Afghanistan Has Fallen

9S_

42 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

I appreciate your service to your nation, even though it was in vain. However it was Trump who gave Afghanistan back to the Taliban, and swore to get out of the country. He inflicted the same level of damage on Syria. He was not and is not a patriot, on any level. Just a lying, draft dodging bankruptcy king. 

https---cdn.cnn.com-cnnnext-dam-assets-161012102650-ivanka-sits-on-trump.jpg

Kjs5rkx.jpg

5c791d0826289851f715a105.webp

w1280-p4x3-2020-11-21T154156Z_759010219_RC2R7K96UART_RTRMADP_3_USA-POMPEO-QATAR.jpg

90.jpeg

Wow, you are quite a silly trump derangement syndrome patient, do you need medication? 

18 minutes ago, PBS said:

US strategy for defeat of ISIS in Iraq and Syria was established by the Obama Administration, not trump. As you know trump stabbed the Kurds in the back after they had lost approx 11,000 killed fighting IS, with NATO and other coalition forces support. One of many articles which covered trump's betrayal.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-syria-kurds-906419/

Nonsense, the Obamanation created the isis caliphate. 

They began to address it, but were not very good at it. 

Trump allowed the military to pull the gloves off and engage without the Obamanation rules of engagement. 

Own it. 

Obama and Biden are career weak losers. 

5 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

Simply by keeping Bagram fully staffed with air power and the base open for flight traffic, while engaging all Taliban who were descending on Kabul for a few weeks while they evacuate. 

See how simple that is? 

And a few thousand American soldiers, would have been effective against 70,000 Taliban? That is the real question. I agree the evacuation was botched. No doubt about that. The Afghans who helped us deserved better than this. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

And how would you suggest Biden could have prevented that from happening, in practical terms?

I dont know, its not my job to analysis the situation and to make decisions . 

Joe was confident the Afghan Gov would have the strength to stay in power . 

He made a major misjudgment  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, PBS said:

US strategy for defeat of ISIS in Iraq and Syria was established by the Obama Administration, not trump. As you know trump stabbed the Kurds in the back after they had lost approx 11,000 killed fighting IS, with NATO and other coalition forces support. One of many articles which covered trump's betrayal.

I  beg to differ with you Obama had no desire to take on his creation (ISIS) as instability in the Middle East was a common feature under his administration I'll think you'll find when Trump got in the hot seat his have The Pentagon 30 days to get a plan on his desk to destroy ISIS only mistake he made was not backing a Kurdish State afterwards to reign in Turkey. 

And your link to Rollingstone they lost all credibility when they portrayed the Boston bomber as a Superstar on their front page.

Have you Americans decided whos fault it is yet?

Because once you've done that, you've still got a problem to solve. The Taliban are in charge, thats the first thing to get used to. Second, how to get the Dutch out?

5 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

Wow, you are quite a silly trump derangement syndrome patient, do you need medication? 

So many love that expression. And I admit I hate the man. He is a 14 foot crocodile. A snake oil salesman. And a major loser. 

I prefer TDD. Trump deceives his devotees. 

take-trump-to-prison.jpg.webp

27 minutes ago, PBS said:

Was it Obama that killed the the austere religious scholar who loved poetry, the ISIS leader who died bravely or was that Trump?

Was it Obama who abandoned American citizens to ISIS or was it Trump that rescued them?

1 minute ago, dmacarelli said:

So many love that expression. And I admit I hate the man. He is a 14 foot crocodile. A snake oil salesman. And a major loser. 

I prefer TDD. Trump deceives his devotees. 

take-trump-to-prison.jpg.webp

You keep telling people that you are proud of your intellect.  That is a sure sign of a failure. Screenshot_20210818_060036.jpg.f249a95e20574528055dedb98b1cbc66.jpg

Screenshot_20210704_152405.jpg

On 8/17/2021 at 8:38 AM, gummy said:

Love the picture of the two of them on a horse. Possibly trotting off for a bit of watersports

I absolutely didn't - the thought of that synchronised flab wobbling nearly made me lose my herb sausage omelette ! 

20 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Because once you've done that, you've still got a problem to solve. The Taliban are in charge, thats the first thing to get used to. Second, how to get the Dutch out?

DB552F94-AD28-4712-9022-42AC580A4BAB.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Poolie said:

This ones going to run and run .....

But fear not, give it a week and they're be sabre rattling in Papua New Guinea !

4 minutes ago, Benroon said:

But fear not, give it a week and they're be sabre rattling in Papua New Guinea !

No doubt, they'd rattle at China but they have taken to rattling back.

36 minutes ago, 23RD said:

I  beg to differ with you Obama had no desire to take on his creation (ISIS) as instability in the Middle East was a common feature under his administration I'll think you'll find when Trump got in the hot seat his have The Pentagon 30 days to get a plan on his desk to destroy ISIS only mistake he made was not backing a Kurdish State afterwards to reign in Turkey. 

And your link to Rollingstone they lost all credibility when they portrayed the Boston bomber as a Superstar on their front page.

Not only not backing a Kurdish state, but abandoning the Kurds totally, once we got out. He threw them under the bus like so many others, who he no longer had any need for. It has always been his M.O. He is a sad man. A sad specimen of a human being. 

