Jump to content

News Forum - Poll shows many Thai residents don’t think the lockdown has been successful


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

According to a survey by the National Institute of Development Administration, most respondents think the partial lockdown to curb the spread of Covid has been unsuccessful. The NIDA poll was done through phone interviews between August 23 and August 26 with 1,312 respondents that were 18… and older. They had a variety of education levels, vocations, and reside throughout the country. On the question of whether the lockdown had been successful, 65% of respondents replied “no”. Of that percentage, 36% said the lockdown was a complete failure because not every area was in lockdown and the measures weren’t strict enough […]

The post Poll shows many Thai residents don’t think the lockdown has been successful appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The headline uses the word “Lockdown” and the body of the article correctly uses the words “Partial Lockdown”. Not that I’m allowed to vote, but put me down as agreeing with the majority. Partial lockdowns are the worst of both worlds. Do next to nothing to ease infections and destroys the economy. Again, it’s classic Thai mentality that is working against them. Sitting on the fence in times of conflict is standard operating procedure. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

According to a survey by the National Institute of Development Administration, most respondents think the partial lockdown to curb the spread of Covid has been unsuccessful. The NIDA poll was done through phone interviews between August 23 and August 26 with 1,312 respondents that were 18… and older. They had a variety of education levels, vocations, and reside throughout the country. On the question of whether the lockdown had been successful, 65% of respondents replied “no”. Of that percentage, 36% said the lockdown was a complete failure because not every area was in lockdown and the measures weren’t strict enough […]

The post Poll shows many Thai residents don’t think the lockdown has been successful appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The lockdown is a disaster, as there was no scientific basis for it and there was no cost benefit analysis done.

We do know the costs of lockdown in terms of GDP, unemployment, suicides, mental health and the destroyed future of people in education to name just a few.

 What was the goal of the lockdown, and how do you measure its success?

The answer is there was no goal that could be measured

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Soidog said:

The headline uses the word “Lockdown” and the body of the article correctly uses the words “Partial Lockdown”. Not that I’m allowed to vote, but put me down as agreeing with the majority. Partial lockdowns are the worst of both worlds. Do next to nothing to ease infections and destroys the economy. Again, it’s classic Thai mentality that is working against them. Sitting on the fence in times of conflict is standard operating procedure. 

 

1 hour ago, Rain said:

What lockdown?

Absolutely correct. There is no such thing as a "partial" lockdown. You also don't get "partially" pregnant. You lock down or you don't.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Absolutely correct. There is no such thing as a "partial" lockdown. You also don't get "partially" pregnant. You lock down or you don't.

Agreed. Over the past few weeks I’ve spoken to people in Bangkok, Pattaya, Udon Thani, Chiangmai, Hua Hin. All are going out shopping. Meeting friends in shopping malls and coffee shops, eating and drinking in restaurants and staying out boozing to all hours of the night. It may be hidden in some locations, but it’s certainly carrying on in a big way. The authorities are claiming lockdown in the same way they claim there is no prostitution in Thailand. 

  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Soidog said:

Again, it’s classic Thai mentality that is working against them.

Hmmmm. 
Maybe Thailand has less death than your country? 

The first lockdown (thai) very successful. World famous. 
Then farang New Year (2021) decide must balance business and health. Very successful. Good balance. Some hotel get some profit and not have many covid dead.

Then Songkran 2021, hope can repeat the success again. 
But the England covid more contagious. Dangerous. We fail then.
The England covid come from Classic England mentality (me, me, me). Have so many covid it get stronger. That start the problem in Thailand.

Then same happen at India, make the stronger one and now more problem. 
 

Sandbox plan before England and India covid. I think if not have the India and England covid the sandbox be successful. 
 

if England and India control the covid well= not have more contagious/dangerous covid= we not have problem now. Many dead and many business closed. 

 

Maybe the PC guys will be angry I not say “Alfa” and “Delta”? 
Strange mentality.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Hmmmm. 
Maybe Thailand has less death than your country? 

The first lockdown (thai) very successful. World famous. 
Then farang New Year (2021) decide must balance business and health. Very successful. Good balance. Some hotel get some profit and not have many covid dead.

Then Songkran 2021, hope can repeat the success again. 
But the England covid more contagious. Dangerous. We fail then.
The England covid come from Classic England mentality (me, me, me). Have so many covid it get stronger. That start the problem in Thailand.

Then same happen at India, make the stronger one and now more problem. 
 

