Phuket bans alcohol sales at restaurants, issues order amid rise of Covid cases

Thaiger

5 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Agreed, @Shark, but that's hardly the same as saying "Bangkok never wanted the vacinations in the first place, young and old" and that there was a "big anti vax movement"!

I won't say it's everyone. But it was available before the Phuket & Samui vaccination that's what I'm saying.

43 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Learn to read it! You know nothing about germany or France you not even can read it or understand it! You want to explain me Germany as I born there and grow up there and at a border area to France/ swiss and living and working in 4 european and speaking the languages? I sent already the links and I translated it already the laws and anouncements!

It says outside at some place were they have big crowds from 10 pm to 6 am in the morning. NO ALCOHOL BAN on restaurants!!!!!!

Do you get it??!

Ummm ... yes, that was the rule at that time for Stuttgart.

Things may have changed, but the last time I looked Stuttgart didn't legislate for the rest of Germany, let alone France, Greece, Spain, Portugal, Ireland, Holland, Luxembourg, Austria, Belgium, Sweden or Iceland!

50 minutes ago, Stardust said:

this shows clearly everything about your ignorance and mindset! I will no more answer to this thread!

Promises, promises!

Last time you said you had me on ignore, but obviously that wasn't true either!

5 minutes ago, Shark said:

I won't say it's everyone. But it was available before the Phuket & Samui vaccination that's what I'm saying.

Fair enough, but I don't think Bangkok had any doses going spare!

As one poster said, his 24 year old neice working at Phuket Phantasea was vaccinated while his two sister-in-laws in their 70's still haven't been.

I don't see how that can be justified rationally.

Just now, Stonker said:

As one poster said, his 24 year old neice working at Phuket Phantasea was vaccinated while his two sister-in-laws in their 70's still haven't been.

I don't know. I need to still receive my 2nd in Phuket.
One thing one can argue is that the 24 year old mostlikely would be exposed to more people then the 70 year old, other rationale I don't have.

I knew here in Samui it was actually quiet simple for anybody to sign up, except me and my wife. We had a visa from a different Amphur and where asked to go there instead.

14 minutes ago, Shark said:

knew here in Samui it was actually quiet simple for anybody to sign up, except me and my wife. We had a visa from a different Amphur and where asked to go there instead.

That was true in Phuket I know people couldn't get a jab because their tabien baan was up in sticky rice land

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

That was true in Phuket I know people couldn't get a jab because their tabien baan was up in sticky rice land

Yes, @Lsl, that's the whole problem with the "70% of the population vaccinated" claim - it's barely 50% of the real population.

2 hours ago, Benroon said:

I think that’s wise as so far you’ve got nothing right! 

Still at least you’ve accepted there were and still is, alcohol bans throughout Europe  - perhaps your relatives conveniently located throughout Europe were just in a deep sleep ? 

Read the laws i gave the link and show any source it say something!

You must be realy an empty head and just telling sommething wothout source and I sent many times the anouncement including the laws about the bans they made.

Somebody is standing on your grid?

Here again the last time that you are not right and by the way don't explain as an english anything about europe the ignorance of some english extremists is annoying for europeans including the Irish and Scottish! The empire is over and the old ignorance common wealth style. No more " the road to mandalay" . Brexit is done no more explain the eurpeans Europe or what you think what is Europe or Eirope have to do. You guys are only me, me always what Europe has to do for England never what you could do for Europe. The Irish and Scotts are tired too of this ignorance to think the world, Europe is England or the UK and rest is like air. You even not speak any european language and cannot read any anouncements about the laws about alcohol bans but still insisting about you are roght even when I sent you the law! Here again

https://coronavirus.stuttgart.de/item/show/713383#:~:text=Deshalb hat die Landeshauptstadt Stuttgart,Alkohol konsumiert oder ausgeschenkt werden.

And now never again explain any European about Europe or any Irish Ireland! You are out! We are all annoyed and fed up of this ignorance . Long enough we had to listen to it and we are in 2021 and not on the time of the road to Mandalay! You got it?!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, longwood50 said:

Were these the same "experts" that said that the virus was not a problem, no human to human transmission. 

No.

The reality is that at best masks prevent someone who is infected and coughs or sneezes from spraying droplets into the air. 

Well, that's your opinion but the experts now don't agree with you.

If you have people sitting together in an enclosed area particularly a close one like a car, the persons breath is going to go through the mask including the virus and the person wearing a mask is going to inhale it.  If you don't believe that put your mask on, put a mirror in front of your face and blow.  You will see the mirror fog.   The mask is not a filter that prevents the virus from escaping or being inhaled,

As above, the experts don't agree ... and even with a mask on it's probably not a good idea to "blow" in someone's face as near as the mirror would be, so hardly a valid test.

If the masks wee really effective, Estonia, the Netherlands, and Lithuania would have lower covid infection rates than Sweden where there is no mask mandate.  They do not.

Hardly a logical conclusion as you're ignoring all other factors - it would be little less rational to claim that Sweden's rate is lower because they speak Swedish!

