News Forum - Pattaya Music Festival begins tonight under Covid-19 safety measures

Thaiger

The Pattaya Music Festival is set to begin tonight… but don’t expect packed crowds and beer. Rather than the audiences squeezing tight  to get close to the stage, last year, attendees sat in chairs with each seat placed a certain distance apart to prevent the spread of Covid-19. With Thailand still experiencing a wave of the coronavirus, the festival needed to pass an inspection by local officials to make sure the event followed Covid-19 safety protocols. The festival will begin this afternoon on Pattaya Beach, and will continue over the next 4 weekends. Tonight features the Thai reggae band Job 2 […]

The story Pattaya Music Festival begins tonight under Covid-19 safety measures as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Only went once, horrible so we decided never again. The security was way over the top and led to a bad atmosphere, not really a Thai one, mai sanuk. At least it looks like they have chairs now. Never heard of any of those bands.

Edited by Sarisin

32 minutes ago, Sarisin said:

Only went once, horrible so we decided never again. The security was way over the top and led to a bad atmosphere, not really a Thai one, mai sanuk. At least it looks like they have chairs now. Never heard of any of those bands.

I will admit, this seemingly negative remark by you to this thread, caught me by surprise, considering not 4 hours ago you commented the following, on the News Thread about Abba releasing a new album.

image.thumb.png.ba643a3f468c6abdce25782d4b0fa681.png

I would have thought you would have been jumping at the chance to promote Thai artists especially as the line up is essentially 100% Thai artists as the promoters indicated:

“TPN media notes that this event is targeted at domestic THAI tourists and not foreign tourists, thus the lineup is essentially 100% Thai artists.”

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/10/27/schedule-rules-line-up-officially-announced-for-pattaya-music-festival-2021/

So I will promote them and encourage anyone of any Nationality living in the area, or intending to be in Pattaya over the festival dates, to go along and support the artists. The music business is especially hard to break into and festivals, no matter the location, can help artists gain awareness.

I only wish I could attend and be there to show my support in person. Hopefully a member attending can let us know about some of the artists to keep an eye on in the future. Have fun if you do attend! 👍😀

• Like 3

The music industry has never been easier to break into- there is this thing called You Tube! They can become an over night hit with that exposure. Why would I be jumping at the chance to promote Thai artists?

Sorry my bad. Must have misunderstood your comment "Why not post news about Thai Entertainers as well!"

Just thought you were interested in them getting exposure based on that comment.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sarisin said:

Never heard of any of those bands.

Thought you'd have heard of some of them, seeing how you were denigrating TT for posting about ABBA & not Thai music.

How's the baby doing?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

No alcohol? So what is the concert goers next best friend? Besides falling asleep or leaving. 

Booze is never officially allowed at the Pattaya festival, you will be lucky if they let you in with an umbrella and a bottle of unopened water 😍 I only went the once as the Mrs is a big fan of Cham Cham Ram and I know his Mrs, if he had not been on we would not have bothered.

35 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Thought you'd have heard of some of them, seeing how you were denigrating TT for posting about ABBA & not Thai music.

How's the baby doing?

How is questioning Abba's connection with Thailand 'denigrating' this bastion of culture? I don't have a baby. You are a funny lot on here, so argumentative and so suspicious of other posters.

1 hour ago, Smithydog said:

Sorry my bad. Must have misunderstood your comment "Why not post news about Thai Entertainers as well!"

Just thought you were interested in them getting exposure based on that comment.

Not that lot no

23 minutes ago, Sarisin said:

How is questioning Abba's connection with Thailand 'denigrating' this bastion of culture? I don't have a baby. You are a funny lot on here, so argumentative and so suspicious of other posters.

May I offer that perhaps members get suspicious of intentions, simply when comments appear confusing.

Equally, it must be hard for the Thaiger to try and meet everyone's desires, especially when, for example, you wrote, appearing to some, to obviously criticise The Thaiger for not doing something, yet the moment they do, you again seemingly offer criticism in your comments.

Seeing that, in my opinion, I have no idea how they could understand what to write that would seemingly satisfy you.

Perhaps if you started your own thread with examples, away from this one, for all to discuss. Then perhaps everyone could understand your preferences better.