Sandbox plan before England and India covid. I think if not have the India and England covid the sandbox be successful. 
 

if England and India control the covid well= not have more contagious/dangerous covid= we not have problem now. Many dead and many business closed. 

Maybe the PC guys will be angry I not say “Alfa” and “Delta”? 
Strange mentality.

 

As I said. Classic Thai mentality. Fully on display there. Thank you for making my point so well 👍🏻

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Yinn said:

I think if not have the India and England covid the sandbox be successful. 


 

Hello Yinn,

you're entitled to your opinion and seem to show an attitude of blaming others for everything. That's okay, but can you please get your facts correct?

The earliest documented COVID-19 case caused by the delta variant (B.1.617.2) was found in the Indian state of Maharashtra back in October 2020, and the variant has since spread widely throughout India and across the world.

Alpha variant, also known as the U.K. variant or lineage B.1.1.7, was first detected in November 2020 from a sample taken in September in the U.K., which began to spread quickly by mid-December.

We knew all this when Thailand decided about Songkran in April 2021, and many scientists warned about it, but the Thai government didn't listen.

And please understand that a virus can not travel. It was the Thai people that traveled with Songkran and spread the virus.

And the scientists warned about the sandbox as well, but nobody listens.

It would be nice to understand that we're all in this together and look for solutions, rather than to point fingers, and incorrectly at that...

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Yinn said:

 

...

 

Yinn, can I just add one thing?

It will go wrong again if on 1/9 the Thais decide to ease restrictions.

Infections will go up all around the country if everyone starts traveling again. And because outside Bangkok and its nearby provinces the rest of the country has hardly been vaccinated, deaths will go up there too.

Just wanted to say it now, so you don't blame others again later.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

And the scientists warned about the sandbox as well, but nobody listens.

Covid is constantly balance for medical and economic. 
scientist/doctor warn about health. Economic warn about the business. 
 

If we not have England and India covid (which start because they not control themself, the Covidiot) now Thailand not have the health problem. Be the same like Thailand in 2020.

And the economy be better than now, sure. Is true. Some people can not admit that. I know. Never.

98% death in Thailand is India and England covid. Is true. Is fact. Scientist report that.  Maybe not PC/woke for say that? Sensitive is nice, but not help the situation. Must look the real situation.
 

Covid be very bad for Thailand economy. Maybe 10 year.
But other country it be worse. To much debt.
 


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bob20 said:

And please understand that a virus can not travel. It was the Thai people that traveled with Songkran and spread the virus.

Hmmmm.

The variant, called B.1.1.7, was found in a family of four British nationals who arrived in Thailand from the United Kingdom.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2021/01/03/thailand-reports-1st-case-of-uk-mutated-coronavirus-strain/

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Covid is constantly balance for medical and economic. 
scientist/doctor warn about health. Economic warn about the business. 
 

If we not have England and India covid (which start because they not control themself, the Covidiot) now Thailand not have the health problem. Be the same like Thailand in 2020.

And the economy be better than now, sure. Is true. Some people can not admit that. I know. Never.

98% death in Thailand is India and England covid. Is true. Is fact. Scientist report that.  Maybe not PC/woke for say that? Sensitive is nice, but not help the situation. Must look the real situation.
 

Covid be very bad for Thailand economy. Maybe 10 year.
But other country it be worse. To much debt.
 


 

And if the Chinese hadn't started it, nobody would have any problems...

 

You completely miss the point.

Viruses mutate. Can happen in Thailand also. Maybe it did? 

 

Because U.K. and India variants DID NOT NECESSARILY START IN INDIA OR THE UK

Could have started anywhere, but they were DISCOVERED THERE.

THAT is the reason they changed the name to Alpha and Delta, because scientists give the name where it is DISCOVERED, and people like you start blaming that country incorrectly.

Anyway, be prepared for another surge when restrictions ease.

And then don't blame someone else again.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Hmmmm.

The variant, called B.1.1.7, was found in a family of four British nationals who arrived in Thailand from the United Kingdom.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2021/01/03/thailand-reports-1st-case-of-uk-mutated-coronavirus-strain/

Friend, you just invalidated your whole argument with your own contradiction.

First you say Songkran could have been a success,

but Delta variant was already in Thailand in January and they knew it was more contagious!

Then it's the governments fault to spread it all over the country by allowing travel at Songkran 3 months later.

I'm sorry it happened because I live here too.

But stop always blaming others! Happens a lot here and is too easy!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Can you explain more about that please.

what is it?

Yes I’m happy to explain more. 
 

