News Forum - Poll shows many Thai residents don’t think the lockdown has been successful

Thaiger

9 minutes ago, 9S_ said:

A news site which were not allowed to link here admitted that Thailand still has a high daily infection rate

Yup, simply do the math. At average 0.5% mortality, around 300 daily deaths equals 60.000 infections daily. And it's been like this for quite a while, so let's say 1.8m in a month. Makes the problem clearer.

Time to open up interprovincial travel and get more tourists in! 🤔🤣

Especially so types like Yinn can completely ignore the science and blame others again 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Let us not forget, all variants are variants  of The Chinese inflicted virus known as Covid-19. If they had acted more openly and honestly to the outbreak, the whole world would be in a much better place. 

Mentality 

2 hours ago, Soidog said:

As I said. Classic Thai mentality. Fully on display there. Thank you for making my point so well 👍🏻

Words of wisdom from the mighty Yinn in full flow there

However

I am confused am I on TV? tell me it isn't so👳‍♂️

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, poohy said:

Words of wisdom from the mighty Yinn in full flow there

However

I am confused am I on TV? tell me it isn't so👳‍♂️

TVF hybrid in clever disguise, perhaps? 😉

Just now, Rain said:

TVF hybrid in clever disguise, perhaps? 😉

I can't read him anymore, but your reply could be more concise 😉

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Mentality 

@Yinn if you are someone who believes China more than the open Liberal democracies around the world then there is little I or anyone else can do to convince you. Perhaps you are a paid member of the Chinese United Front. Good luck to you

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Soidog said:

@Yinn if you are someone who believes China more than the open Liberal democracies around the world then there is little I or anyone else can do to convince you. Perhaps you are a paid member of the Chinese United Front. Good luck to you

Damn, don't quote him, then I still see it 🤬

🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Lockdowns are for incarcerations. Lockdown is prison terminology. If you want to enslave and ruin a population then use lockdowns. In the real world of pandemic mitigation we use the terms isolate and quarantine... and who do you isolate and quarantine? Sick people. It can easily be argued that putting not sick people, people who have a test to determine a molecule in their body and are not sick, with sick people is pure negligence... 

Edited by Freeduhdumb
Grammar correction additional content.
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Lockdowns are for incarcerations. Lockdown is prison terminology. If you want to enslave and ruin a population then use lockdowns. In the real world of pandemic mitigation we use the terms isolate and quarantine... and who do you isolate and quarantine? Sick people. It can easily be argued that putting not sick people, people who have a test to determine a molecule in their body and are not sick, with sick people is pure negligence... 

There would be no need for the so called lockdowns if the population would simply follow precautionary mitigation protocol. The adage of: the Cooties require hosts to survive and replicate. If there's no where to go, then the likelihood of such great surges/spike are nil. This applies to the vaccinated as well - still have the ability to be contagious.

A simple practice that, seemingly, many [everywhere] don't comprehend. 

Edited by Rain

52 minutes ago, Yinn said:

The scientist have procedure called “tracing” for covid.

they tracing it to England in September 2020. No other country have it before. Is fact.

Incorrect.
The first Covid case detected outside of China, was in Thailand.
13 January 2020 - Officials confirm a case of COVID-19 in Thailand, the first recorded case outside of China.  
https://www.who.int/news/item/27-04-2020-who-timeline---covid-19

56 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Thailand tracing first case to English tourist. Another fact. 

Incorrect.
The Public Health Ministry on Wednesday confirmed a 73-year-old woman being treated at a hospital in Nakhon Pathom was the first Thai found to be infected with the new strain of coronavirus.

The woman fell ill after returning from the Chinese city of Wuhan late last year. She was being treated in Nakhon Pathom. Health officials confirmed she was infected with the new strain of coronavirus. 
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1841199/first-thai-infected-with-coronavirus

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Rain said:

There would be no need for the so called lockdowns if the population would simply follow precautionary mitigation protocol. The adage of: the Cooties require hosts to survive and replicate. If there's no where to go, then the likelihood of such great surges/spike are nil. This applies to the vaccinated as well - still have the ability to be contagious.

A simple practice that, seemingly, many [everywhere] don't comprehend. 

Absolutely.

But even here on this forum many don't understand the basics.

It's no different in the Thai population. The most repetitive info they get is to wash their hands with alcohol, but they are not educated in detail about cause and effect.

When I go for a bite or a coffee, many times I just leave halfway. People walk past the thermometer without using it, remove their face mask while not keeping distance. Start coughing and sneezing and think nothing of it. And nobody ever says anything. 

That may be the Thai way, but that's not how you control a viral pandemic.

Once the roads open for travel and other restrictions are eased, some clever ones will remain careful, but 90% will do what they want, because it's allowed!

Really, until people get jabbed, it won't get better. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Absolutely.

But even here on this forum many don't understand the basics.

It's no different in the Thai population. The most repetitive info they get is to wash their hands with alcohol, but they are not educated in detail about cause and effect.

When I go for a bite or a coffee, many times I just leave halfway. People walk past the thermometer without using it, remove their face mask while not keeping distance. Start coughing and sneezing and think nothing of it. And nobody ever says anything. 

That may be the Thai way, but that's not how you control a viral pandemic.

Once the roads open for travel and other restrictions are eased, some clever ones will remain careful, but 90% will do what they want, because it's allowed!

Really, until people get jabbed, it won't get better. 

