Afghanistan Has Fallen

9S_

17 minutes ago, shanghailoz said:

If you've been working for the enemy, it typically makes sense to get out while you can.  

Being known as a collaborator is not typically seen as good thing in any scenario.

Especially to a group of bloodthirsty religious psychos that execute people in sports stadiums and flog people for cutting off their beards.

I'd be proud to work for any enemy that helped girls get an education and didn't stone people to death. The shame on my country, America, is that we are no longer protecting those who helped the vast coalition of mostly civilized nations fighting against the insanity that is the Taliban and al Qeada. 

I still have hopes that the idiotic notion of abandoning the Afghan people to 7th century barbarism can be changed. 

Luckily, I don't believe that the nutty isolationism and China support I see in this forum are widely shared. 

I generally would not keep commenting, but since I am in 14 day quarantine due to international travel, I'll keep my blood pressure high by watching responses.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Rain said:

All the while, your beloved Dwight engaged the American military and intelligence services in a record number of covert and overt activities of a nasty nature that the world had never seen......and subsequently, every succeeding President has seen fit to join the club of interfering with foreign sovereigns in one manner or another. I trust you're not slobbering too romantically over an old warhorse who conveniently, and hypocritically, spewed these infamous tomes. 

Oh I am not delusional that Eisenhower was any saint.  After all, he is the one who got the USA involved in the Korean war and Vietnam.  I just theorize that this statement was his final speech as departing president.  "Perhaps" he saw the curtain pulled away during his 8 years as president to the influence that the military industrial complex had in pulling the levers of government and was trying to warn future generations of it. 

There is no question the USA has stuck its nose in the business of other sovereign nations and in all those cases has left those nations in far worse condition.  It should not be the job of the USA to act as a cop and control every regime they find disfavor with.  Saddam Hussein was not a nice man but if that is your litmus test for going to war, there will be an endless list of nations to go to war with.  Afghanistan "may have" been harboring terrorists and serving as a training ground but again, how exactly do you prevent that.  Heck, they can't even prevent home grown terrorists on U.S.A. soil let alone in a foreign country thousands of miles away with a population of people who for the most part hate the USA and certainly would be fearful of ever helping the USA kill the Taliban. 

2 hours ago, gummy said:

They have illegally invaded or interfered in so many nations that by their own judgmental standards, then then the US military could qualify as a terrorist group themselves. Perhaps it is about  time the Chinese became the worlds policemen after all. Perhaps Afghanistan will be the start of that process.

We could say that exact same thing about England and most European countries in their centuries of "colonization" which was just a cover for theft, enslavement, raping and pillaging in the name of the crown. 

16 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

We could say that exact same thing about England and most European countries in their centuries of "colonization" which was just a cover for theft, enslavement, raping and pillaging in the name of the crown. 

Ok, then say it.

We are talking today though. Like, NOW.

2 hours ago, gummy said:

They have illegally invaded or interfered in so many nations that by their own judgmental standards, then then the US military could qualify as a terrorist group themselves. Perhaps it is about  time the Chinese became the worlds policemen after all. Perhaps Afghanistan will be the start of that process.

Do you know the difference between a terrorist act and an act of state ?

21 hours ago, 9S_ said:

Is this Joe Biden talking about HIS DECISION to withdraw troops last month or is this Donald Trump?

Here is Joe Biden going against his own intelligence community assessments regarding the collapse of the Afghan government. In his own decision to go against the intelligence community. 

Here is Kamala Harris talking about Joe Bidens decision to withdraw from Afghanistan 

https://nypost.com/2021/04/25/harris-was-last-voice-in-the-room-for-afghanistan-withdrawal/

Barack Obama praising Joe Biden’s decision to withdraw as well as numerous politicians

It was Bidens decision to scrap Trumps Crisis Response Plan which would prevent another Benghazi and set up a response team to evacuate Americans during a crisis

https://thenationalpulse.com/exclusive/bidens-state-dept-halted-trump-era-crisis-response-plan/

While Trump did withdraw troops on the last day of his presidency:

-Zero nada nil provincial capitals fell to the Taliban

-Kabul didn’t fall to the Taliban

-Begram airbase wasn’t abandoned in the dead of night without notifying any of our allies

-Afghanistan had a a functioning Air Force

This happened under Joe Biden, under his watch, while he vacationed at Camp David:

$1 Billion of American military equipment in the hands of the Taliban 

https://www.dailywire.com/news/disturbing-footage-shows-extent-of-weapons-seized-by-taliban-after-bidens-disastrous-pullout

People getting executed in broad daylight in the streets of Kabul: both women and children. Reports of people being whipped with chains

https://nypost.com/2021/08/18/images-show-barbaric-reality-in-taliban-controlled-afghanistan/

And the residents response?

https://www.opindia.com/2021/08/joe-biden-interview-abc-news-afghan-withdrawal-falling-off-airplanes/

So it was said and so it shall be  written ! biden made the biggest blunder in recent history  !

