News Forum - Hua Hin to re-open to international tourists from October 1

Thaiger

On 9/7/2021 at 3:41 PM, dmacarelli said:

and go all the way down to Ban Saphan Noi.

I've stayed around there a couple of times, some little resorts right on the beach, 

• Cool 1

3 hours ago, Benroon said:

Not true - the owners pick it all up or they get a very heavy fine!

Just like fined for no masks, no motorbike helmet etc it sometimes happens. They may put it in bags, but then you see them floating or washed along the beach. Lots of urine smell too. 

6 hours ago, JamesR said:

I hope that taught you not to pi** is the water anymore 🤣 :)

Funny : ), but nope ! Most all people if don't have a bathroom available when at the beach hit the water and squirt, hopefully number one only. I have even seen what resembled to be a chocolate bar floating one or two times as well. No, seriously it was a sewage or seemed like a factory release into the water at a certain time every time down there. And you would see these little fish belly up floating. Just gross.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

recalls swimming in thai waters to think i spotted a jellyfish, was a plastic bag...lesser evil I suppose....

Actually in HH is very easy to see jelly fish on the beach. My last time was around New Years and they were all over the beach. Also got minorly hit by one that made a welt on my side then too. The garbage was another sore point.

7 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Actually in HH is very easy to see jelly fish on the beach. My last time was around New Years and they were all over the beach. Also got minorly hit by one that made a welt on my side then too. The garbage was another sore point.

Have not been to Hua Hin for 10 years, is the donkey poo still on the beach ?

9 minutes ago, gummy said:

Have not been to Hua Hin for 10 years, is the donkey poo still on the beach ?

Last time me and the family and extended family all went and stayed down in Pranburi area end of Beach road before turns right at the hill. This was about 4 years ago on New Years. There was some horse poo, jelly fish and garbage on the beach. For HH we only went to the pier and had a nice lunch and then headed back to Bangkok. So probably the same for HH all around. Oh, and also went and saw the large statues of the Kings which is good to say, been there, did that.

6 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Just like fined for no masks, no motorbike helmet etc it sometimes happens. They may put it in bags, but then you see them floating or washed along the beach. Lots of urine smell too. 

Never seen that, all I am saying is you won’t find any horse shit on HH beach. 

(and you can smell urine on the beach  ??? That’s some nose you have) 

3 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Funny : ), but nope ! Most all people if don't have a bathroom available when at the beach hit the water and squirt, hopefully number one only. I have even seen what resembled to be a chocolate bar floating one or two times as well. No, seriously it was a sewage or seemed like a factory release into the water at a certain time every time down there. And you would see these little fish belly up floating. Just gross.

I never liked the beach in Hua Hin after visiting the beach just once, the sand is coarse or the beach is narrow, I can't quite remember, but I do like crab served in the busy market areas when you sit on plastic tables and chairs, very tasty.

For me Phuket is for beaches and HH is a place to visit for a change to do other things like eating.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Benroon said:

and you can smell urine on the beach  ??? That’s some nose you have

If you can’t smell it, maybe go for a Covid test. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, JamesR said:

I never liked the beach in Hua Hin after visiting the beach just once, the sand is coarse or the beach is narrow, I can't quite remember, but I do like crab served in the busy market areas when you sit on plastic tables and chairs, very tasty.

For me Phuket is for beaches and HH is a place to visit for a change to do other things like eating.

Yeah, HH is sort of like to be near the sea able to smell and look out while having other fun rather than the beach. Agree.

3 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Most all people if don't have a bathroom available when at the beach hit the water and squirt,

Maybe that keeps the jellyfish away.

4 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yeah, HH is sort of like to be near the sea able to smell and look out while having other fun rather than the beach. Agree.

But as others have mentioned decent beaches are so close - everyone thinks the beach in front of the Hilton is the only beach. (Which agreed isn’t great) However there are several beaches you can virtually have to yourself within 20 minutes of there. 

8 minutes ago, Benroon said:

But as others have mentioned decent beaches are so close - everyone thinks the beach in front of the Hilton is the only beach. (Which agreed isn’t great) However there are several beaches you can virtually have to yourself within 20 minutes of there. 

Not talking about the beaches slightly a drive more south. The mention was HH and immediate vicinity. I still like a visit to HH or Cha Am, but I am not going to call a spade a heart, but it is still nice to have the sea right there to smell and look at and even go in. Just not pristine but can be fun.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Benroon said:

All the bars are opening on October 1st as well so you won't have a problem with being denied a drink anywhere.

They are exceptional, absolutely superb - Black Mountain was ranked 59th in the world though most golfers in HH would say that's not even the best one !

