Phuket bans alcohol sales at restaurants, issues order amid rise of Covid cases

Thaiger

32 minutes ago, yetanother said:

hahaha; in thailand i heard that if you have a business and a sign out front, then the city charges you more if , for example you have english,thai,chinese, the english is listed first (above the thai) ; got that from good authority here in chiang saen

So Thai Airways, Tiger Airways, Malaysian Airways offices all have to pay more tax because they are using English, Oh and Bangkok Hospital too,  come on now, do not listen to gossip from people in backward areas in the North.

8 minutes ago, longwood50 said:

Show me one, just one "expert" that says that masks are effective in preventing covid from being exhaled or inhaled through a mask.  Particularly the 3 baht ones sold here in Thailand.  It is you that is grabbing "experts" out of the air. 

There are a lot of medical people who wear masks in hospitals when operating on a patient and this has been standard for generations.

I would call them experts. 

They explain to us very simply they are protecting the patient and not the other way around.

It works with us the general pubic too, we are protecting the person next to us as they are protecting us.

It is very simple and it is called the aerosol affect, when you breath out, speak, shout etc the particles in an aerosol mist from you breath can can carry the virus to infect people around you.

A mask helps to stop this.

Of course they work.

21 minutes ago, JamesR said:

Yes and we are very happy to have left the dictatorship of the unelected EU leaders.

It took a long time to leave with the EU leaders trying to keep us in the EU but with strength we left.

If you are French or German then I hope you are happy to pay for the rest of the EU from you taxes, if you are from any other EU country then you should grow bigger hands so Germany and France can give you even more things for free.

We had most of our people vaccinated months ago in the UK, you in the EU are so slow at doing anything with your waste of time unelected leaders. 

You seem to be very unhappy as I can see in your messages, did you just receive your EU tax bill? LOL

Ok then leave us alone and don't dictate us anything what we have to think or what we have to do. Ans leave us alone alone about your me,me ,me ok? And leave the Irish and Scottish alone, too, and no more abuse and rob them! . You took already everything long time what belongs to them it is not yours and treat them like slaves. Go and everybody is happy and not talk just make!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Stonker said:

Exactly.

Where I live there are literally no bars in the entire district - that's 'district', not sub-district.

The nearest bar is about 40 kms away, but that doesn't mean nobody goes out for a drink!

Wow, it must be pretty expensive in taxi costs if you want to have a drink.

You can risk it though but I don't recommend it as it is not the right things to do, but if you get stopped by the police and you are over the limit while driving, it will mean a trip to the ATM to pay 20,000 baht as a 'private fine' and no further questions asked. 

1 hour ago, yetanother said:

hahaha; in thailand i heard that if you have a business and a sign out front, then the city charges you more if , for example you have english,thai,chinese, the english is listed first (above the thai) ; got that from good authority here in chiang saen

Yes we are all tired of Chines and English Coloniseism! Thank you for tell it.

3 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Ok then leave us alone and don't dictate us anything what we have to think or what we have to do. Ans leave us alone alone about your me,me ,me ok? And leave the Irish and Scottish alone, too, and no more abuse and rob them! . You took already everything long time what belongs to them it is not yours and treat them like slaves. Go and everybody is happy and not talk just make!

You mean like the Saxons invading England and taking it over.

You mean like the Romans taking over most of Europe including England.

You mean like the Normans taking over England and ruling it.

But it has not happened again for the last thousand years.

Check out your history and see which other countries you invaded and controlled for hundreds of years around the world, the Portuguese, the French did the same thing too.

The English were always fighting other European countries as they tried to take over the world but the English were more successful at it.

So you also made slaves too, but you were not good enough to take more countries.

Oh and the Irish are alone it is called Eire, only a small part of Northern Ireland is part of our union, they want to stay that way, and the Scottish had a referendum a few years ago and voted to stay in Britain so what are you talking about?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

That was true in Phuket I know people couldn't get a jab because their tabien baan was up in sticky rice land

well... my tabien baan/registered address was in Samui in this case.

5 minutes ago, JamesR said:

You mean like the Saxons invading England and taking it over.

You mean like the Romans taking over most of Europe including England.

You mean like the Normans taking over England and ruling it.

But it has not happened again for the last thousand years.

