News Forum - Government says rate of Covid-19 infections on the decline

Thaiger

54 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

So true.

I was thinking more of the groups (seemingly always men) that spend their time around a table whining about everything. Preferably while consuming beer that they might not be able to afford in their home country 🤣

Yep - I hear you.  Jeremy Clarkson said it best when he talked of the English ones. "I have a wonderful family, lots of money, a great job and an active social life and I shall therefore move overseas to a cheap third world country. Overseas is where you go when you've made a mess of everything. That's why the Brits who live in Australia are known as whingeing Poms. Because they're all failures."  He said that he has seen many Expats overseas that are hunched at a bar in a stupid shirt at 10 in the morning, desperately trying to convince themselves that they are not alcoholics, that the barman really is their friend, and that the bar girls love and need them. All while they are whingeing about everything around them who is not as good as back in the UK.  Then why did they leave?? 

Now that is not true of all Brit Expats that is for sure, but there are a few of those in Thailand that is for sure. And there are American ones and Aussie ones and many others.  Grumpy old men that should have stayed where they were - they came for the girls and the cheap beer and food - but they failed to change and adapt. Many do change though - some come knowing they will change/adapt - most eventually learn - and they outnumber the grumpy old Expats by a long way I have found. 

• Cool 1

20 minutes ago, 9S_ said:

I couldn’t agree more the women in the Land of Smiles are fitter, thinner, more beautiful, more real feminine than the Goblinas back home in the US!

Well I pray feminism, the US woke kind, doesn’t rear it’s ugly head in the kingdom. 

Yep - that is the downside that I hope never happens too.  I think that if the Asian women in countries that are more 'liberated' like Japan and Korea and Singapore, can maintain their feminine ways about beauty and personal attitudes, then the Thai women will also remain 'beauties' too. 

Goblinas - that is a good one 😁  

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Sorry sometimes I switching between 4 languages 

I was writing that I forgot the link

I didn't send it because of the language. I forwarded it to you as it has details about Germany and a new vision.

22 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Yep - I hear you.  Jeremy Clarkson said it best when he talked of the English ones. "I have a wonderful family, lots of money, a great job and an active social life and I shall therefore move overseas to a cheap third world country. Overseas is where you go when you've made a mess of everything. That's why the Brits who live in Australia are known as whingeing Poms. Because they're all failures."  He said that he has seen many Expats overseas that are hunched at a bar in a stupid shirt at 10 in the morning, desperately trying to convince themselves that they are not alcoholics, that the barman really is their friend, and that the bar girls love and need them. All while they are whingeing about everything around them who is not as good as back in the UK.  Then why did they leave?? 

Now that is not true of all Brit Expats that is for sure, but there are a few of those in Thailand that is for sure. And there are American ones and Aussie ones and many others.  Grumpy old men that should have stayed where they were - they came for the girls and the cheap beer and food - but they failed to change and adapt. Many do change though - some come knowing they will change/adapt - most eventually learn - and they outnumber the grumpy old Expats by a long way I have found. 

I agree with most of that.

Except for one thing.

I don't accept the majority/minority argument for these expats.

It's just that you see the sad ones with their beers and complaints sitting in the bars.

But you don't see the ones that are happily enjoying themselves in their private environment.

5 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

I agree with most of that.

Except for one thing.

I don't accept the majority/minority argument for these expats.

It's just that you see the sad ones with their beers and complaints sitting in the bars.

But you don't see the ones that are happily enjoying themselves in their private environment.

You must not have read my whole post Bob - this below is my second paragraph:

"Now that is not true of all Brit Expats that is for sure, but there are a few of those in Thailand that is for sure. And there are American ones and Aussie ones and many others.  Grumpy old men that should have stayed where they were - they came for the girls and the cheap beer and food - but they failed to change and adapt. Many do change though - some come knowing they will change/adapt - most eventually learn - and they outnumber the grumpy old Expats by a long way I have found. "

1 minute ago, AussieBob said:

You must not have read my whole post Bob - this below is my second paragraph:

"Now that is not true of all Brit Expats that is for sure, but there are a few of those in Thailand that is for sure. And there are American ones and Aussie ones and many others.  Grumpy old men that should have stayed where they were - they came for the girls and the cheap beer and food - but they failed to change and adapt. Many do change though - some come knowing they will change/adapt - most eventually learn - and they outnumber the grumpy old Expats by a long way I have found. "

I did read it, but was responding to JC's part. Sorry, should have specified.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Bob20 said:

I didn't send it because of the language. I forwarded it to you as it has details about Germany and a new vision.

Ok thanks

• Cool 1

What has this got to do with the topic?

Edited by King Cotton
Quarrelsome content deleted. Whilst you may question the relevance of other members' input, please follow Guidelines 5 & 6 in this regard.

On 9/2/2021 at 9:56 AM, Stardust said:

A clever strategy is to let people do self-testing and give them cheap medical care kits. The drawback is that when patients need to go to hospital, their conditions would be too severe.

Nah, let us throw all asymptomatic cases into 14 days of medical prisons instead and as a result have people not getting them self testet 🥲

Edited by King Cotton
Foreign content removed. Member PM'd