It may even help The Thaiger to learn to be a better "bastion of culture" if they desire to or not. After all, they are a news organisation and not a cultural education organisation, so there are differences.

In the meantime, personally, I hope to hear more about the artists in the festival. After all, it is so hard to get noticed on YouTube amongst the masses and live performances at such festivals gives them the chance to show their wares in a different manner.

• Like 4

waste of money ... no people, people may not make fun or drink not even a beer and all places are closed... waste waste waste of money , useless

39 minutes ago, Smithydog said:

May I offer that perhaps members get suspicious of intentions, simply when comments appear confusing.

Equally, it must be hard for the Thaiger to try and meet everyone's desires, especially when, for example, you wrote, appearing to some, to obviously criticise The Thaiger for not doing something, yet the moment they do, you again seemingly offer criticism in your comments.

Seeing that, in my opinion, I have no idea how they could understand what to write that would seemingly satisfy you.

Perhaps if you started your own thread with examples, away from this one, for all to discuss. Then perhaps everyone could understand your preferences better.

It may even help The Thaiger to learn to be a better "bastion of culture" if they desire to or not. After all, they are a news organisation and not a cultural education organisation, so there are differences.

In the meantime, personally, I hope to hear more about the artists in the festival. After all, it is so hard to get noticed on YouTube amongst the masses and live performances at such festivals gives them the chance to show their wares in a different manner.

Some Thai artists have one very well on the internet over the covid restrictions putting on live concerts, with no audience of course. it's usually 100 baht. For that a family or party can watch and they have made far more than at a live concert, but only once a week. Fans also pay for tips which the performers show off the following week and the donors get their names on show. Some acts have had as much as 100k in tips paid in. Not the sort of performers at the Pattaya music festival. I see it looks like old yellow shirt and Pryuth supporter Carabao is on, usually a lot of fights a his appearances. He was booked for out Wat 2 years ago but the violent element got him cancelled even before the date.

21 minutes ago, Paco said:

waste of money ... no people, people may not make fun or drink not even a beer and all places are closed... waste waste waste of money , useless

It's for Thais apparently, not tourists, people could do with a cheer up. People would be searched for booze and weapons anyway without the restrictions, you don't need booze to have a good time.

13 minutes ago, Sarisin said:

Some Thai artists have one very well on the internet over the covid restrictions putting on live concerts, with no audience of course. it's usually 100 baht. For that a family or party can watch and they have made far more than at a live concert, but only once a week. Fans also pay for tips which the performers show off the following week and the donors get their names on show. Some acts have had as much as 100k in tips paid in. Not the sort of performers at the Pattaya music festival. I see it looks like old yellow shirt and Pryuth supporter Carabao is on, usually a lot of fights a his appearances. He was booked for out Wat 2 years ago but the violent element got him cancelled even before the date.

Please tell me more about these "Thai artists"

I have asked you twice about your nationality: I ask you again.

7 hours ago, Paco said:

Just be patience, it will open on December 1, Thai government wanna make sure that the whole country is at least 70% fully vaccinated by reaching its herd immunity & not just in Pattaya..Bangkok..Phuket..or Chiang Mai, it's Thailand.

10 hours ago, Faraday said:

Please tell me more about these "Thai artists"

I have asked you twice about your nationality: I ask you again.

Can't really tell you any more as it's all in Thai so not allowed to post, even the names as not in English, morlam troupes mostly. Why are you obsessed with my nationality, it's what gummy calls 'nosey'. I see the first night of the Pattaya festival was a washout, somebody forgot to order the tent 😀

13 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

You say mai sanuk. You speaking Thai? Me No kow jai. : )

Mai kow jai? Mai pen rai....sabai sabai😀

Edited by HiuMak
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Sarisin said:

Can't really tell you any more as it's all in Thai so not allowed to post, even the names as not in English, morlam troupes mostly. Why are you obsessed with my nationality, it's what gummy calls 'nosey'. I see the first night of the Pattaya festival was a washout, somebody forgot to order the tent 😀

You & gummy mates, then?

@gummy

2 hours ago, gummy said:

Think he is just stalking me on here, its the second time

I'll put you on ignore then if you are that paranoid