When I say classic Thai mentality, what I mean is learning very little from the experience of other countries. Believing that what happens in other parts of the world either won’t affect them or will somehow defy the laws of nature when it comes to Thailand. Believing only things that come from a Thai source, including incorrect facts (reference to the Delta variant being an English variant for example). Blaming others for the ills of the country and taking credit for what goes well. I could go on, but hopefully that gives you a little more detail of what I mean by Thai mentality. 

  • Like 3
  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Yinn said:

Hmmmm. 
Maybe Thailand has less death than your country? 

The first lockdown (thai) very successful. World famous. 
Then farang New Year (2021) decide must balance business and health. Very successful. Good balance. Some hotel get some profit and not have many covid dead.

Then Songkran 2021, hope can repeat the success again. 
But the England covid more contagious. Dangerous. We fail then.
The England covid come from Classic England mentality (me, me, me). Have so many covid it get stronger. That start the problem in Thailand.

Then same happen at India, make the stronger one and now more problem. 
 

Sandbox plan before England and India covid. I think if not have the India and England covid the sandbox be successful. 
 

if England and India control the covid well= not have more contagious/dangerous covid= we not have problem now. Many dead and many business closed. 

Maybe the PC guys will be angry I not say “Alfa” and “Delta”? 
Strange mentality.

 

I'm not a PC guy so I'll refrain from calling it the Alfa or UK variant. Perhaps it should be called the York virus as it was imported by 2 Chinese students studying at York University and kindly brought the virus back with them. As has already been pointed out to you, the UK did not create the variant, it identified it simply because our scientists/ virologists refused to sit on their backsides. By the way, how is Siam Bioscience? Ungrateful and insulting to Astra Zeneca after they spoon fed them. Time to wake upand smell the coffee.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The scientist have procedure called “tracing” for covid.

they tracing it to England in September 2020. No other country have it before. Is fact.
 

Thailand tracing first case to English tourist. Another fact. 
 

Denial of facts. 
maybe that because of your “mentality “? 
or not?

China try to say original covid 19 not from China same. But is fact. Tracing to Wuhan.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

Covid is constantly balance for medical and economic. 
scientist/doctor warn about health. Economic warn about the business. 
 

If we not have England and India covid (which start because they not control themself, the Covidiot) now Thailand not have the health problem. Be the same like Thailand in 2020.

And the economy be better than now, sure. Is true. Some people can not admit that. I know. Never.

98% death in Thailand is India and England covid. Is true. Is fact. Scientist report that.  Maybe not PC/woke for say that? Sensitive is nice, but not help the situation. Must look the real situation.
 

Covid be very bad for Thailand economy. Maybe 10 year.
But other country it be worse. To much debt.
 


 

I admire your optimism. 10 years to recover your economy? The way Prayut is dithering you MIGHT recover in 50 years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you define successful as to destroy the lives and businesses of the majority of the country while the rich scoop up the properties at reduced prices, then yes it is a success. 

 

Notice how the idiots in governments who keep pushing the fear never utter a word about making the Chinese pay for their actions.... Amazing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, 9S_ said:

A news site which were not allowed to link here admitted that Thailand still has a high daily infection rate

Not allowed to link? 

 

I hope this is not turning into the leftist tvf model 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

Covid is constantly balance for medical and economic. 
scientist/doctor warn about health. Economic warn about the business. 
 

If we not have England and India covid (which start because they not control themself, the Covidiot) now Thailand not have the health problem. Be the same like Thailand in 2020.

And the economy be better than now, sure. Is true. Some people can not admit that. I know. Never.

98% death in Thailand is India and England covid. Is true. Is fact. Scientist report that.  Maybe not PC/woke for say that? Sensitive is nice, but not help the situation. Must look the real situation.
 

Covid be very bad for Thailand economy. Maybe 10 year.
But other country it be worse. To much debt.
 


 

Let us not forget, all variants are variants  of The Chinese inflicted virus known as Covid-19. If they had acted more openly and honestly to the outbreak, the whole world would be in a much better place. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share


  • Join Thaiger Talk Today!

    Sign up in 30 seconds and join the discussion on everything Thailand!

  • Latest Posts

    1. 43

      News Forum - Foreign buyers flock to Thailand’s tropical condos: Chinese and Russians lead

    2. 5

      French Senators tabling legislation that would prevent the medical mutilation of minors

    3. 7

      News Forum - Thai government prepares for potential Iran attack on Israel

    4. 5

      French Senators tabling legislation that would prevent the medical mutilation of minors

  • Tell a friend

    Love Thaiger Talk? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use