News Forum - Baltimore bridge collapse prompts urgent search (video)

Thaiger

A cargo ship collision caused the collapse of a bridge in Baltimore, leading to multiple cars plunging into the water and triggering a search for eight missing individuals. President of the United States Joe Biden has pledged to fast-track the reconstruction of the damaged bridge and port facilities. This commitment was made following the incident, … …

The story Baltimore bridge collapse prompts urgent search (video) as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The bridge collapse like a stack of cards. Just wondering what is the quality of the built? 

• Like 1

It seems total design madness to me, not to have built large, reinforced bulwarks against each set of supports, especially for a major port.  Penny pinching at its most ludicrous. 

I'm just waiting for the first Democrat lunatic on MSM to blame it on racism closely followed by blaming it on President Trump. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinetree said:

It seems total design madness to me, not to have built large, reinforced bulwarks against each set of supports, especially for a major port.  Penny pinching at its most ludicrous. 

Not penny pinching and not poor engineering. As the engineering analysts have pointed out, a large vessel as large as the Empire State building crashed into the bridge. When the bridge was built it was in an era of small, slower vessels. There were no super cargo vessels. The  common barriers found throughout the world cannot stop a large cargo ship. The vessel had deployed its anchors to slow it down. The  bridge was in good shape and bridges are not built to sustain a  major impact. Engineers have stated that the common "dolphins" seen around some large bridges would have failed under this type of impact. It was an unfortunate accident. Building super reinforced dolphins are not fiscally viable and would cost $billions. It is not just this bridge, but many critical bridges around the world are just as vulnerable.

The economic loss this tragedy will create will be in the. hundreds of millions Of $. Baltimore Port is out of business once it clears what it has in Port and on the stranded vessels. Much of the east coast auto shipments came in from this port and they will be diverted elsewhere. It will be a   boon to the railways which will pick up the  internal shipping from other ports which are at capacity. 15,000 workers  are employed at the port. Many will be jobless. There are several ships stuck in Port and this will cost the shipping companies.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

The bridge collapse like a stack of cards. Just wondering what is the quality of the built? 

The bridge was hit by a 100,000-ton ship moving at 8 knots.   Do the math. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 23RD said:

I'm just waiting for the first Democrat lunatic on MSM to blame it on racism closely followed by blaming it on President Trump. 

Do you ever give it a rest??

You right wingers are the worst people on earth 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Do you ever give it a rest??

You right wingers are the worst people on earth 

Pete Buttigieg current US Transport Secretary has claimed on many occasions that Roads and other infrastructure within the US is racist his words not mine Marc my Old China. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 23RD said:

Pete Buttigieg current US Transport Secretary has claimed on many occasions that Roads and other infrastructure within the US is racist his words not mine Marc my Old China. 

Just stop with your nonsense 

Aren't you ever embarrassed???

The only assh*les that interjected politics into this crash yesterday were mor*n Republicans 

• Like 1

Interesting to note that the some of the 6 fatalities recorded so far were  immigrant workers from Mexico and Guatemala who were doing the asphalt work on the bridge. I am sure that's good for someone to make cheap political comments with. Immigrant latinos doing  hard work for the city and state of Maryland.

59 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Just stop with your nonsense 

Aren't you ever embarrassed???

The only assh*les that interjected politics into this crash yesterday were mor*n Republicans 

Answer the question did Pete Buttigieg Democrat and current US Transport Secretary state on numerous occasions that Roads and Bridges in The US are Racist?

It beggers believe how an inanimate object could be Racist however given some of the ridiculous weekly statements from Democrats it comes as no surprise. 

Aren't you ever embarrassed supporting these freaks Marc???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 23RD said:

Answer the question did Pete Buttigieg Democrat and current US Transport Secretary state on numerous occasions that Roads and Bridges in The US are Racist?

It beggers believe how an inanimate object could be Racist however given some of the ridiculous weekly statements from Democrats it comes as no surprise. 

Aren't you ever embarrassed supporting these freaks Marc???

The thing is you don't even understand what he is saying.....

That's what is embarrassing.....

You are commenting without understanding.......

You saw an idiotic take in your right wing blogosphere and just parrot it without even realizing how stupid you sound because you clearly don't understand what he was referring to.......which is well documented 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Marc26 said:

The thing is you don't even understand what he is saying.....

That's what is embarrassing.....

You are commenting without understanding.......

You saw an idiotic take in your right wing blogosphere and just parrot it without even realizing how stupid you sound because you clearly don't understand what he was referring to.......which is well documented 

Oh I understand very well Marc and I don't sound stupid it's the representatives off your Political Party sound stupid Racist Infrastructure sounds as stupid as when The Democrats talk about men can have babies and toddlers can choose their gender your Party is a home for the clinically insane. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 23RD said:

Oh I understand very well Marc and I don't sound stupid it's the representatives off your Political Party sound stupid Racist Infrastructure sounds as stupid as when The Democrats talk about men can have babies and toddlers can choose their gender your Party is a home for the clinically insane. 

Again you clearly don't have a clue....

But I am not about to teach some adult fool

• Like 1

I waited a few days before posting this event since not enough is known initially.  Now that folks have dug into this story then the details are quite profound.

So is the Francis Scott Key Bridge just another bridge in America?  Or does it have important significance?  From the reporting below it appears that the bridge is a highly strategic one for several reasons and this may be the first major act of the unconventional warfare that's being waged against the U.S.

Lara Logan reports some stunning information, much of it from her intelligence sources.  Dave Walsh follows up to bring awareness to the strategic significance of the bridge.  I'm sure more info will follow in the coming days and weeks.  Is it coincidental that the one man who knows what happened, namely the pilot of the ship, has his identity kept secret?