With this logic we will have to live with the current rules, masks, social distancing, rolling lockdowns etc. If you want to live this way forever, then all we need to do is point that PCR at all of the myriad of other diseases that also kill people. The obvious is influenza. Just test everyone for the myriad of influenza strains and... presto, you have yet another "casedemic." The point is, we live with viruses, and we now know that Neil Ferguson's death models were all wrong. It is time to call this virus endemic now and move into life with yet another disease. There are treatments, beyond simply vaccination. Just one example is Monoclonal Antibody therapy, being very successfully trialed and used... you will hear more about this in the coming months. We have to move on now, lockdowns, indefinite incarcerations, are not the answer. 

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2021/08/19/what-is-regeneron-monoclonal-antibody-treatment/

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

With this logic we will have to live with the current rules, masks, social distancing, rolling lockdowns etc. If you want to live this way forever, then all we need to do is point that PCR at all of the myriad of other diseases that also kill people. The obvious is influenza. Just test everyone for the myriad of influenza strains and... presto, you have yet another "casedemic." The point is, we live with viruses, and we now know that Neil Ferguson's death models were all wrong. It is time to call this virus endemic now and move into life with yet another disease. There are treatments, beyond simply vaccination. Just one example is Monoclonal Antibody therapy, being very successfully trialed and used... you will hear more about this in the coming months. We have to move on now, lockdowns, indefinite incarcerations, are not the answer. 

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2021/08/19/what-is-regeneron-monoclonal-antibody-treatment/

Congrats! The second ignorant troll without any analytical intelligence in my ignore list in one day! I considered it before, but must have had a tolerant day 🤣

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

With this logic we will have to live with the current rules, masks, social distancing, rolling lockdowns etc. If you want to live this way forever, then all we need to do is point that PCR at all of the myriad of other diseases that also kill people. The obvious is influenza…for the myriad of influenza strains and... presto, you have yet another "casedemic."

When has influenza ever overwhelmed ICUs and morgues like COVID has?

22 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Congrats! The second ignorant troll without any analytical intelligence in my ignore list in one day! I considered it before, but must have had a tolerant day 🤣

Bob... you're free to go lockdown in your 35 SQ meter Bangkok retirement oasis and wait for the government to deliver you your rations... but many of us are here doing the work of getting our lives back... don't stiffle progress with your callous, impugnable attitude my friend. 

Edited by Freeduhdumb
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, everything said:

Where are ICU's and morgues being overwhelmed with Covid? Most ICU's have never surpassed 85% (this includes ALL patient acuities) and in fact, most ICU's operate normally at these levels. It is part of the usual business model. Additionally, most surge measures within hospitals have never been utilized. 

Edited by Freeduhdumb
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, everything said:

Let me preface this response with who I am. I am a 30 year U.S. Critical Care Paramedic. I have done and continue to do, disaster management. I currently work as a remote Safety Paramedic managing large groups of industrial setting work sites globally, but am current on a work contract within the U.S. I am currently plugged into the the wider healthcare system as we do utilize hospitals and clinics for our staff members who require it. My current medical director manages Covid on a wider scale and is currently involved in Monoclonal Antibody Therapy treatment studies in real time here... on the so called front-lines. 

Now, with that out of the way, allow one of my critical care colleagues get you up to speed on the reality here, just as one example, the United States. If you look at Thailand, there death rates due to covid have been and remain very low. Now.. please don't come back at me with some B.S. about the platform or where the information is coming from... I would sincerely ask you to judge the veracity of what she is telling you based upon her real world experience and sources of information she presents. If you are short on time, skip to the heart of the matter, our current discussion at the 14:30 time mark. Thank you for your time. 

https://www.bitchute.com/video/1xalMoERUEY8/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Where are ICU's and morgues being overwhelmed with Covid? Most ICU's have never surpassed 85% (this includes ALL patient acuities) and in fact, most ICU's operate normally at these levels. It is part of the usual business model. Additionally, most surge measures within hospitals have never been utilized. 

Now you are being blind. Italy last year during it’s peak, India a few months ago, Texas hospitals during their current wave to name a few.

5 hours ago, Soidog said:

As I said. Classic Thai mentality. Fully on display there. Thank you for making my point so well 👍🏻

Lol. It's a bit like being pregnant.  You either are or your not. No such thing as being  a bit pregnant.  Lol.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, everything said:

Now you are being blind. Italy last year during it’s peak, India a few months ago, Texas hospitals during their current wave to name a few.

You've proven my point... there's no disaster occurring on the planet. 

Edited by Freeduhdumb

8 hours ago, Faz said:

Incorrect.
13 January 2020 - Officials confirm a case of COVID-19 in Thailand, the first recorded case outside of China.  

Incorrect.
The Public Health Ministry on Wednesday confirmed a 73-year-old woman being treated at a hospital in Nakhon Pathom was the first Thai found to be infected with the new strain of coronavirus.

The woman fell ill after returning from the Chinese city of Wuhan late last year. She was being treated in Nakhon Pathom. Health officials confirmed she was infected with the new strain of coronavirus. 
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1841199/first-thai-infected-with-coronavirus

Thanks @Faz for correcting @Yinn's usual nonsense 'facts'.

8 hours ago, Faz said:

Incorrect.

I was under the impression that the government were trying to stop people posting fake news, appears Yinn has not realized that yet.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Please do put me on your IGNORE list too, although I suspect I am already there as one of the first ones for calling out your pseudo-scientific nonsense...

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

I was under the impression that the government were trying to stop people posting fake news, appears Yinn has not realized that yet.

Well we can not say people have not been previously advised of the potential issues can we  Colin ?