News Forum - First local Omicron case, officials consider cancelling quarantine exemption Test & Go

Thaiger

Just now, Rain said:

Nah.

Not gonna happen.

There's a 50/50 chance after the Super Spreader called new years where Mr. Opera is coming and gives us new free Omicron.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, palooka said:

My bad, slack after lack sleep after a big family day yesterday.

My mistake too - apparently he was the pilot who tested positive, whose wife has now also tested positive.

So is it that retro testing specifically for Omicron found this case or did he report sick or ?

Given that this variant is known to have evaded detection it is very likely it is amongst us already.

Abandoning the Test and Go formula will not deter further local spread and now more specific testing for the variant is possible then less of a reactionary priority .

I and my wife have of last week recovered from a rapid onset viral infection 12 days after initial onset that presented symptomatically as a "common cold" but lingered suspiciously  longer. In no way am I suggesting it was covid of any variety but since the appearance of covid-19 nobody including myself in the local community has suffered even a sniffle since January 2020 which incidentally was when a symptomatically different infection was also widespread in the local community. We limit our social contact outside of local community here in rural Isaan but in the normal course of events do come in contact with returning extended family from equally extended locations including International.I would point out  we are both double AZ vaxed since mid October.

Interestingly I am not aware of any presentation of statistical evidence involving the incidence of identified influenza strain infections or even the "common cold" which can be attributed to a spread of  viral definitions which 20% of are also a coronavirus in the overall Thai population in the last 12 months.

Such evidence  may exist  but preoccupation with Sars Covid 2 seems to have  buried any comparative references.

I am definitely not anti vax but I am very pro honest transparency ! I am becoming increasingly sympathetic, not to the anti vax ideology , but to the suspicion "democratically elected" institutions are milking naive subjects based on the directives of the shadow control of corporate influence.

There will be those that will at very least admonishing me for making comment leading to doubt. But consider the progression of reaction and impact. Where has the concentration of  accusation of either deliberate or careless containment of no less than an artificial virus emanating from a nation where the original virus could have equally have surfaced under natural conditions such as have occurred with ongoing mutations? Is that because if an artificial product funded  by sources located where such interference has been deemed but not actually banned or is it a completely natural product of the weakening bio structure created by industrial contamination ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Rain said:

Nah.

Not gonna happen.

Though, I could see a new profitable opportunity advantage from the new and invented scare - as it's currently being adopted in the West.....again and again.

Shutting down the economy is a profitable opportunity for who?

• Like 2

Companies selling masks, test kits, vaccines & associated products.

Some have already increased their wealth, connected politicians included.

Not referring to Th specifically.

A  new world order, whether we like it or not - more restrictions & control, less freedom & space to play. The top of the wealth pyramid is getting fatter, the bottom struggles to feed.

It is not going to revert back to pre-covid terms.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Shutting down the economy is a profitable opportunity for who?

Good question. But over ridden by populist rhetoric about "protecting the population".

The virus is an undeniable factor of  current global influence. So is the manipulation of  social misconceptions

The mentality is contained in the following musical link although sideways to topic ! lolhttps://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=song+never+let+a+chance+go+by+oh+lord

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Convert54 said:

Good question. But over ridden by populist rhetoric about "protecting the population".

The virus is an undeniable factor of  current global influence. So is the manipulation of  social misconceptions

The mentality is contained in the following musical link although sideways to topic ! lolhttps://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=song+never+let+a+chance+go+by+oh+lord

The usual false and invented panic as seen everywhere currently. 

14 minutes ago, astro said:

Companies selling masks, test kits, vaccines & associated products.

Some have already increased their wealth, connected politicians included.

Not referring to Th specifically.

A  new world order, whether we like it or not - more restrictions & control, less freedom & space to play. The top of the wealth pyramid is getting fatter, the bottom struggles to feed.

It is not going to revert back to pre-covid terms.

They already had that BEFORE omnicron hit.

I will tell you who is making a small fortune lately.

The manufacturers of tinfoil.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, palooka said:

So he was in country some 7 days and  I would assume he  had multiple tests for Covid during those seven days particularly before he left quarantine sandbox,  3 days later (total 10 since arrival) after he has visited a shop and a mall he contracts Covid.  3 days later his wife has Covid also. 

I think he got it at the Mall.  Possibly a 3 day incubation period.

His PCR test on arrival on 26 November was negative.

He then had ATK tests on 2 and 6 December that were also negative.

He was then given a PCR test on 7 December that was positive, which when checked was Omicron.

Given that, the most likely  probability is that he had it on arrival but as it was Omicron and his viral load would have been low early it wasn't detected; the ATK tests are unlikely to have registered Omicron, so it wasn't until he had a PCR test that it registered.

The 'system' obviously failed. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stonker said:

His PCR test on arrival on 26 November was negative.

He then had ATK tests on 2 and 6 December that were also negative.

He was then given a PCR test on 7 December that was positive, which when checked was Omicron.

Given that, the most likely  probability is that he had it on arrival but as it was Omicron and his viral load would have been low early it wasn't detected; the ATK tests are unlikely to have registered Omicron, so it wasn't until he had a PCR test that it registered.

The 'system' obviously failed. 