But the Kurds were the best fighters to take on ISIS with western support. And so the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces did, with victory costing them dearly: 11,000 dead (versus six American losses). His decision has achieved that rarity in Washington these days: bipartisan condemnation, with leading Republicans calling the withdrawal "a bloodstain in the annals of American history" and "a grave strategic mistake".

https://www.insider.com/trump-betrayal-of-kurds-gave-intelligence-to-russia-2019-11

20191019_LDD001_1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Plus it has broken the 18 month boredom of Covid threads.

14 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

Not only not backing a Kurdish state, but abandoning the Kurds totally, once we got out. He threw them under the bus like so many others, who he no longer had any need for. It has always been his M.O. He is a sad man. A sad specimen of a human being. 

But the Kurds were the best fighters to take on ISIS with western support. And so the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces did, with victory costing them dearly: 11,000 dead (versus six American losses). His decision has achieved that rarity in Washington these days: bipartisan condemnation, with leading Republicans calling the withdrawal "a bloodstain in the annals of American history" and "a grave strategic mistake".

https://www.insider.com/trump-betrayal-of-kurds-gave-intelligence-to-russia-2019-11

20191019_LDD001_1.jpg

Yes agreed he should have taken better care off the Kurds but at least he didn't abandon American citizens to the Taliban like Biden has and Trump did his best to secure his own borders and protect his own people unlike Biden?

Can I ask your nationality dmacarelli ? are you a liberal American by any chance? serious question.

29 minutes ago, 23RD said:

Yes agreed he should have taken better care off the Kurds but at least he didn't abandon American citizens to the Taliban like Biden has and Trump did his best to secure his own borders and protect his own people unlike Biden?

Can I ask your nationality dmacarelli ? are you a liberal American by any chance? serious question.

I am an American. Never been a liberal. I am a centrist democrat, who disagrees with most of my democratic friends on alot of policy. For instance I support the death penalty, when there is positive DNA, or there are eye witnesses to support the guilty verdict. And I do not support the right to appeal. Pull the plug, so to speak. The state should not have to pay a fortune to keep a person who committed a heinous crime alive, while the appeals drag on for years. 

I also do not support abortion past the 1st trimester. I believe in the right to own guns. But, only up to a point. Perhaps a limit of 3 guns per household. And no military weapons for home use. I believe you cannot discuss illegal immigration, before you are ready to discuss reform of the immigration system, which is outdated, and has a 65 year old quota system, which is broken.

I also believe that a president should not have the right to declare war, unless he has offspring he is willing to send into war. And I would go so far as to say only veterans have the right to lead the nation. Many things like that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PBS said:

Numerous reports state US spent $83 billion on Afghan forces since 2001, example below, not trillions.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/08/us-afghanistan-taliban-training/619774/

The trump / Taliban Doha deal did not include a ceasefire with Afghan forces, in fact Taliban increased the tempo of their attacks on Afghan forces after trump's 'deal' from which the Afghan government was excluded.

Rubbish.

20 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

For instance I support the death penalty, when there is positive DNA, or there are eye witnesses to support the guilty verdict. And I do not support the right to appeal. Pull the plug, so to speak. The state should not have to pay a fortune to keep a person who committed a heinous crime alive, while the appeals drag on for years. 

I also do not support abortion past the 1st trimester. I believe in the right to own guns

So by reading this paragraph it's understandable that your not a rabid lefty more off a moderate Democrat the sort of Democrat that was the majority not the exception within the Democrat party say 30 years ago.

As a moderate Democrat are you appalled at the way Joe Biden has conducted this withdrawal fiasco?

24 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

I am an American. Never been a liberal. I am a centrist democrat, who disagrees with most of my democratic friends on alot of policy. For instance I support the death penalty, when there is positive DNA, or there are eye witnesses to support the guilty verdict. And I do not support the right to appeal. Pull the plug, so to speak. The state should not have to pay a fortune to keep a person who committed a heinous crime alive, while the appeals drag on for years. 

I also do not support abortion past the 1st trimester. I believe in the right to own guns. But, only up to a point. Perhaps a limit of 3 guns per household. And no military weapons for home use. I believe you cannot discuss illegal immigration, before you are ready to discuss reform of the immigration system, which is outdated, and has a 65 year old quota system, which is broken.

I also believe that a president should not have the right to declare war, unless he has offspring he is willing to send into war. And I would go so far as to say only veterans have the right to lead the nation. Many things like that. 

And you are a rabid trump hating irrational unhinged "centrist" 

But then, you aren't a "liberal" 

😂🤣😂🤣

6 hours ago, JamesE said:

I'm not disagreeing with the "complete disaster" aspect of this. It's hard to lose a war gracefully and it did happen on Biden's watch but it was a CF of biblical proportions since about 2003. Biden did pass the deadline Trump set by three months, but when a half-million people suddenly realize they're on the list and they should head for the airport, order tends to degrade quickly. Ironically, there are more US troops in Afghanistan right now than there have been for years.

The Taliban held up their end of the deal. They stopped blowing us up and did go to the negotiation table with the incompetent buffoons we were propping up. The $2+ trillion Afghan Army we set up folded like a wet Kleenex.

The western alliances just haven't been able to come to terms with their continuing inability to defeat a bunch of guys wearing sandals. Maybe this time the lesson will stick but I wouldn't put money on it.

Gibberish.

2 hours ago, 9S_ said:

Was it Obama that killed the the austere religious scholar who loved poetry, the ISIS leader who died bravely or was that Trump?

Was it Obama who abandoned American citizens to ISIS or was it Trump that rescued them?

LOL I see many trump types posting deflections - a number also from the other platform 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 9S_ said:

Was that the guy who was responsible for organizing numerous terror attacks ?