Thanks 9S , for the undisputed sourced facts. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fluke said:

He should have listened to what his intelligence agencies told him about there being the huge possibility that the Afghan Gov call fall very rapidly and that the Taliban would take over , then he could have made arrangements for a timely evacuation .

But no, he dismissed what the intelligence agencies told him as being "lies" and continued with his belief that the Afghan Government was there to stay .

His whole strategy was that nothing will change and there will be no need for an evacuation .

He made a huge costly error of judgement , even after being given relevant information showing the Afghan Gov was in a precarious situation .

But nevermind  hey, that was five days ago 

"Depending on whom you ask, Joe Biden’s entry into the 2020 presidential race either means the Democratic field now has its most experienced and celebrated foreign policy candidate — or a frontrunner who hasn’t made a good foreign policy decision in decades".

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/4/26/18515680/joe-biden-2020-foreign-policy-record-iraq

I'll take history,Door # 2  ! biden is a devoted  establishment politician ,who continues to make bad decisions  but this one will be his high water mark.

1 hour ago, Fluke said:

Do you know the difference between a terrorist act and an act of state ?

And do you know the difference between state sponsored murder of civilians and murder of civilians by  an  army of religious weirdos ? If you do then tell it to the families of those murdered as it matters not one jot I suspect in their eyes.

8 minutes ago, riclag said:

"Depending on whom you ask, Joe Biden’s entry into the 2020 presidential race either means the Democratic field now has its most experienced and celebrated foreign policy candidate — or a frontrunner who hasn’t made a good foreign policy decision in decades".

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/4/26/18515680/joe-biden-2020-foreign-policy-record-iraq

I'll take history,Door # 2  ! biden is a devoted  establishment politician ,who continues to make bad decisions  but this one will be his high water mark.

Yes, in addition, there is a radio interview Tuesday with Dan bongino who interviewed former state official Robert Charles where he states that three weeks ago, Anthony Blinken signed a document that literally abolished the crisis and contingency response bureau at the department of state. 

Blinken has not provided this document to congress. 

These idiots knew what was going to happen and they wanted to push all the responsibility to the pentagon. 

Pure incompetence and malfeasance. 

Remember all the leftists celebrated when obiden was "elected" that the "adults" would be in charge? 

What a joke these idiots are. 

I will post the YouTube video link if needed or if the leftist wokesters need to hear it. 

Edited by mcambl61
Youtube

9 minutes ago, gummy said:

And do you know the difference between state sponsored murder of civilians and murder of civilians by  an  army of religious weirdos ? If you do then tell it to the families of those murdered as it matters not one jot I suspect in their eyes.

Do you know the difference between "murder" and accidental death ?

3 hours ago, Dancbmac said:

You nailed it.  They do not think the same as Westerners and are basically trying to survive each day.  It is a tribal society and try to get money for their large families anyway they can.

Makes sense right! Unfortunately the intel community and military think tanks  with all of their strategists didn't see this coming !

The biden admin should of  seen  this coming ,the conscripts running like rats !

2 hours ago, mcambl61 said:

Shhhhh ! You'll get the brits goin on here 555

8 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Do you know the difference between "murder" and accidental death ?

Do you know the difference between ignorance and stupidity ?

1 hour ago, mcambl61 said:

I will post the YouTube video link if needed or if the leftist wokesters need to hear it. 

Nah, its ok. I'm British and to use your own, oft used words, you 'own it.'

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Rain said:

All the while, your beloved Dwight engaged the American military and intelligence services in a record number of covert and overt activities of a nasty nature that the world had never seen......and subsequently, every succeeding President has seen fit to join the club of interfering with foreign sovereigns in one manner or another. I trust you're not slobbering too romantically over an old warhorse who conveniently, and hypocritically, spewed these infamous tomes. 

I think you need to be (quite) a bit more specific.

And if these activities were covert how come the nasty nature of them was observable? 

• Like 1

Anne Applebaum wrote this:  A theocratic, misogynistic, militaristic organization is rapidly destroying whatever elements of liberal society managed to take root in Afghanistan during two decades of “neocon imperialism.” Within hours of the Taliban victory, women were told not to enter Herat University, Taliban forces firedon peaceful protesters, and those who worked with Americans or Europeans in any capacity went into hiding or tried to escape. In the streets of Kabul, men began hastily whitewashing posters showing the faces of women, who will now once again be banished into the shadows.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/08/liberal-democracy-worth-fight/619833/

7 hours ago, mcambl61 said:

To be fair its still like that in most English towns on a Saturday night !

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, mcambl61 said:

Yes you could.

AND  YOU'D  BE RIGHT.

47 minutes ago, Rain said:

....and why can't those uncouth savages just be like us?

It take years 100's , 1000's of years  , millennia , to get like us .

They cannot just change at a click of a finger 

56 minutes ago, Fluke said:

It take years 100's , 1000's of years  , millennia , to get like us .

They cannot just change at a click of a finger 

Only applies to naive and literal types. 😇

On 8/19/2021 at 11:57 PM, Poolie said:

Ok, then say it.

We are talking today though. Like, NOW.

We could even suggest that things have not changed, whatsoever, from centuries on.