News Forum - Government says rate of Covid-19 infections on the decline

Thaiger

A government spokesman says there are signs the daily rate of new infections is on the decline, with recovered patients outnumbering new cases for the last 10 days. Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana says that while the Delta variant is contributing to the high infection rate, he’s confident the number of daily new cases will continue to fall. Today, Thailand has reported 15,972 new infections and 256 Covid-related deaths. According to a Thai PBS World report, Thanakorn says that by the end of the year, Thailand will have taken delivery of 140 million doses of Covid-19 vaccines. The government is currently in talks […]

The post Government says rate of Covid-19 infections on the decline appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The Frame work to me, is that the government will fudge the figures and create the illusion of declining infections and deaths. Fits in with the government wanting to open up thailand at their given dates. You would not be surprised to think that the government had no intentions of stopping this virus, just let it go through the community as an effective cull and less expensive option to get on with it. Whilst making false declarations to keep the people's hopes alive.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Mikke said:

The Frame work to me, is that the government will fudge the figures and create the illusion of declining infections and deaths. Fits in with the government wanting to open up thailand at their given dates. You would not be surprised to think that the government had no intentions of stopping this virus, just let it go through the community as an effective cull and less expensive option to get on with it. Whilst making false declarations to keep the people's hopes alive.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/bloomberg-covid-19-resilience-list-has-thailand-5th-to-last

Hmmm, going really well!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

That's it if the government has said the numbers are declining it must be true that the opposite is really the case. We all trust the clown show dont we ?

• Like 2

Some here disagree with anything related to the WHO, but in the absence of numbers given directly by the Thai government:

Really looks like it's levelling off doesn't it?

536139503_Screenshot2021-08-30at10_44_52.thumb.png.4de9b6b79446c14a436aff57ee7b1c41.png

Edited by Bob20
  • Like 3

Again Bob antigen tests don't get recorded only pcr tests.. will see over next few weeks on the death rates.  Here is what I found here today on phuket news..

Screenshot_20210830-102357_Opera.jpg

Edited by Malc-Thai
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

This quite amusing. The rate is going down except in the one area where tourists (visitors ) are being asked to come and enjoy Phuket. It makes me think that based on the numbers reported Bangkok and the rest of Thailand should open and Phuket should close. Since they controlled virus in those places by being Dark Red, we should now reverse the colors. I mean after all is said and done it is only a color scheme and a designer mask that separates good from bad. Probably only need to change the name from sandbox to happy smiles to you. ( they can do some work on the roy rogers song happy trails)

wmw.png.24f7057a4d29f6d1470d84984c516c2a.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, triplebogey said:

This quite amusing. The rate is going down except in the one area where tourists (visitors ) are being asked to come and enjoy Phuket. It makes me think that based on the numbers reported Bangkok and the rest of Thailand should open and Phuket should close. Since they controlled virus in those places by being Dark Red, we should now reverse the colors. I mean after all is said and done it is only a color scheme and a designer mask that separates good from bad. Probably only need to change the name from sandbox to happy smiles to you. ( they can do some work on the roy rogers song happy trails)

Yes, this looks like the government at work 🤣

colourin.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

If you believe this then I would like to introduce you to a very professional cop who doesn’t extort money from drug dealers. Honest he’s trying to save Thailand!

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, triplebogey said:

Well given that Koh Tao is now nicknamed murder island perhaps Phuket is working its way to be acknowledged as Plaque Island, certainly would appear apt.

Moving the goalposts doesn't change the reality.

Of course there are more hospital and field hospital beds available, since serious cases that were previously treated in hospitals are now treated in field hospitals and mild / asymptomatic cases that were previously treated in field hospitals are now treated at home.

If you keep moving the goalposts, as happened with everything from vaccinating most of the "population" of Phuket to "electing" the PM,  then you get the result you want even if it's completely at odds with reality.

• Like 5

On 8/15/2021 at 8:37 AM, SomTum said:

Vaccines don't directly suppress disease. Vaccines train your immune system to recognize and kill a pathogen.

Since there is no way to use a high enough dose of pharmaceuticals to completely neutralize the virus without risking toxicity -- human bodies are not petri dishes -- their role should be viewed as supporting the immune system, whether it is naive (no previous exposure) or primed (through prior infection or vaccination).

Antivirals like Remdesivir and Favipiravir interfere with viral replication and potentially with viral entry into the cell. The benefits of Remdesivir appear to be less than originally hoped, and Favipiravir doesn't really look very promising in a meta-analysis: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-021-90551-6 . The mechanism of action of Ivermectin remains under study, but it seems to act similarly to antivirals by disrupting viral replication and entry.

That's all useful, but it has not yet proven to be a game changer. The focus needs to be on preventing infections from advancing to serious disease, whether that is through vaccines or home-based prophylactic regimens or a combination of both.

1 hour ago, triplebogey said:

Phuket cases dropped by 25% overnight - unlike rest of Thailand they mass test high risk areas and communities with the cheaper antigen tests, then isolate the positives until a full PCR test confirms infection, the false positives are released, and the infection numbers are added to the daily total. Let’s see if this manages to contain the outbreak without killing what’s left of the local economy, another week should tell us more.

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, gummy said:

Phuket is working its way to be acknowledged as Plaque Island, certainly would appear apt.

I think they will name it Plum Island, so as not to scare off any unsuspecting tourists.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

I think they will name it Plum Island, so as not to scare off any unsuspecting tourists.

How about Surprise island? Then nobody can complain either 😉

If testing was high, you could believe Thailand has a "flattening of the curve". The stats are reliant on the number of PCR Tests done. But the only one you are fooling is yourself!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

How about Surprise island? Then nobody can complain either 😉

Or even Fantasy Island, I remember the series well. In hindsight it was more realistic than Prayut's 'vision'.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Yes, this looks like the government at work 🤣

colourin.jpg

Yeah, but don't give them too much credit. I would think they would only be able to point out the places that hold their offshore accounts.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Maverick said:

Phuket cases dropped by 25% overnight - unlike rest of Thailand they mass test high risk areas and communities with the cheaper antigen tests, then isolate the positives until a full PCR test confirms infection, the false positives are released, and the infection numbers are added to the daily total. Let’s see if this manages to contain the outbreak without killing what’s left of the local economy, another week should tell us more.

Not according to some living there, who say from personal knowledge that while those testing positive with an antigen test are isolated they're not given a PCR test so they're never "added to the daily total".

I'm not there to check, fortunately, as even without those numbers they're still up to ten times higher than where I am.

I’m sure many of you have experienced how Thais react when you talk of something bad that may happen. Many I know always cut me short and tell me not to speak of bad things as this means they have more chance of coming true! It therefore follows that the belief works the other way. Talk things up and talk positive and it’s far more likely to happen. It’s a kind of Positive thinking taken to a level of belief. I assume that is how Government Covid policy is now being assessed. Anyone in Government who dares to say anything negative about the numbers will be seen as a traitor to the cause. 

The good thing is that there is nothing like good data to kill an argument. The difficult thing is getting good data. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1