News Forum - Thailand’s proposed land bridge project could boost various sectors

Thaiger

2 hours ago, caught said:

Prove me wrong. I hop-e you can.

·      "What evidence would convince you that this theory might be incorrect?"

58 minutes ago, caught said:

I've posted my evidence. Where's yours?

Have you considered the credibility of the sources you're using?

do you have any alternative sources or viewpoints you've examined?"

40 minutes ago, cowslip said:

·      "What evidence would convince you that this theory might be incorrect?"

Try me, but not based on someone famous said something. 

33 minutes ago, caught said:

Try me, but not based on someone famous said something. 

again - Have you considered the credibility of the sources you're using?

48 minutes ago, caught said:

Of course, as well as the credibility of the sources they cite.

I expect you have other references from the ones you've cited - they are singularly unimpressive not even primary of secondary.

It leads to me to think that you may be rather susceptible to misinformation, rumors, or disinformation due to your naive inclination to question official narratives.

Here's and opning into critical thinking - if you are going to persue any argument, you need to understand this first.

Critical thinking is essential in science. It's what naturally takes students in the direction of scientific reasoning since evidence is a key component of this style of thought. It's not just about whether evidence is available to support a particular answer but how valid that evidence is.

1 hour ago, caught said:

Anyone who is unwilling to question official or other narratives is not wort6h any more of my time. Bye. 

Skepticality is the basis of all scientific and critical thinking - but your reples suggest to me you don't know what that is. As I said earlier - research is a skill and so is critical thinking.

I suspect you don't understand the difference bet ween search and research which puts you in an awkward position to put forward and argument - you haven't displayed any of these skills so far.

Critical thinking is essential in science. It's an essential part of scientific reasoning since evidence is a key component of this style of thought. It's not just about whether evidence is available to support a particular answer but how valid that evidence is and how it is then peer reviewed.

• Like 1

Back to the topic:

The land bridge project can save time for ships of up to 10 days from using the busy Malacca Straits, and investors will be allowed to operate it for 50 years before handing it over to the state. Saving time by using this shortcut is not the only issue that all ships factor in as they have to calculate the double-handling cost of containers loaded from one ship to another waiting on the other side of the coast, the study says. The land bridge project would be attractive only for main vessels to unload freight to feeders, while ships sailing non-stop between the two seas will be not interested in using the Thai bridge, it adds. 

link:https://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opinion/2678883/is-land-bridge-plan-just-a-pipe-dream- 

I like how they say up to 10 days. I remember the study from last time the land bridge was proposed and the savings was supposed to only be 2-3 days. It was part of the reason the idea was dropped. If the through traffic isn’t going to use the land bridge, the entire plan of a boondoggle of epic proportions. It will never pay for itself and saddled the country with a massive debt. Keeping in mind globalization is dead, the body just isn’t cold yet. Whatever grand design was behind this plan, died along with it. 

• Like 1