BREAKING: Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has signed a new order revoking his ban on fake news and fearmongering

NCC1701A

19 minutes ago, gummy said:

Well well that's a climb down from this buffoon . I wonder who instructed him to do that ?

That would be the Civil Court. They handed down the ruling last week.

• Like 1

In order to re-draft and re-enact Legislation, the original Legislation has to be formally withdrawn.  My bet is that they are working on the re-draft, and a more 'fine tuned' Legislation will be enacted. The Court rejected the original because it was 'too vague' - their next step will be to make it 'very clear'.  

• Like 3

He is going to be busy then Bob re - drafting this and passing the begging bowl to other country's for free vaccines. Or should we call him Oliver holding the bowl out saying  " Please Sir i want more ".

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

In order to re-draft and re-enact Legislation, the original Legislation has to be formally withdrawn.  My bet is that they are working on the re-draft, and a more 'fine tuned' Legislation will be enacted. The Court rejected the original because it was 'too vague' - their next step will be to make it 'very clear'.  

You seem to be able to read them like a book. 101 Junta. I would think you nailed that directly on the head. And in the meantime they use the other draconian laws and ones sprouting from section 44 and the emergency CV-19 ones to keep the lid tightly sealed, or the knee on the neck.

OH, and in another news article they are seeking to buy spyware so they can monitor all social media applications and this dives into private messaging. All chat apps. So they are marching to curb freedom.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, vlad said:

He is going to be busy then Bob re - drafting this and passing the begging bowl to other country's for free vaccines. Or should we call him Oliver holding the bowl out saying  " Please Sir i want more ".

He does work so tirelessly for this country. Well that's what he keeps on telling everyone why he can't resign.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

You seem to be able to read them like a book. 101 Junta. I would think you nailed that directly on the head. And in the meantime they use the other draconian laws and ones sprouting from section 44 and the emergency CV-19 ones to keep the lid tightly sealed, or the knee on the neck.

OH, and in another news article they are seeking to buy spyware so they can monitor all social media applications and this dives into private messaging. All chat apps. So they are marching to curb freedom.

Thanks. And you are right - that is the reality of the future here in Thailand for Expats.  Right now the Junta Govt is focussed on dissenting Thais and crime, but in the future they will be like China and they will 'monitor' all Expats.  Thailand is at a crossroad, more so than ever before, and if the Junta Govt is not voted out, they will turn hard left on the wheel., and follow their 'advisers' from China.  The stupid thing, of many many stupid things in Thailand, is that the elite and unmentionable Thais don't seem to realise that when Mao took over China they were all 'purged' (hence Taiwan).  The wealthy and elite Chinese origin Thais will mostly be OK and they know it, because China has learned the advantage of 'managed businessmen'. 

• Like 6

Maybe someone told him that his previous statement (banning "fake news and fearmongering") was itself fake news - and fearmongering - and that he could be arrested and charged under the same decree he had just announced.

Wouldn't that be poetic justice !

• Haha 2
  • Cool 1

3 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Thanks. And you are right - that is the reality of the future here in Thailand for Expats.  Right now the Junta Govt is focussed on dissenting Thais and crime, but in the future they will be like China and they will 'monitor' all Expats.  Thailand is at a crossroad, more so than ever before, and if the Junta Govt is not voted out, they will turn hard left on the wheel., and follow their 'advisers' from China.  The stupid thing, of many many stupid things in Thailand, is that the elite and unmentionable Thais don't seem to realise that when Mao took over China they were all 'purged' (hence Taiwan).  The wealthy and elite Chinese origin Thais will mostly be OK and they know it, because China has learned the advantage of 'managed businessmen'. 

Yep it certainly looks as if being driven that way piece by piece, chip by chip. The younger Thai see it too for what is happening to them, so they are trying to figure out what is the best way to get them out without fighting as they are generally peaceful. But it is probably going to have to go the ugly way if they are ever going to succeed..

There is also a public awareness currently being sent around to them by them regarding the one Thai corporation here who is trying to corner everything being their monopoly. Actually very shrewd and now quite successful as has moved into helping build high speed trains with a certain country. Who knows of why this never came up before, but perhaps it was a certain donation some time back to the you know who, and then a certain Chinese vaccine that opened up that scorching cauldron of their now trying to have a full total awareness and boycott before it is really too late. Their eyes have finally been opened up with shock and disdain.

Funny, and only a coincidence, but this corporation's name is only 1 letter short of the ruling party in commie land. One should read up at how close they both are to each other in relations, and that the family is only seeming to say we are Th-ai when it really looks the other way from where the family came from.

Pretty soon with the spy ware that will be bought from the you know who, that will be able to reach into every app and social media platform even on a one on one talk messaging conversation with a friend, we will all will have to stop talking about stuff like this and only revert to speaking about things that do not touch any criticism or matters that would have a red flag pop up from key target words.  So, I do take an interest in this, not only because of my living here and married and have invested a boat load of money, but it is mainly because I have 3 kids here and it is their future I worry about as I would hate to see them sucked under by that of like a com m i e or dic - tator-ship re - gime. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, kerryd said:

Maybe someone told him that his previous statement (banning "fake news and fearmongering") was itself fake news - and fearmongering - and that he could be arrested and charged under the same decree he had just announced.

Wouldn't that be poetic justice !

It is funny to think about it that way, but probably Naw, just side stepping with a smoke screen until they can enact the next stage new law that gives full immunity as they one way or the other can tie everything into being related to CV-19 and that amnesty and immunity about to cover them.

59 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

It is funny to think about it that way, but probably Naw, just side stepping with a smoke screen until they can enact the next stage new law that gives full immunity as they one way or the other can tie everything into being related to CV-19 and that amnesty and immunity about to cover them.