For what little it's worth, though, (nothing), while the case rates are comparable (Latvia's is considerably lower - 7.3% vs 10.7), Sweden's fatality rate is the highest (0.14%).

If quarantines were effective, New York and New Jersey would have lower covid infection rates than Florida and Texas.  They do not, quite the opposite.  You say population density.  Nope, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, Rhode Island, and Iowa are the highest rate per million despite being some of the most sparsely populated areas of the USA. 

Again, you're taking one thing in isolation (quarantines) but ignoring all other factors such as mask wearing, work routines, etc. ... and 'no', I don't say "population density" as that would be to ignore all other factors and cherry pick.

I swear that if the "experts" or government told people that wearing a necklace made from garlic and carrying a silver cross would not only ward off vampires but block coronavirus that they would believe them. 

Well, maybe in the States but I doubt it!

The facts on covid infections just don't bear out that draconian measures have much if any impact on lowering covid infection rates.  At best they delay them a week, or month. 

Well, again, that's your view, but the experts disagree  with you pretty well unanimously now.

... and the draconian measures of isolating all testing positive in state quarantine and their contacts in self-quarantine (and in some countries state quarantine too) and limiting travel domestically and / or internationally worked very effectively for the countries that applied them for the whole of last year, as the stats show beyond any possible doubt, and that should have given them the breathing space to prepare their vaccine programmes.

Vaccines hold the best promise to lower covid infection rates and it has been exactly that one thing that Thailand has done the worst job in procuring.

Agreed absolutely! ☺

2 hours ago, Stardust said:

I will no more answer to this thread!

Oh well, promises, promises, that lasted less than two hours!

14 minutes ago, Stardust said:

You must be realy an empty head and just telling sommething wothout source and I sent many times the anouncement including the laws about the bans they made.

Here again the last time that you are not right and by the way don't explain as an english anything about europe the ignorance of some english extremists is annoying for europeans including the Irish and Scottish! The empire is over and the old ignorance common wealth style. No more " the road to mandalay" . Brexit is done no more explain the eurpeans Europe or what you think what is Europe or Eirope have to do. You guys are only me, me always what Europe has to do for England never what you could do for Europe. The Irish and Scotts are tired too of this ignorance to think the world, Europe is England or the UK and rest is like air. You even not speak any european language and cannot read any anouncements about the laws about alcohol bans but still insisting about you are roght even when I sent you the law! Here again

https://coronavirus.stuttgart.de/item/show/713383#:~:text=Deshalb hat die Landeshauptstadt Stuttgart,Alkohol konsumiert oder ausgeschenkt werden.

And now never again explain any European about Europe or any Irish Ireland! You are out! We are all annoyed and fed up of this ignorance . Long enough we had to listen to it and we are in 2021 and not on the time of the road to Mandalay! You got it?!

It may come as a shock, @Stardust, but Stuttgart doesn't rule Europe, or even Germany.

15 hours ago, Stonker said:

I don't think he does.

As you say, France closed the bars and nightclubs for months, as did Germany including the beer gardens, and plenty of others have done so off and on: Greece, Spain, Portugal (still closed), Ireland, Holland, Luxembourg, Austria, Belgium and Sweden - even Iceland!

You just can't make some of this stuff up, but they still insist they're right!

Alcohol was not prohibited, but bars and restaurants were closed. Before summer bars and restaurants opened their terraces, where you could eat and drink and before summer holidays they opened inside. In some countries you need a proof of duble vaccination or recent PCR test before entering.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Europeans are celtic and latin but not English! Ask a Irish or a Scott he understands for sure what I mean and why all in Europe are annoyed about the English Ignorance and this Brexit extremists. You put yourself over all even when you know nothing about them and also wanna explain a Irish about his hometown he grow up even you never been there and explain a german their but not even can read and never read it. Brexit is done and accept the reality England is not Europe dont explain them any law that they know better than you and stop the ignorance or do I explain you the law of England and claim I know it better than the English. I am European! You got it? And I speak 3 languangues as native languange but to know you have to know the border are France and understand that there are 2 or 3 native languanges are!. Thats it! Europe is fed up of this Ignorance, learn to accept it!

4 minutes ago, Alavan said:

Alcohol was not prohibited, but bars and restaurants were closed. Before summer bars and restaurants opened their terraces, where you could eat and drink and before summer holidays they opened inside. In some countries you need a proof of duble vaccination or recent PCR test before entering.

Exactly , thank yoi very much to explain that some ignorants who think they know it better even they not speak or can read German, French or any other European languange

8 minutes ago, Alavan said:

In Belgium alcohol was never prohibited, but pubs and restaurants were closed. and during the worst time of the pandemie not more than 4 people could gather together, preferably always from the same families. And those groups of 4 could enjoy a bottle of champaign together on a park bench as I have seen.
There was a lot more alcohol sold in supermarkets.

6 minutes ago, Alavan said:

In Belgium alcohol was never prohibited, but pubs and restaurants were closed. and during the worst time of the pandemie not more than 4 people could gather together, preferably always from the same families. And those groups of 4 could enjoy a bottle of champaign together on a park bench as I have seen.
There was a lot more alcohol sold in supermarkets.

