News Forum - British court’s ruling on Julian Assange extradition is life-threatening

Thaiger

Stella Assange, the wife of Julian Assange, vehemently condemned the British court’s decision to approve her husband’s extradition to the United States, describing it as “an attack on Julian’s life.” Alongside Amnesty International and a number of human rights activists, she criticised the judgement made by the British court, yesterday, March 26. The court announced … …

The story British court’s ruling on Julian Assange extradition is life-threatening as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Stella reminds me of one of Charles Manson's followers: Deluded.

Assange won't get the death penalty, but he will probably get 20 years in a federal medium to minimum security prison, with parol or commutation after 5-10 years. That's assuming he doesn't get shived  in the yard.  He is responsible for the deaths of those who had their identities revealed.

In a way I can see what he was trying to expose the dirty underhand dealing of the disastrous Obama/Biden Administration (which needed exposure) however his lack of regard for the life's of the rank and file members of The Military and Intelligence Opratives and sources for personal fame is inexcusable life without the possibility of parole. 

Assange is an unsavoury individual, however the indictment is a travesty of press freedom. It seeks to criminalise what good investigative journalists do every day: soliciting, receiving and publishing information governments want to keep secret.

Conflating law breaking by a journalist’s sources with publishing what the sources provide, as the indictment clearly does, shuts down a critical channel for whistleblowers to hold government’s accountable.

One need only return to the pentagon papers to see how the law should be approaching the publication of newsworthy material however obtained. Unless it can be proved that Assange assisted the hacking by Manning, the charges should be dropped.

Trump championed Assange prior to becoming president , only to investigate the feasibility of having him exterminated once gaining office. These are the lengths that people in power will go to, to obfuscate their malfeasance. And highlights the level of personal threat to public reputation, the likes of Assange are seen to be.

12 hours ago, 23RD said:

In a way I can see what he was trying to expose the dirty underhand dealing of the disastrous Obama/Biden Administration (which needed exposure) however his lack of regard for the life's of the rank and file members of The Military and Intelligence Opratives and sources for personal fame is inexcusable life without the possibility of parole. 

FYI, material leaked occurred in 2010 and 2011. It involved hundreds of thousands of U.S. military reports about the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, as well as American diplomatic communications that dated back to the Bush Presidency. Many of the operatives exposed had been in place for years. The Obama administration was not the target. I am surprised that you now defend the exploitation by Assange of the mentally ill Chelsea Manning.

The material was originally leaked to WikiLeaks by former Army analyst Chelsea Manning.

The campaign to keep Assange’s name in the media is still working well after all these years and we must give his team credit for that. He’ll survive prison in the US and it looks to me as if he is just prolonging the inevitable. 

1 hour ago, Vigo said:

FYI, material leaked occurred in 2010 and 2011. It involved hundreds of thousands of U.S. military reports about the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, as well as American diplomatic communications that dated back to the Bush Presidency. Many of the operatives exposed

Yes Vigo and being a Veteran off both Iraq and Afghanistan I don't have much tolerance for leaking classified documents that put ANY Coalition Servicemen at risk but Its worth noting that The Muppets of Wikileaks dumped this information during the disastrous Obama/Biden Administration ( not the only thing leaked during that Administration).

1 hour ago, Vigo said:

I am surprised that you now defend the exploitation by Assange of the mentally ill Chelsea Manning.

The material was originally leaked to WikiLeaks by former Army analyst Chelsea Manning.

No Vigo I in no way,shape or form do I defend the actions of Bradley Manning the mentally insane Transvestite and self confessed Democrat if I had my way he would be hung by the neck (in public) until dead for his crimes.

3 hours ago, 23RD said:

Yes Vigo and being a Veteran off both Iraq and Afghanistan I don't have much tolerance for leaking classified documents that put ANY Coalition Servicemen at risk but Its worth noting that The Muppets of Wikileaks dumped this information during the disastrous Obama/Biden Administration ( not the only thing leaked during that Administration).

No Vigo I in no way,shape or form do I defend the actions of Bradley Manning the mentally insane Transvestite and self confessed Democrat if I had my way he would be hung by the neck (in public) until dead for his crimes.

Just checking.  Saul  aka Paul was on the road to Damascus when he had his Epiphany, and you may have had one while chugging a Leo.

in a democracy,

the role of whistleblowers (and in theory the press) is to expose government lies and dirty work

the US government was exposed with pants down, and of course they can't take it

if you don't want to be caught with crimes, just don't do the crimes

this is the same thing we are accusing Putin of doing, and yet when it's us, we should get a free pass

no wonder the US has lost credibility on the world stage, they come across as hyprocrites

maybe the diplomatic cables was a bit too far, I agree

but the war crimes by the US forces and the Wagner equivalent paid mercenaries (BlackWater)

need to be exposed,

so corrective actions can be taken

that's how a functioning democracy work

otherwise we will all end up like a Putin regime trying to mock up Democracy

18 minutes ago, Vigo said:

Just checking.  Saul  aka Paul was on the road to Damascus when he had his Epiphany, and you may have had one while chugging a Leo.

Hopefully there will be a few Epiphanies come November and we can get the Adults back in control Vigo Bud. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, butterfly said:

but the war crimes by the US forces and the Wagner equivalent paid mercenaries (BlackWater)

I can only speak from a British point of view but the actions of these whistleblowers opened an open season for an Army of Left-Wing Activist and their Lawyers to bring numerous fabricated claims of abuse against Servicemen and Veterans that went on for years causing  distress to Servicemen who did their duty impeccably.

Now dis-barred Activist Lawyers Phil Shiner formerly of Public Interest Lawyers being a classic example a Lawyer who paid Iraqi fixers to pay fake witnesses to non existent War crimes also the Left wing Guardian Newspaper has a lot to answer for.

A point to note Democrats love whistleblowers until they blow the whistle on them.

• Haha 1