, who do you wish to believe...up to you.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

I know it is called "propaganda" I just cannot understand you feel the need to bring it up, is it that important to you, put some meat on the bone instead of concentrating on triviality.

Because many people are trotting out news as being facts beyond reproach while failing to acknowledge that both sides are telling porky pies. As per the comment I initially replied to. 1,300 dead vs 16,000 dead with the assumption being made that Russia must be lying. They both are. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marble-eye said:

Been widely reported, who do you wish to believe...up to you.

Yeah but you called it a one sided bloody war so make your mind up

On 3/7/2022 at 10:07 AM, Fester said:

link please??????

us and nato special forces with their weapons work underground on the side of ukraine ...ukraine themselves unable to stop russians ( see krim ) so since krim they turned to us for help...now after eight years training and arming up the ukraines ... we are 5 min away of ww3...

but nevertheless see who started it all .....it was RUSSIA alone when they invaded the krim 2014...

so russia started ww3 ....

the us is happy to join cause europe in debris and  ruins ( see how parts of ukraine look like now this is coming for germany and the others ,)..

final stage europe and russia 4 th world 10 percent population left ...a nuclear winter...us has all the russian resources for themselves  ...and colonize the place...

china might pick the eastern part of russia siberia etc...

maybe another peace award in the pipe ??

nobody needs the arabs anymore...no demand for their black gold...back to the camels roaming the desserts again

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Fanta said:

Because many people are trotting out news as being facts beyond reproach while failing to acknowledge that both sides are telling porky pies. As per the comment I initially replied to. 1,300 dead vs 16,000 dead with the assumption being made that Russia must be lying. They both are. 

Forget the both sides, only one side should not be there. Personally I am more bothered about the innocents getting killed than if we have exactly got the numbers correct, so should everyone else.

• Like 1

Note from the Moderators

Despite an earlier polite request to included a URL link to supporting information when stating or inferring a fact, too many bold statements of fact are appearing without these!

Come on members. We can do better and be responsible in our discussion. It is not that hard.

Misinformation and Disinformation abounds in times of situations like this and all of us like to get our opinions across. The opportunity is there to do so. Just back it up please and help the Moderators to try and avoid members being misled.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Yeah but you called it a one sided bloody war so make your mind up

I hope you don't mind if I'm not going to play your petty games.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marble-eye said:

I hope you don't mind if I'm not going to play your petty games.

Not at all would just like to see a bit of consistency and not contradictory in the posts 

Just now, JohnC said:

Not at all would just like to see a bit of consistency and not contradictory in the posts 

Block me then you'll get your wish, perleeeeeease.

Just now, Marble-eye said:

Block me then you'll get your wish, perleeeeeease.

Nah grown men blocking people or requesting people to block them on an Internet forum is rather sad in my opinion. 

That's not my game sorry

Just now, JohnC said:

Nah grown men blocking people or requesting people to block them on an Internet forum is rather sad in my opinion. 

That's not my game sorry

No your game John is attacking other posters, that is all you do, I was surprised the way you attacked another poster because he was German, it was good that your posts were removed as these posts probably will be, now grow up and join in the debate if you like.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

No your game John is attacking other posters, that is all you do, I was surprised the way you attacked another poster because he was German, it was good that your posts were removed as these posts probably will be, now grow up and join in the debate if you like.

Erm not really attacking anyone. 

He attacks everyone so I just gave him a taste of his own medicine but in a more polite and respectful way. 

I am not aware of any of the posts being deleted but I trust the moderators to do a good job.

This is hardly a debate either and if it is its very one sided. 

Lots of old boys think they're fighting this war themselves from behind their keyboards gonna give themselves a heart attack if they carry on. 

You're asking me to block you and telling me to grow up?

See contradictory again

Enjoy the rest of your day

48 minutes ago, dingdong said:

us and nato special forces with their weapons work underground on the side of ukraine ...ukraine themselves unable to stop russians ( see krim ) so since krim they turned to us for help...now after eight years training and arming up the ukraines ... we are 5 min away of ww3...

but nevertheless see who started it all .....it was RUSSIA alone when they invaded the krim 2014...

the us is happy to join cause europe in debris and  ruins ( see how parts of ukraine look like now this is coming for germany and the others ,)..

final stage europe and russia 4 th world 10 percent population left ...a nuclear winter...us has all the russian resources for themselves  ...and colonize the place...

nobody needs the arabs anymore...no demand for their black gold...back to the camels roaming the desserts again

Have you been testing this peace award pipe? Why did you quote my post of nearly 3 weeks ago to add this array of rubbish and guesswork? I was asking someone else for a link to show that NATO member country fighters were being transferred to the Ukraine.

It's OK, you can exhale now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, dingdong said:

3 hours ago, KRLMRX said:

if it's me...

I don't watch TV. Of course I know about this.

There are even satellite images.

IMG_20220326_165000_120.thumb.jpg.b9bbbef22f05f0bdf0ca8b1ae9298392.jpg

This doesn’t look like a navy vessel. Container, bulker or something, and just problems with engine, to much oxygen not enough bunkers?

8 hours ago, Alavan said:

This doesn’t look like a navy vessel. Container, bulker or something, and just problems with engine, to much oxygen not enough bunkers?

provide other photos that look like.

27 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

provide other photos that look like.

Why must I provide other photos?

you showed a photo and I said that for me this isn’t a navy vessel. Navy vessels don’t have hatchcoamings like that, plus their deck is generally black or gray, not redbrown. 
At the end of the quay is a vessel that could be navy, but there seems to be somme dammage at the tanks ashore

• Like 3

13 hours ago, KRLMRX said:

if CNN reported that the Russian army shot a 9-year-old girl, this is not evidence.  learn the meaning of the word "evidence"

Someone shot the kid.

It would never have happened if Czar Putin had not illegally invaded the Ukraine.

• Like 4

<off-topic content deleted>

<derogatory comment re another member deleted>

Edited by KaptainRob
Refer Forum Guidelines

7 hours ago, Alavan said:

Why must I provide other photos?

because it was you who announced the defeat of a certain ship.  those are the rules.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1