In Belgium a politician prohibiting beer/wine/alcohol consumption would be committing political suicide.  My fellow citizens can endure any other nonsense as long as our gourmet burgundy lifestyle is not affected. Schol - sante!

56 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Well, that's your opinion but the experts now don't agree with you.

Well this is what Fauci said in an email. 

image.thumb.png.02fba83fe77400c82c513d8f06e7beec.png

I also noted you "quoted" that elusive "expert" but did name him/her or quote any article to support your position.  Here however is my support for what I said.  It stops droplets but testing showed even those let alone the virus goes through the mask.  

image.thumb.png.70c3ad1437b4052d38fada3656d8f286.png

49 minutes ago, Alavan said:

Alcohol was not prohibited, but bars and restaurants were closed.

Ummm ..... yes ..... rather like Thailand?!

Business travelers and tourists around the world have gotten used to last-minute, reasonable restrictions upon arrival at their destinations.  It's part of living with the pandemic.

What is more difficult from my view are overly complex and changing restrictions to traveling itself.  The clearest, simplest and of course safest travel guidelines possible will be a more important factor in my traveling decisions than whether or not bars can serve alcohol or convenience stores won't be open all night.

Edited by Jwd
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, longwood50 said:

Well this is what Fauci said in an email. 

image.thumb.png.02fba83fe77400c82c513d8f06e7beec.png

I also noted you "quoted" that elusive "expert" but did name him/her or quote any article to support your position.  Here however is my support for what I said.  It stops droplets but testing showed even those let alone the virus goes through the mask.  

image.thumb.png.70c3ad1437b4052d38fada3656d8f286.png

Sorry, but 'no', I didn't quote anyone!

While the Newsweek article was dated June this year, that actual e-mail was sent on February 5 2020.  Views change depending on the available information, and that's very much NOT his view now as he's made very clear, and it hasn't been his view for over a year.

Rather than cherry pick something out of context, a search for fauci masks covid will give you plenty of choice.

The AIP study doesn't actually support your view that masks are ineffective, but says the opposite:

"Without a face mask it is almost certain that many foreign droplets will transfer to the susceptible person. Wearing a mask will offer substantial, but not complete, protection to a susceptible person by decreasing the number of foreign airborne droplets that would otherwise enter the person without the mask."

Sorry, but given the views of your choice of "expert" you don't really need me to provide any more!

1 hour ago, Stardust said:

Exactly , thank yoi very much to explain that some ignorants who think they know it better even they not speak or can read German, French or any other European languange

You succeed in demonstrating your ignorance more with every post you make.

English is one of the official European languages.

Hi all,

Time for a bit of a chill....things starting to get a bit elevated!

As much as I love discussions on the law of drinking in different countries, we seem to be moving away from them being used as examples for discussion on the topic.

Let's have a cold beer together and see if we can get back on course. 

Thanks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Smithydog said:

Hi all,

Time for a bit of a chill....things starting to get a bit elevated!

As much as I love discussions on the law of drinking in different countries, we seem to be moving away from them being used as examples for discussion on the topic.

Let's have a cold beer together and see if we can get back on course. 

Thanks

We have covered the topic in this article over and over already, a few additional strings going off at tangents like this is more fun.

2 hours ago, Stonker said:

You succeed in demonstrating your ignorance more with every post you make.

English is one of the official European languages.

Except in France, I still think it is against the law in advertising to use any English words when there is a French word available.

And talk to tourists from Sweden, Denmark and other countries who try and use international English when in France and they are ignored. 

4 hours ago, Stardust said:

Yes and we are very happy to have left the dictatorship of the unelected EU leaders.

It took a long time to leave with the EU leaders trying to keep us in the EU but with strength we left.

If you are French or German then I hope you are happy to pay for the rest of the EU from you taxes, if you are from any other EU country then you should grow bigger hands so Germany and France can give you even more things for free.

We had most of our people vaccinated months ago in the UK, you in the EU are so slow at doing anything with your waste of time unelected leaders. 

You seem to be very unhappy as I can see in your messages, did you just receive your EU tax bill? LOL

Edited by JamesR
spelling error

3 hours ago, Stonker said:

Sorry, but given the views of your choice of "expert" you don't really need me to provide any more!

Show me one, just one "expert" that says that masks are effective in preventing covid from being exhaled or inhaled through a mask.  Particularly the 3 baht ones sold here in Thailand.  It is you that is grabbing "experts" out of the air. 

4 hours ago, Stonker said:

Well, again, that's your view, but the experts disagree  with you pretty well unanimously now.

Again "those" unnamed unsourced "experts"   The trouble with you is that you either can't or don't want to even use your common sense in looking at the statistics and seeing if they make sense.  

Again, if Lithuania, Estonia, and the Netherlands policy of mandating masks was "so effective" according to "your experts"  then why is their rate of covid infection no different than Sweden.   But seeing your responses you would likely say it is due to the fact that the Swedes eat more meatballs.