Yearly Statement Needed For Marriage Extension.

Bangkok

I was told by a tourist police at Phuket Town immigration office that a yearly bank statement is now needed to apply for a marriage visa.

Anyone know why this is? It used to be a 3 months statement.

Edited by Bangkok

Thought you were applying this week past!

Depends whether your using the 40K per month overseas transfers, in which case a 12 month statement is required, but if using the 400K funds a 3 month statement should be sufficient.

Your applying to extend your 'permission of stay' based on Thai spouse, which is a permit, not a Visa.

• 1 month later...

I used monthly transfer from a foreign source for my Non O retirement renewal yesterday. Was super easy. I had  credit advices for each month which she looked at first then she looked at the yearly statement and saw my monthly deposits exceeded the required amount (65k / m for me). She seemed pleased. She also checked the house registration and passport copied. She said well done and had me sign every page. All and all it was very pleasant. Kasikorn Bank charged me 300 baht for the 12 months of statement  plus 100 baht for the letter.

Marriage extensions are a little harder but still not bad. The require pictures in front of your house etc. and an initial home visit but nothing to fret about. I believe they need to go to Bangkok for approval so a return trip to pick up your passport might be required.

All in all they were very efficient and friendly. They even asked my wife where I learned to speak Thai well. She told them my Northern Thai wasn't as good but he still tries. 

1 hour ago, LoongFred said:

I believe they need to go to Bangkok for approval so a return trip to pick up your passport might be required.

They get approved at the regional office for you location.
My marriage extensions are approved by Khon Kaen regional headquarters.

• Like 1

It is my understanding the immigration office you apply at determines the requirement.

6 month statement for Chiang Mai and full copy of bank book.

Chiang Mai offers appointments where you can choose available time and date. Was there last week and everything done in 40 minutes. Pick up date is the same as previous years to account for full calendar year. 

Edited by Disenfranchised

22 hours ago, Disenfranchised said:

It is my understanding the immigration office you apply at determines the requirement.

6 month statement for Chiang Mai and full copy of bank book.

Chiang Mai offers appointments where you can choose available time and date. Was there last week and everything done in 40 minutes. Pick up date is the same as previous years to account for full calendar year. 

I asked when i did my 90 day report. The IO gave me a form that spelled out what was needed andvit said 12 months of bank statements plus letter. I showed this to my banker. Very smooth. 

I'd upload the checklist but it's in Thai.

23 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

I asked when i did my 90 day report. The IO gave me a form that spelled out what was needed andvit said 12 months of bank statements plus letter. I showed this to my banker. Very smooth. 

I'd upload the checklist but it's in Thai.

If your using the 40K transfer income method, then you need a 12 month bank statement.

If you use the 400K in the bank method only a 3 month statement should be requested as the requirement is for the for the funds to be in the bank for 2 months only prior to the date of application.