Remember what happened when the (People's Power Party - led by Thaksin's sister) tried to pass an Amnesty Bill so they could bring Thaksin back, then cried when they realized it would also pardon any of the opposition party's members as well.
They wanted to amend the bill so it would only apply to "their" friends but ended up getting shot down in flames.

But it wouldn't be the first time a government amended a Constitution and made laws specifically designed to protect them once they left office.

Putin did that in Russia not long ago, using his power to pass laws stating he would be exempt from prosecution (for almost any and everything) for the rest of his life.
Though he's set himself up to be "President ForLife" already by changing the Constitution and removing the term limits that should have seen him removed from office years ago.

Judging by the protests already happening, if Prayut & Co were to try something like that, it could be the spark to trigger a national uprising.

And I doubt Prayut and his buddies have the support of anyone wearing a shirt, be it red or yellow. Not sure even the "camouflage"  shirts would have his back in that case.

10 minutes ago, kerryd said:

Remember what happened when the (People's Power Party - led by Thaksin's sister) tried to pass an Amnesty Bill so they could bring Thaksin back, then cried when they realized it would also pardon any of the opposition party's members as well.
They wanted to amend the bill so it would only apply to "their" friends but ended up getting shot down in flames.

But it wouldn't be the first time a government amended a Constitution and made laws specifically designed to protect them once they left office.

Putin did that in Russia not long ago, using his power to pass laws stating he would be exempt from prosecution (for almost any and everything) for the rest of his life.
Though he's set himself up to be "President ForLife" already by changing the Constitution and removing the term limits that should have seen him removed from office years ago.

Judging by the protests already happening, if Prayut & Co were to try something like that, it could be the spark to trigger a national uprising.

And I doubt Prayut and his buddies have the support of anyone wearing a shirt, be it red or yellow. Not sure even the "camouflage"  shirts would have his back in that case.

This one is supposedly spear headed by Ansputin to protect any health workers and people associated with CV-19 decision making. Will be time stamped, but worded specifically to protect you know who and not really the who they say. Will be interesting, and if it just so happens to stir d issen t and a full uprising reprisal against these A - turds, well then time to get some popcorn and watch the festivities. XI did the same thing as Putin. Don't figure here as well as they have no intent on the changing of the guard. So is like pulling the wool over the people's eyes before they really understand what just happened and can do anything about it.

22 hours ago, gummy said:

Well well that's a climb down from this buffoon . I wonder who instructed him to do that ?

His Lawyer.........?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yep it certainly looks as if being driven that way piece by piece, chip by chip. The younger Thai see it too for what is happening to them, so they are trying to figure out what is the best way to get them out without fighting as they are generally peaceful. But it is probably going to have to go the ugly way if they are ever going to succeed..

There is also a public awareness currently being sent around to them by them regarding the one Thai corporation here who is trying to corner everything being their monopoly. Actually very shrewd and now quite successful as has moved into helping build high speed trains with a certain country. Who knows of why this never came up before, but perhaps it was a certain donation some time back to the you know who, and then a certain Chinese vaccine that opened up that scorching cauldron of their now trying to have a full total awareness and boycott before it is really too late. Their eyes have finally been opened up with shock and disdain.

Funny, and only a coincidence, but this corporation's name is only 1 letter short of the ruling party in commie land. One should read up at how close they both are to each other in relations, and that the family is only seeming to say we are Th-ai when it really looks the other way from where the family came from.

Pretty soon with the spy ware that will be bought from the you know who, that will be able to reach into every app and social media platform even on a one on one talk messaging conversation with a friend, we will all will have to stop talking about stuff like this and only revert to speaking about things that do not touch any criticism or matters that would have a red flag pop up from key target words.  So, I do take an interest in this, not only because of my living here and married and have invested a boat load of money, but it is mainly because I have 3 kids here and it is their future I worry about as I would hate to see them sucked under by that of like a com m i e or dic - tator-ship re - gime. 

Very well said @HolyCowCm  Not PC to say it, but it is so true.  Ever since WW2 the Thainese (Chinese Thais) have been taking over Thailand slowly slowly.  And now they have an 'aligned' Govt in place, they are going more and more towards the 'motherland'.   With regards to the Chinese and their 'physical attributes, there is one physical feature that is very much passed down the generations - very similar to the Germans.  Take a close look at the PM and the Junta's Cabinet members - then take a look at all the billionaires in Thailand.  The majority of them have a common ancestry and it is so obvious. If you cant quite see it then take a look at websites like this: Original of Thai people ! Thier believe , Culture and traditional (lets-tour-bangkok.com)   

17 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Very well said @HolyCowCm  Not PC to say it, but it is so true.  Ever since WW2 the Thainese (Chinese Thais) have been taking over Thailand slowly slowly.  And now they have an 'aligned' Govt in place, they are going more and more towards the 'motherland'.   With regards to the Chinese and their 'physical attributes, there is one physical feature that is very much passed down the generations - very similar to the Germans.  Take a close look at the PM and the Junta's Cabinet members - then take a look at all the billionaires in Thailand.  The majority of them have a common ancestry and it is so obvious. If you cant quite see it then take a look at websites like this: Original of Thai people ! Thier believe , Culture and traditional (lets-tour-bangkok.com)   

Yes I see a lot of it all around. Are you referring to moles with hair protruding out? Hahahaha. You mean a Chinese look in appearance? Maybe a type of jade style ring that some of them also wear? In any case for most are easy to tell where their family tree is lined up to. Big P I am not sure of though, but Toad Boy absolutely.