Check out your history and see which other countries you invaded and controlled for hundreds of years around the world, the Portuguese, the French did the same thing too.

The English were always fighting other European countries as they tried to take over the world but the English were more successful at it.

So you also made slaves too, but you were not good enough to take more countries.

Oh and the Irish are alone it is called Eire, only a small part of Northern Ireland is part of our union, they want to stay that way, and the Scottish had a referendum a few years ago and voted to stay in Britain so what are you talking about?

I am not a Saxon! And most in Germany dont like them! You seams not to know anything about the history and the German tribes! We not like them and had many wars with them before! I am from the south west we are celtic , latin and swabian and Alemans. F... the Saxon selfish ignorants we are tired of them sam like we are tired of the anglo saxon selfish extremists!

34 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Dictate to you? We do not care what the people in the EU do, I know a lot of counties want to leave the EU but are too scared, they just wave a white flag and pay their EU taxes.

Germany tried to to take over many countries not very long ago, and did make lots and lots of slaves work until they were dead, have you forgotten that?

We in the UK have no problems with the Germans so why do you have a problem with the UK over things we did a long time ago. 

Leave the Scottish alone? They had a vote just a few years ago and voted to stay in the UK so what are you talking about? The Irish were independent a long time ago, it is called Eire.

1 minute ago, JamesR said:

Dictate to you? We do not care what the people in the EU do, I know a lot of counties want to leave the EU but are too scared, they just wave a white flag and pay their EU taxes.

Germany tried to to take over many countries not very long ago, and did make lots and lots of slaves work until they were dead, have you forgotten that?

We in the UK have no problems with the Germans so why do you have a problem with the UK over things we did a long time ago. 

Leave the Scottish alone? They had a vote just a few years ago and voted to stay in the UK so what are you talking about? The Irish were independent a long time ago, it is called Eire.

Just leave us allone and also the Scotts! 

4 hours ago, Stonker said:

You succeed in demonstrating your ignorance more with every post you make.

English is one of the official European languages.

Hey Stonker, I recognise your style of argument etc, it is Simon Small AKA Issan John on the scene, I look forward to a few 'exchanges' again. 

Cheers

10 minutes ago, JamesR said:

The most Nazis are from Saxony in Germany, do you know that? And we hate this Nazis and all the other sick s... from east Germany! They killed first Germans before they killed others! Saxons are like that! 

1 minute ago, Stardust said:

The most Nazis are from Saxony in Germany, do you know that? And we hate this Nazis and all the other sick s... from east Germany! They killed first Germans before they killed others! Saxons are like that! 

When I was in Saxony I found the Germans there to be very friendly to me, I do not care what happened 75 years ago, it is not the same now. 

17 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Just leave us allone and also the Scotts! 

Leave the Scottish alone? They had a vote just a few years ago and voted to stay in the UK so what are you talking about?

7 hours ago, Stonker said:

Fair enough, but I don't think Bangkok had any doses going spare!

As one poster said, his 24 year old neice working at Phuket Phantasea was vaccinated while his two sister-in-laws in their 70's still haven't been.

I don't see how that can be justified rationally.

Come on, you know Phuket is the best and most important place in Thailand and the government needs the dosh from the 'millions' of tourists who will arrive in the next few weeks. LOL

NEW improved Immigration section goes LIVE on Wednesday! Strict NO NONSENSE posting rules will apply.

Interesting, what is the immigration section?

Will it be advice and information on visas, travel restrictions etc?

6 hours ago, Stardust said:

Europeans are celtic and latin but not English! Ask a Irish or a Scott he understands for sure what I mean and why all in Europe are annoyed about the English Ignorance and this Brexit extremists. You put yourself over all even when you know nothing about them and also wanna explain a Irish about his hometown he grow up even you never been there and explain a german their but not even can read and never read it. Brexit is done and accept the reality England is not Europe dont explain them any law that they know better than you and stop the ignorance or do I explain you the law of England and claim I know it better than the English. I am European! You got it? And I speak 3 languangues as native languange but to know you have to know the border are France and understand that there are 2 or 3 native languanges are!. Thats it! Europe is fed up of this Ignorance, learn to accept it!

You said, "I am European! You got it? And I speak 3 languangues..."

I speak three languages too, oh and which continent is England in?......It is in Europe is it, I see so I am also European., but not an angry European.