If he arrived on the 26th November and was negative for 11 days before testing positive then he most definitely caught the virus in Thailand. Surely that's not even up for debate? There's not a chance he would be negative for 11 days if he had the virus. I contracted the virus on a Saturday evening and tested positive 2 days later. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rangers said:

If he arrived on the 26th November and was negative for 11 days before testing positive then he most definitely caught the virus in Thailand. Surely that's not even up for debate? There's not a chance he would be negative for 11 days if he had the virus. I contracted the virus on a Saturday evening and tested positive 2 days later. 

Wrong.

He wasn't "negative for 11 days" but after his initial test on 26 November he only had ATK tests until 7 December when he had a PCR test.

That's why most countries had / have a 14 day quarantine period - and if you "definitely" know the full incubation period for Omicron, and appear to think it can be found reliably with ATK tests, maybe you should pass your findings on as no-one else does, so I'm sure your findings based on your sample of one, who didn't have Omicron, will be given all the respect they deserve. 

8 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Wrong.

He wasn't "negative for 11 days" but after his initial test on 26 November he only had ATK tests until 7 December when he had a PCR test.

That's why most countries had / have a 14 day quarantine period - and if you "definitely" know the full incubation period for Omicron, and appear to think it can be found reliably with ATK tests, maybe you should pass your findings on as no-one else does, so I'm sure your findings based on your sample of one, who didn't have Omicron, will be given all the respect they deserve. 

You might just talk the most sh*te the Internet has ever seen, and that's saying something. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yet again more ridiculous fear mongering propaganda and unfounded panic. 

There is no legitimate reason for lockdowns or extreme measures. 

The vaccinated should be able to travel and avoid ridiculous amounts of quarantine. 

There is no reason for the continued delay in opening up the country. Millions of people are absolutely destroyed financially and mentally. 

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

They already had that BEFORE omnicron hit.

Yes, so what?

I responded to your question: "Shutting down the economy is a profitable opportunity for who?"

I will tell you who is making a small fortune lately.

The manufacturers of tinfoil.

Sure, you bought some? 🤣

4 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

Yet again more ridiculous fear mongering propaganda and unfounded panic. 

There is no legitimate reason for lockdowns or extreme measures. 

The vaccinated should be able to travel and avoid ridiculous amounts of quarantine. 

There is no reason for the continued delay in opening up the country. Millions of people are absolutely destroyed financially and mentally. 

Exactly. Omicron will be all over Thailand anyway. Its just so mild that people don't know they have it. The UK is testing 5 times that of other countries in Europe so obviously they will find far more cases. The truth is every country in the world will be riddled with this terrifying sniffle. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Rangers said:

You might just talk the most sh*te the Internet has ever seen, and that's saying something. 

Sorry, I'm not that bored.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

Millions of people are absolutely destroyed financially and mentally

... and rather more "millions" have had enough of everything being centred around tourists and tourism.

hey there community...

we are planning to arrive on Saturday via the test & go program. Assuming it will not hold until then, we would consider reverting to a sandbox stay for 7 days in a certain area. We are considering Khao lak for this and now my question is, if it is possible for me to arrive in BKK and then continue my travels one day later (as there are no connecting flights) to Phuket and then get picked up via hotel transfer to enter into the sandbox program.

I have reserved the Novotel at BKK Airport for one night. All is ofc SHA+ etc. 

Will I be able to leave the Novotel to continue my journey to Phuket?

any thoughts?

17 minutes ago, Rangers said:

The UK is testing 5 times that of other countries in Europe so obviously they will find far more cases

Not if they test the wrong people, achieving nothing and wasting billions of pounds for no reason, as every government panel that's looked into has found and said very emphatically 😂 !

17 minutes ago, Flotown said:

hey there community...

we are planning to arrive on Saturday via the test & go program. Assuming it will not hold until then, we would consider reverting to a sandbox stay for 7 days in a certain area. We are considering Khao lak for this and now my question is, if it is possible for me to arrive in BKK and then continue my travels one day later (as there are no connecting flights) to Phuket and then get picked up via hotel transfer to enter into the sandbox program.

I have reserved the Novotel at BKK Airport for one night. All is ofc SHA+ etc. 

Will I be able to leave the Novotel to continue my journey to Phuket?

any thoughts?

Under the present Sandbox rules, 'no' on all counts.

So let me get this straight.  He tested negative several times prior to entering and upon entry to the country.  Then days later became ill after.  So either the tests dont work or they caught the illness inside the country.  If the tests done work, why are we still using them?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Convert54 said:

I am definitely not anti vax but I am very pro honest transparency ! I am becoming increasingly sympathetic, not to the anti vax ideology , but to the suspicion "democratically elected" institutions are milking naive subjects based on the directives of the shadow control of corporate influence.

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

25 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Under the present Sandbox rules, 'no' on all counts.

thanks!

but I can stay at a hotel (sandbox approved) in Bangkok (port of arrival in Thailand) for 7 days and then be allowed to travel around Thailand freely (after neg. tests). 

What does the Sandbox program mean? I am not allowed to leave my hotel room or can I move around the hotel freely? Am I allowed to drive to a golf course and play there and drive back to the hotel and so on?

4 hours ago, MrNovax said:

If the tests done work, why are we still using them?  

They do 'work', but not 100%.

Vaccines aren't 100% either.

It's a matter of using the best tools available.

• Like 1