The 'Lady Ghislaine' . . . .

TorquayFan

37 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

Each country has it's own standards that apply to people in that country.

We should always keep this in mind as how we view, treat and opine toward lesser than 🤨 civilisations.  

On 1/8/2022 at 5:18 PM, Rain said:

We should always keep this in mind as how we view, treat and opine toward lesser than 🤨 civilisations.  

What do you mean? Or is it you view yourself as  a snob. I do. 

• Haha 1

On 1/8/2022 at 12:06 PM, JohninDublin said:

Don't shoot the messenger please. I should not have to explain any of this to anyone.

No Ad Hominem intended. You explained the reality. Perfectly teed up my personal fantasy of how things “ should be “…… but never will be.

• Thanks 1

Apparently a financial settlement will not be enough to satisfy Miss Giuffre - https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jan/13/virginia-giuffre-unlikely-to-accept-settlement-to-end-prince-andrew-lawsuit

Will this be enough ? https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jan/13/veterans-ask-queen-to-strip-prince-andrew-of-honorary-military-titles

Many wonder why she has waited 20 years to pursue this matter - has she already spent the $500,000 settlement given to her by Epstein ? No excuses for Andrew, good riddance I say. BUT, the then Miss Roberts, was not a minor at their first meet, being 17. She apparently rejoiced at the way it went, saying to another 'victim', that she "got to 'be with' him" (edited) - as if was quite a happy achievement in fact. This was a savvy young Lady, dancing at Tramps, enjoying the glamour, riches and excitement of the scene, and having fun. All of her own Adult decisions.

When their meets moved to a different location where the age of consent was higher, I wonder what the legal position is - that relationship already being sexually established in a 'legal' location ? There must be thousands of couples in the USA who first 'joined' legally in Countries where the consent age was lower, but continued on arriving in the USA . . .  I wonder what their position is ?

IMHO, Giuffre is on a ruthless money grabbing exercise and I hope she gets nothing more. Andrew is ruined anyway. The Royal Family can't escape it. What a mess !

On 1/8/2022 at 12:15 PM, LoongFred said:

Sorry but there is nothing special about Andrew.  Just a common sleazebag. I don't understand why people are concerned about him.

No “concern” about him has been stated…..anywhere. Loathed in UK for many years for unethical behaviour of all kinds: his life in process of being razed to the ground. With or without court case. btw nobody needs to be “elected” to change laws & stating reasonable opinion here, without advocating law change, is not “pissing in the wind”. ….and subject is Andrew, not me. 

He is clearly being prosecuted for financial gain because of who he is, not for what he did. If she had been over consent age, her charge would simply be rape not statutory rape. thousands of guys must have had sex with underage/ trafficked girls in NYC in last 20 years. maybe a handful prosecuted if caught in sting by police perhaps. Not otherwise. Unless famous. Interesting who these other named eight guys are though…..

9 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

I wonder if Randy Andy (now as a civilian) will spill the beans on the likes of Kevin Spacey, Bill ("I have a huge cigar!") Clinton and Donald Trump!!?? They were all at it, no doubt... "Shagathon Island!!!!"

"Fun and sunshine, there's enough sex for everyone!

All that is missing is the sea.... don't you worry... you can suntan!!"  

This whole Epstein/Maxwell affair runs very very deep. 

Classified and covered up - national security style.

8 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

Ghislaine Maxwell should write a book...It truly would be the "World's BESTSELLER!" The "info" she must have on OTHERS!!!! OMG!!! She has the power to destroy huge "establishments!!"

And how long would she stay alive in jail if she tried to do that do you think? I wouldn't give her a month before she, rather conveniently,  'committed suicide'. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2022 at 5:40 AM, Bifrost said:

... girls are flattered when they are together with older rich guys.    

Especially when the "guy" has status.

On 1/18/2022 at 1:26 PM, Pinetree said:

And how long would she stay alive in jail if she tried to do that do you think? I wouldn't give her a month before she, rather conveniently,  'committed suicide'. 

If she does represent such a threat, then as long as she is alive that remains a threat. On that basis, she has to be "suicided". That is not to say that I necessarily believe she will be or that Epstein was.

Sorry but there is nothing special about Andrew.  Just a common sleazebag. I don't understand why people are concerned about him.

Of course he’s “special” but nobody is “concerned” about him except his close family I suppose. 

• 3 weeks later...

So the case ends with an out of court settlement. I have no sympathy for Andrew, but I am struggling to think of any crimes he might have committed.

I believe Giuffre insofar as I strongly suspect that sex did take place. If I'm right, then Andrew's big mistake was to lie about it. Had he not done so, he could have plausibly said, "I had no idea that this self-confessed procurer was trafficked when I met her". 

• Like 1