My guess is, as there are no vaccines available in any quantity, once the numbers Covid cases start to rise rapidly the bars etc will all close again, so it is too risky to go there at the moment from the UK.

• Like 1

All the bars are opening on October 1st as well

Can you provide a link to confirm this ….. heard nothing from the CCSA.

Also from a Thaiger article .. yesterday ..

Honorary adviser to the chamber, Niphon Suwannawa, says Hua Hin will be unable to go back to business in October. Niphon lay some of the blame at the feet of residents, saying they lacked the will to participate in the push to reopen. The adviser adds that most hotels and restaurants lack the time and money to modify their operations to fulfil the stricter public health requirements and standards. Also, the government may encounter obstacles enforcing the new Covid curbing rules.

2 hours ago, JamesR said:

My guess is, as there are no vaccines available in any quantity, once the numbers Covid cases start to rise rapidly the bars etc will all close again, so it is too risky to go there at the moment from the UK.

Yep you're probably right - but its a really tough one for the business owners. 

On the plus side all the golfing staff have been double vaxxed so that's clear - I get the impression it's getting better but the chinese vaccines have such a bad reputation even the thais won't touch it unless forced to and the others are in short supply like you say (the intercontinental chain boss ordered all his staff to get the chinese vaccine or be fired, while of course he took an alternative)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Can you provide a link to confirm this ….. heard nothing from the CCSA.

Also from a Thaiger article .. yesterday ..

Honorary adviser to the chamber, Niphon Suwannawa, says Hua Hin will be unable to go back to business in October. Niphon lay some of the blame at the feet of residents, saying they lacked the will to participate in the push to reopen. The adviser adds that most hotels and restaurants lack the time and money to modify their operations to fulfil the stricter public health requirements and standards. Also, the government may encounter obstacles enforcing the new Covid curbing rules.

Sorry I can't as the police don't communicate with me directly - however at least 3 bar owners I know have all been told by the police October 1st, off you go! Expat news forums aren't ever going to be better than boots on the ground.

Personally I think too soon, with the current vaccination rates, so wouldn't surprise me if there was last minute panic and overturned, but the bars I'm aware of have been told they can open October 1st (whether that's some sort of partial deal, times restrictions etc I don't know).

8 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Sorry I can't as the police don't communicate with me directly - however at least 3 bar owners I know have all been told by the police October 1st, off you go! Expat news forums aren't ever going to be better than boots on the ground.

Personally I think too soon, with the current vaccination rates, so wouldn't surprise me if there was last minute panic and overturned, but the bars I'm aware of have been told they can open October 1st (whether that's some sort of partial deal, times restrictions etc I don't know).

Yeah, but three bar owners also told me the beer is free tomorrow 😉

Seriously though mate, I hope it's not true. That would mean right NOW two jab vaccination rates have to be around 70% already (as not fully effective until 2-3 weeks after the 2nd jab). And even then, you've seen Phuket. HH as well as other parts of Thailand, don't have anything to contain the misery. All it takes is a couple of idiots in a car to spread it to other areas where people's efforts have kept it reasonably under control.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob20 said:

Yeah, but three bar owners also told me the beer is free tomorrow 😉

Must be the beer gone past the second best used by date. I think I will stay with a rum as it ages better. 😉

1 hour ago, Benroon said:

however at least 3 bar owners I know have all been told by the police October 1st, off you go!

Be interesting to see. As if not a formalised government consensus, then the big boys in brown from Bangkok may do a clean sweep of the local Hierarchy, like from memory what took place in Pattaya over bar opening/closing times.

If this IS the case, it would be country wide, as it was a law passed down by Thai Government. If so, the online chatter from Bar owners is very very quiet. Maybe their confidence is not high.

6 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Must be the beer gone past the second best used by date. I think I will stay with a rum as it ages better. 😉

No, they just wear the same t-shirt each day...

il_570xN.2590320056_stcm.jpg

7 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

No, they just wear the same t-shirt each day...

Better hope when that ones in the wash, the new T-shirt doesn’t say ….. Bar opens Tomorrow!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Better hope when that ones in the wash, the new T-shirt doesn’t say ….. Bar opens Tomorrow!

I've seen the new design: "Access with vaccine passport only"

download (2).jpeg

download (1).jpeg

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

I've seen the new design: "Access with vaccine passport only"

download (2).jpeg

download (1).jpeg

Guess those printed T shirts are better than one saying "I have had a dose" or "2 pricks did me no harm"

4 hours ago, JamesR said:

Catch 22.

Open the bars and restaurants then you'll get everyone going from surrounding areas and Bangkok, and no effective way of keeping them out, and Covid cases escalating.

Keep them closed, and you've got for tourists apart from mediocre beaches.