Both videos are a must watch, in my opinion.  Especially Logan's, which is linked to in the GP article.

Lara Logan on Francis Scott Key Bridge Collapse: “Everyone Knows… This Is a Cyber Attack on a Critical Infrastructure Corridor in the United States”

Lara Logan: Well, I have a better question for you, Steve. Why are you coming to the mic telling the country that it’s not terrorism when your own intelligence agencies are telling you it is? And I know they are because I didn’t make this up. These are not my words. I’m talking to people who are on the inside, some who are on active duty, some who are retired. And everyone, literally, from critical infrastructure in the Department of Homeland Security to the intelligence agencies, they know there’s no other… This is a cyber attack on a critical infrastructure corridor for the United States.

For those people who think this is just a river, this is in Baltimore, what does this matter? You don’t know anything about what you’re talking about. The I-94 corridor on the Eastern Seaboard is literally what connects the North and South. And when I talk about hazardous materials, this is a brilliant, well-planned strategic attack on one of the most important supply chains in the United States of America. The only other one is in the Western side in California. That’s the only one that’s busier. And what you have done, you now have shut it down.

And When I talk about hazardous materials, what are we talking about here? This is refined fuels, right? This is propane gas. This is diesel. This is fuel. This is flammable materials. This is oversized loads, nitrogen, chemicals. Everything that you need for your economy to move has literally just been shut down for 4-5 years.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/03/lara-logan-francis-scott-key-bridge-collapse-everyone/

Dave Walsh Explains Why The Bridge Collapse In Baltimore Will Effect The Port And Economy

https://rumble.com/v4lqa53-dave-walsh-explains-why-the-bridge-collapse-in-baltimore-will-effect-the-po.html

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

You probably need to start teaching a bit closer to home Marc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

Again you clearly don't have a clue....

This is why he has a place on my ignore list for "special people".  It's just nauseating.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

This is why he has a place on my ignore list for "special people".  It's just nauseating.

The thing is, these wingnuts can't be shamed or embarrassed for their idiocy.....

It's impossible

• Like 1

Politicizing a tragedy with intentional misinformation should be a criminal offense. It isn't free speech, but the intentional act of fomenting panic and fear: i.e. terrorism.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vigo said:

Politicizing a tragedy with intentional misinformation should be a criminal offense. It isn't free speech, but the intentional act of fomenting panic and fear: i.e. terrorism.

Totally agree Vigo Bud a classic example being George Fentanyl Floyd and not one Democrat has been changed with a criminal offence. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MrStretch said:

Now I can just imagine how nauseating it must be for you losing every argument because you're on the wrong side of history Mc in fact you sound like the hosts of NBC/MSNBC this week when they were told there was a Conservative being employed by the head sheds to challenge their sole opinion ( they threw their toys outta the cot to).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Vigo said:

Politicizing a tragedy with intentional misinformation should be a criminal offense.

You clearly are a communist as you argue that only a single viewpoint is allowed and all others should be criminalized.  And by some odd coincidence that single viewpoint happens to by yours.

21 hours ago, Marc26 said:

The thing is, these wingnuts can't be shamed or embarrassed for their idiocy.....

It's impossible

How can anyone shame you when you live in the real world?  Of course that would be impossible as no one in their right mind refutes actual reality.  The thing about leftists is that they can't be shamed even when their ideas, such as boys can be girls, girls can be boys, and men can get pregnant, are shown to be a clear refutation of the real world.

Was this an accident or was it a planned event?  Asking that question will automatically get you labeled a conspiracy theorist as questioning is not allowed.  Only acceptance of government and MSM narratives is allowed these days.  If you don't then you're a wingnut.  As the left will tell you, the definition of "conspiracy theorist" is "the act of questioning."  So goes the mind bending brainwashing which many posters here constantly engage in.

Lara Logan Provides Comprehensive Baltimore Update: Experts in Behavioral Analytics, Counter-Terrorism, and National Security Analyze Recent Incident

They believe those in charge will make sure the investigation into the bridge crash “goes nowhere quick”.

[. . . ]

They use the media to create the assumptive narrative – do not want the facts analyzed because they do not want people processing the truth. Truth naturally leads to questions they do not want asked.

But it would be “foolish and naive at the expense of national security not to question the Government narrative on the Baltimore bridge crash given the level of corruption in spheres of power and influence in this country today”.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/03/lara-logan-provides-comprehensive-baltimore-update-experts-behavioral/

Any rational person would be asking how the determination could be made that the bridge disaster on March 26 at 1:30 AM was not a terrorist attack only mere hours after the event, in which any type of investigation would be impossible to conduct.  A determination made this quickly defies all common sense.

No terrorism connection in bridge collapse: Maryland transportation secretary

https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/no-terrorism-connection-in-bridge-collapse-maryland-transportation-secretary-207687749530

No 'Credible Evidence of a Terrorist Attack,' Says Maryland Gov. at Site of Baltimore Bridge Collapse - Updated on March 26, 2024 11:32AM EDT

A preliminary investigation into the Baltimore bridge collapse has revealed no evidence of terrorism, authorities said at a press conference Tuesday morning.

“We are still investigating what happened but we are quickly gathering details,” Maryland Gov. Wes Moore said. “We haven’t seen any credible evidence of a terrorist attack.”

Bill DelBagno, FBI Special Agent in charge of the Baltimore Field Office, also emphasized that terrorism is not thought to be involved.

“I want to be clear that there is no specific or credible information to suggest that there are ties to terrorism in this incident,” DelBagno said.

https://people.com/no-credible-evidence-terrorist-attack-says-maryland-gov-baltimore-bridge-collapse-8620395