Jump to content

News Forum - 4-day no-confidence debate for PM Prayut set for August 31


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

Dates have now been set for in-depth debate over the move to censure PM Prayut Chan-o-cha as opposition moves for a vote of no-confidence. The debates are now set to begin on August 31 and continue over the course of 4 days, ending September 3 and will then be followed by a vote on September 4. The decision came from a meeting that brought together the opposition, the ruling government, and cabinet representative. During that meeting, they agreed on the dates and length, and also allocated time schedules for each side to debate and present their cases. The majority of […]

The post 4-day no-confidence debate for PM Prayut set for August 31 appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The debates are now set to begin on August 31 and continue over the course of 4 days, ending September 3 and will then be followed by a vote on September 4.

So, will Bangkok be an orange zone by the to allow this debate to happen, with parliamentary numbers, and 2 meters separation etc. or Dark red zone with 5 politicians in the house. Will they have the same rules as the restaurants? If not they should be tested every day, for everyone’s safety.

  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most are taken in by this surface charade, as it might present some sort of alternative reality. 

 

Nothing but the usual perplexing Thai theatre from establishment circles. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

When have you seen next PM been better than the previous one? 

Never existed.

Still awaiting such a wonderous happening.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

When have you seen next PM been better than the previous one? 

Yes have seen. If you compare Prayut to all former PMs he was the worst Thailand ever had and thats a fact. Worst performance of a government and by the way always the couo governments crashed the economy in Thailand thats also a fact. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Yes have seen. If you compare Prayut to all former PMs he was the worst Thailand ever had and thats a fact. Worst performance of a government and by the way always the couo governments crashed the economy in Thailand thats also a fact. 

In comparison, how far back do you want to go?

Before making irrational conclusions and throwing around historical superlatives as well as proposed "factual" content, you might want to gather and examine some Thai historiology that could easily eclipse your opined theory. 

Prayut, and his circle, might match the nastiness, ignorance and sheer corruption practices of some past PMs, to be sure - but doesn't even come close as a menacing shadow as some PMs have displayed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AlexPTY said:

When have you seen next PM been better than the previous one? 

Abbhisit was ok, spineless, but ok.  Though you may prove correct this time if P is voted out, as I'm sure there's a double agent provocateur in the midst of all this.  

 

27 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Yes have seen. If you compare Prayut to all former PMs he was the worst Thailand ever had and thats a fact. 

He started out ok given the poor World economy and the excesses of Yingluck which nearly drained Gov't coffers.  After his mentor, Prem, passed away there was a fundamental change in direction which I'm sure was directed by unseen hands.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Rain said:

In comparison, how far back do you want to go?

Before making irrational conclusions and throwing around historical superlatives as well as proposed "factual" content, you might want to gather and examine some Thai historiology that could easily eclipse your opined theory. 

Prayut, and his circle, might match the nastiness, ignorance and sheer corruption practices of some past PMs, to be sure - but doesn't even come close as a menacing shadow as some PMs have displayed. 

Can I remind you that the former coup government crashed Thailand so deeply that Thailand was bankrupt and the imf had to step in to give them money because as they were bankrupt there was no possibilities for loans to save Thailand. Thaksin is not a clean politicion but he brought Thailand back on their feet, first the economy and also bailed out Thailand at the imf many years earlier than the conditions were. Compared to Prayut is even Thaksin an angel and compared to his competence to the incompetent clowns now, he was an Einstein. Performance datas are facts even when we for sure want better politicians, but I only can compare with former pms and it is very clear who had the worst performances.

  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Stardust said:

Can I remind you that the former coup government crashed Thailand so deeply that Thailand was bankrupt and the imf had to step in to give them money because as they were bankrupt there was no possibilities for loans to save Thailand. Thaksin is not a clean politicion but he brought Thailand back on their feet, first the economy and also bailed out Thailand at the imf many years earlier than the conditions were. Compared to Prayut is even Thaksin an angel and compared to his competence to the incompetent clowns now, he was an Einstein. Performance datas are facts even when we for sure want better politicians, but I only can compare with former pms and it is very clear who had the worst performances.

Uh-huh. 

And you're still not getting it. 

Shouldn't surprise. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

25 minutes ago, Rain said:

Uh-huh. 

And you're still not getting it. 

Shouldn't surprise. 

I know people they were against Thaksin and have supported the pdrc and they tell me now it was a big mistake and Thaksin was much better for Thailand than Prayut . I think I would prefer move forward because til now they seem more honest and they want to bring Thailand mire forward. Sure they are young but educated. And I answered like that because the question was if there was ever an better pm followed in the history.

Edited by King Cotton
Duplicated quote deleted.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Rain said:

Uh-huh. 

And you're still not getting it. 

Shouldn't surprise. 

Maybe I got not your point exactly because I am not an english native speaker but I guess you could give us some light on your point

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Rain said:

Uh-huh. 

And you're still not getting it. 

Shouldn't surprise. 

Shadows and unspeakable I surly would not write about

  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

even with opposition,they all have a common conflict of interest ? there be no changes,only the people can demand changes as they did with taxsin,the apathy amongst the general public is as if they given up hope after 7 years of a military government,but as we know things can be changed,by people will, is a way.

  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Join Thaiger Talk Today!

    Sign up in 30 seconds and join the discussion on everything Thailand!

  • Latest Posts

    1. 57

      News Forum - Thailand ranks 32nd globally for Muslim travel

    2. 57

      News Forum - Thailand ranks 32nd globally for Muslim travel

    3. 3

      News Forum - Elderly woman abducted and sexually assaulted by drug addict

    4. 14

      Wise demanding detailed personal and financial information

  • Tell a friend

    Love Thaiger Talk? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use